Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English (674 Views)

Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? / 20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / Some Common Errors In English. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by Jamariwolff(f): 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
So as a first language, we just learnt the English language without really focusing on its basic conjugations. I'd use 5 common verbs to show you how to avoid errors I see here everyday.

1. To have:
I have
You have
He/she/it has
We have
They have

2. To come
I come
You come
He/she/it comes
We come
They come

3. To go:
I go
You go
He/she/it goes
We go
They go

4. To cry:
I cry
You cry
He/she/it cries
We cry
They cry

5. To buy:
I buy
You buy
He/she/it buys
We buy
They buy

OK now, what can you notice from the above conjugations?
They're not all the same!!!
You can't say 'he have', because it's wrong.

Take for example: He go to school everyday (wrong)
He goes to school everyday (right)

She come here everyday (wrong)
She comes here everyday (right)

What goes around come back around (wrong)
What goes around comes back around (right)

I think that I'm out of my mind (right)
He think that he's out of his mind (wrong)
They think that they're out of their mind (right)
She thinks that she's out of her mind (right)

He have gone (wrong)
He has gone (right)

Please take note and avoid these mistakes. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
Okay bruh....
Re: Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by BiafranBushBoy: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Aiight dude.
Re: Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by viyon02: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice one op
Re: Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by Jamariwolff(f): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
viyon02:
Nice one op
thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by Aminu212: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2018
Op formula i.e the Concord pls
Re: Avoid These Verb Conjugation Errors In English by Jamariwolff(f): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2018
Aminu212:
Op formula i.e the Concord pls
in verbs, the first person (I and you) retains a singular form, while (he/she/it) becomes plural. (They and we) also retains a singular form.

I go, you go, he goes (notice the es added)

He never listens to me, not he never listen to me.
I never listen to my mother, not I never listens t my mother.

Understood?

(1) (Reply)

Join The Daily Creative Writing Class For Fiction Writers On Whatsapp Group / JAMB Finally Announce Date For 2018 UTME Examination / When Is Held WAEC Results Going To Come Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.