Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here (9640 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Lebanese Female Police Officers In Mini-Shorts To Attract Tourists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 03, 2018
I was going through the travel session of nairaland and i found out there is no thread for travelers or tourists(at least none that i know, if you know one please drop link) where we can share our tour experiences or exchange ideas of destinations or fun things to do in some cities.

I am a real travel lover and travel is my new hobby. i wish to share my experiences with like minds, learn about new destinations and even the economic importance of being a tourist. so if you are a tourist, you love tourism or just love talking/hearing about tourism LETS MEET HERE,

I made my first major trip out of Nigeria in august 2017(i had been to Cotonou and Ghana on some occasions before then) and since then i have been to 9 countries(France, Italy,Turkey,Poland...) already(all thanks to my schengen visa), i plan to visit more countries this year starting next week with Norway, Hungary and Austria....then later in the summer,Russia (world cup), USA and more European countries.

please drop your experiences/advice/suggestions/questions/inquires lets make tourism fun.

I have dropped few pictures from previous trips, i will also drop more pictures next week from my hungary/Austria trip. please feel free to do same.

LETS HAVE SOME TOURIST FUN.

Please dont leave without saying something

6 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by IME1: 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
Present sir

We come behind you.
For me 5 things are important with 'pleasure travels' not work or school which are more rewarding and focused.
1. Money (transport fare by road, air, train, or boat)
2. Where to lay the head without fear of thief or disturbance
3. Food (will you be compatible with the food available where you go?)
4. Language barrier (op traveling Europe outside England can be frustrating when you meet who speak English up refuse to because it's not their language. PS: Welcome to some parts of Nigeria, I did not mention anywhere oh!)
Lastly,
5. Returns (what do you stand to gain from your trip? Experience, sight seeing, new knowledge, financial benefit, relaxation, lasting friendship, better health, etc) if not stay for you house watch cable. Me i don go Antarctica courtesy of TV >: grin kiss

Please permit me to ask, is it possible to hitch hike in Nigeria?

Those who constantly go to Lagos from Ibadan
Or
Enugu from Awka
Or
Auchi to Abuja
Or
Kaduna to Abuja
Or
Benin to Asaba

How can they connect with private car owners who are also looking for travel companions or extra money to buy fuel from travelling with these people?

I've been on both ends and it's frustrating. I've had to travel long hours and journey alone and it's not safe or encouraging.
I've also needed to travel speedily to places where direct transport is unavailable where I am and I wished I knew someone going my way.
Funny enough there is always someone going our way... with free space for us!

6 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2018
IME1:
Present sir

you have any travel experience you wanna share?
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by IME1: 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2018
Uchboggy:

you have any travel experience you wanna share?

Bros I be Naija champion oh,
I don travel round,
I want to conquer my dear country before I move out.
So when I go i won't meet some foreigner telling me more about my own country.
I find it easier 90% of the time when I speak with people here in Nigeria to relate to
what they say and the places and roads they tread, because I have travelled and
would have probably travelled to where they are talking about.
But my travel is now more focused on research and school okay and vacation (once a year)

2 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by AutoFastSales: 11:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
Sure. Let me take a space grin

3 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by DeutscheFrau(f): 1:07am On Feb 04, 2018
nice thread

2 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 3:20am On Feb 04, 2018
The bolded are very very valid points i can relate to all,

-To me Poland has been the cheapest destination i have been to. both flight and tor activities where quite cheaper than that of Italy France and Norway, although France was more fun,

-As for where to lay head, most times i use Airbnb dot com for accommodation. very affordable and you get to meet a host who can double as your tour guide as well.

- Food is my number one issue as i am very picky with foods, i hardly try out new local foods(which is bad for a tourist), i end up eating McDonald/burger-king for the most times during my trips. although in global cities like paris, google could help one locate a good African restaurants but mind you that their prices would be on the high side.

- As for the 4th point (you seem to be writing these points from my head) i can relate 100%. it is very common to experience this in France where there is an invisible battle of supremacy between french and English. i had a bitter experience in France which made me miss my return flight(long story for another day)

- The returns is a very important part of a tour too, personally when i go on tour i just want to see new places, learn their culture, the way they do things but of course if i can make income from traveling that would be perfect!

Photo: #somewhereInPoland

IME1:
Present sir

We come behind you.
For me 5 things are important with 'pleasure travels' not work or school which are more rewarding and focused.
1. Money (transport fare by road, air, train, or boat)
2. Where to lay the head without fear of thief or disturbance
3. Food (will you be compatible with the food available where you go?)
4. Language barrier (op traveling Europe outside England can be frustrating when you meet who speak English up refuse to because it's not their language. PS: Welcome to some parts of Nigeria, I did not mention anywhere oh!)
Lastly,
5. Returns (what do you stand to gain from your trip? Experience, sight seeing, new knowledge, financial benefit, relaxation, lasting friendship, better health, etc) if not stay for you house watch cable
. Me i don go Antarctica courtesy of TV >: grin kiss

Please permit me to ask, is it possible to hitch hike in Nigeria?

Those who constantly go to Lagos from Ibadan
Or
Enugu from Awka
Or
Auchi to Abuja
Or
Kaduna to Abuja
Or
Benin to Asaba

How can they connect with private car owners who are also looking for travel companions or extra money to buy fuel from travelling with these people?

I've been on both ends and it's frustrating. I've had to travel long hours and journey alone and it's not safe or encouraging.
I've also needed to travel speedily to places where direct transport is unavailable where I am and I wished I knew someone going my way.
Funny enough there is always someone going our way... with free space for us!

3 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by IME1: 9:56am On Feb 04, 2018
[quote author=Uchboggy post=64766544]

I wish you journey mercies in all your travels, with peace, protection, funds and help oh Uchboggy.

The world is getting more desperate so I'm always thankful when I travel and return safely. No story of kidnap, swindle, theft, dupe, organ theft, food poisoning, accident, and all other travail.

I pray earnestly that I'd one day be like you and travel the world. Even one country in one continent reach me grin but I can ask for more.

One day you'll tell me how I can go about funds and all and visa and ticket and accommodation arrangements and the Schengen visa you wrote about.

I also have hopes of using different means of transportation - helicopter, train, power bike, camel sef, ship, all cool

Also with the way things are for me presently, if anyone makes mistake to give me money to travel, I may plough it into my business instead oh tongue help is lean at the moment but I can't complain, Jehovah jireh. Last time my family had to gang up and buy my ticket and not give me the money cause they know what I'd have done with the money. Uchboggy pls don't mind me oh, traveling is in me, and I'd overcome every obstacle, get a travel buddy and all I need and travel this world and space even in this my 'young' age,

So help me God wink

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by IME1: 9:58am On Feb 04, 2018
... and Uchboggy your pictures are lite really nice

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by lindseystarc(m): 8:27am On Feb 05, 2018
nice post, thanks for the share. I really like to travel to new places & explore new exotic locations.

2 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2018
lindseystarc:
nice post, thanks for the share. I really like to travel to new places & explore new exotic locations.

Thank you.

So guys if you know people who travel you can tag them to this thread so they can share experience and make the thread lively.

Let me start by tagging my travel buddy @olujastro

My Hungary trip coming up this week guys so WATCH THIS SPACE!!

2 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2018
IME1:
... and Uchboggy your pictures are lite really nice

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by klexycole(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nice thread, nice pictures. wink Following...

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by ladylco: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
Uchboggy:
I was going through the travel session of nairaland and i found out there is no thread for travelers or tourists(at least none that i know, if you know one please drop link) where we can share our tour experiences or exchange ideas of destinations or fun things to do in some cities.

I am a real travel lover and travel is my new hobby. i wish to share my experiences with like minds, learn about new destinations and even the economic importance of being a tourist. so if you are a tourist, you love tourism or just love talking/hearing about tourism LETS MEET HERE,

I made my first major trip out of Nigeria in august 2017(i had been to Cotonou and Ghana on some occasions before then) and since then i have been to 9 countries(France, Italy,Turkey,Poland...) already(all thanks to my schengen visa), i plan to visit more countries this year starting next week with Norway, Hungary and Austria....then later in the summer,Russia (world cup), USA and more European countries.

please drop your experiences/advice/suggestions/questions/inquires lets make tourism fun.

I have dropped few pictures from previous trips, i will also drop more pictures next week from my hungary/Austria trip. please feel free to do same.

LETS HAVE SOME TOURIST FUN.
L
Please dont leave without saying something

Nice thread. I love travelling too infact my other hobby apart from making money grin.

Currently on biz/pleasure trip in Canada.
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
ladylco:

Nice thread. I love travelling too infact my other hobby apart from making money grin.

Wow. That’s nice. That makes two of us. Please stick around, your expertise would be required here smiley

Feel free to share any experiences with us.
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by olujastro: 4:17pm On Feb 06, 2018
Uchboggy:

Thank you.

So guys if you know people who travel you can tag them to this thread so they can share experience and make the thread lively.

Present sir. Nice thread by the way.
Enjoy your Hungary trip. Make I wait until the winter is over (at least Spring season) before stepping out of my "comfort zone".
Return tickets now booked for Easter holiday in Spain and Portugal.
See you in Barcelona!

3 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by olujastro: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
ladylco:

Show us the way oh. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by prettyesther20: 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nice thread op... Travelling is one of the best hobbies, getting to meet different people and interact is all shades lovely.

P.s, u look good op smiley

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by mamuzoOMAH(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
nice topic. I intend making a living out of travelling. I love travelling. I've been to a good number of places and tourist centers in Nigeria and hopefully soon, I intend touring foreign countries. any idea how one can make a living out of travelling?

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by butch411: 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Hello, i intend to make a trip to Hungary sometime in march as well, maybe touch some other shenghen countries.You could actually get cheap hotels at www.Bookings.com... could u please tell me how much u have budgeted for the hungary trip? Maybe cost estimate including flight?

Thank you.

My Hungary trip coming up this week guys so WATCH THIS SPACE!![/quote]
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
prettyesther20:
Nice thread op... Travelling is one of the best hobbies, getting to meet different people and interact is all shades lovely.

P.s, u look good op smiley

Yes, traveling is the best hobby I know and it’s at the same time very very educative.

Aww, thanks for the compliment ����
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
butch411:
Hello, i intend to make a trip to Hungary sometime in march as well, maybe touch some other shenghen countries.You could actually get cheap hotels at www.Bookings.com... could u please tell me how much u have budgeted for the hungary trip? Maybe cost estimate including flight?

Thank you.

I’m traveling to Hungary from Oslo where I am currently. My flight to and fro was about 120$(between 40 and 50k naira).

As for accommodation I usually make use of Airbnb because u not only get good deals but you have a host who can direct you on what, where, how and when to do things in that country/city which might help save you from trouble or wasteful spendings.

For example In Budapest I booked a whole serviced flat (bedroom,kitchen,sofa,double mattress, everything) for less than 30$ per night whereas that Money can’t get me an above average hotel. Since I booked my host has been checking up on me wanting to know how she can help, she sent me a long email detailing all I need to do how I don’t need to enter airport taxi(20eur) instead there are direct trains into town (less than 3euro).

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
nice topic. I intend making a living out of travelling. I love travelling. I've been to a good number of places and tourist centers in Nigeria and hopefully soon, I intend touring foreign countries. any idea how one can make a living out of travelling?

I also want to make a living from traveling . These are the few ways I think one can make a living off traveling.

1. Promoting your personal travel experiences on social media and then getting contracts as ambassadors to travel agencies

2. Having a blog or YouTube channel (the channel has to be big though)

These two ways are quite tasking and expensive to achieve

Anyone with other suggestions should please help out

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by prettyesther20: 10:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
Uchboggy:

Yes, traveling is the best hobby I know and it’s at the same time very very educative.

Aww, thanks for the compliment ����
yeah very educative... Such knowledge is never forgotten

1 Like

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by mamuzoOMAH(m): 9:41am On Feb 07, 2018
Uchboggy:

I also want to make a living from traveling . These are the few ways I think one can make a living off traveling.

1. Promoting your personal travel experiences on social media and then getting contracts as ambassadors to travel agencies

that is no easy feat. one has to spend a lot of money and time and gain ground before getting to that stage. wawuu
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 07, 2018
Uchboggy:

to grow a YouTube channel is hard. How do u get your first set of viewers is the problem. I grew mine without a single money spent. Currently having 4000+ subscribers. I don collect money too grin. How did I grow my channel? Through Title tags (Current most search)

Lemme give u hint u didn't pay for grin
Title "See me dancing SHAKU SHAKU on the street of London" people go won watch as u dey dance for London, wat helped? "SHAKU SHAKU". God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by kenevision(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
Uchboggy:

Nice thread brother.

I hope to be in Austria by June. And from there explore other Schengen countries.

How was your experience staying in Schengen area in terms of food, security and cost of living?
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by kenevision(m): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
dubolog:
to grow a YouTube channel is hard. How do u get your first set of viewers is the problem. I grew mine without a single money spent. Currently having 4000+ subscribers. I don collect money too grin. How did I grow my channel? Through Title tags (Current most search)

Title "See me dancing SHAKU SHAKU on the street of London" people go won watch as u dey dance for London, wat helped? "SHAKU SHAKU". God bless

Nice info bro.

One of my favorite YouTube travel channels are Gabriel The Traveller and Vaga Brothers. They are really good and command great followership.

2 Likes

Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
kenevision:

Nice info bro.

One of my favorite YouTube travel channels are Gabriel The Traveller and Vaga Brothers. They are really good and command great followership.

I hope you add me to this list soon cry
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
dubolog:

Nice one , thanks for the info
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Uchboggy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
kenevision:

Nice thread brother.

I hope to be in Austria by June. And from there explore other Schengen countries.

How was your experience staying in Schengen area in terms of food, security and cost of living?

To me Schengen countries vary a lot so you can’t talk about the in terms of food security and cost of living as a whole.

For example countries like Norway, Switzerland and maybe France are very expensive to live in but countries like Poland, Hungary, etc are very cheap to live in. Same way food security vary but on a general note Schengen countries are good
Re: Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
Uchboggy:

Nice one , thanks for the info
youtube. Current rule is having 4000hrs watched and 1,000 subscribers before u can monetize and earn. Google "Youtube 4000 hours 1000 subscribers" and read.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline / 1,487 Illegal Routes To Nigeria Uncovered / What Is The Postal Code For Onitsha In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.