Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion (1886 Views)

Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
The Northern elite have used religion to keep our Northern brothers and sisters in gross poverty. Imagine that some of the richest people in the country are from the North and Northerners have led the country for most of its young history, yet poverty in the North is endemic, visible, oppressive and desperate.

Reason why = RELIGION

In the South we have been exposed to a vast amount of knowledge, we are well traveled and highly educated such that our universities are turning out millions of graduates who end up on the pile of unemployment. We hold strategic positions in government, business, and education, yet our people are languishing in abject poverty.

Reason why = RELIGION

Our politicians use religion to divide us, they use religion to pacify us, they use religion to enter office and hold onto office at all costs, and they use religion as a tool to tear the nation apart, so that while we are preoccupied with fighting wars, Fulani herdsman and other nefarious wicked acts in the land, they are busy stealing the little money that is left, carting billions abroad, covering each others back, with no iota of empathy for the misery of our people and lack of hope amomg our youth.

Religion is the reason why we cannot move forward, it makes us dumb, docile, passive and superstitious. There are millions of churches and mosques all over the land, yet wickedness finds more room for growth and more diabolical ways of expressing itself. Our Pastors are getting richer while the people are getting poorer. They tell the people to pray and hope in God, they tell people to pray for good leadership and yet these same crooks connive with and cuddle up to grossly corrupt politicians, they get rich fast on the back off our lack and want, then they promise us heaven after death while the bastards live a heaven on earth.

Nigerians cannot challenge the status quo in the country because they are indoctrinated with religion that tells them to accept the status quo because God will come down from heaven to help them, yet God has given us the brain power, intelligence, and collective might to throw out useless leaders, crooked pastors, and their deluded minions.

To achieve success, our churches and mosques need to let the people Go, the people who are mental slaves to religion, the people who have been hypnotized into stupidity and inaction, people who are blessed and yet cursed, the people made in the image of God and destined for greatness, yet have been stymied by primitive ideas and opinions.

Let my people GO that they may achieve the greatness for which they were created.

Away with religion and its thieving, crooked, lying, diabolical pastors and imams.

Africa wake up, Nigeria wake up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by MJBOLT: 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
zombietian minions and terrorslamic minions are coming for you grin
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
Cc;lalasticlala...this is a very nice thread

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by 2cato: 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lies every day from frosbel

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
2cato:
Lies every day from frosbel

Read the following scripture ;

"Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'How?' 21"He said, 'I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' Then He said, 'You are to entice him and prevail also. Go and do so.' 22"Now, therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of these your prophets, for the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you." - 2 Chronicles 18:20-22

In other words, your pastors and men of god are possessed with the spirit of lying, LIARs all of them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by 2cato: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
frosbel2:

Read the following scripture ;

"Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'How?' 21"He said, 'I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' Then He said, 'You are to entice him and prevail also. Go and do so.' 22"Now, therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of these your prophets, for the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you." - 2 Chronicles 18:20-22

In other words, your pastors and men of god are possessed with the spirit of lying, LIARs all of them!
na you sabi
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Desyner: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
OP:
Is there an alternative to religion ?
What cause the poverty we had before religion ?
Most of our leaders and rich businessmen have no real regard for religion.

Based on the above points, I see a negligible link between poverty and religion.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
2cato:
na you sabi

Good !!!
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by hopefulLandlord: 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
I don't think its caused by religion
religion just makes it worse

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
frosbel2:
The Northern elite have used religion to keep our Northern brothers and sisters in gross poverty. Imagine that some of the richest people in the country are from the North and Northerners have led the country for most of its young history, yet poverty in the North is endemic, visible, oppressive and desperate.

Reason why = RELIGION

In the South we have been exposed to a vast amount of knowledge, we are well traveled and highly educated such that our universities are turning out millions of graduates who end up on the pile of unemployment. We hold strategic positions in government, business, and education, yet our people are languishing in abject poverty.

Reason why = RELIGION

Our politicians use religion to divide us, they use religion to pacify us, they use religion to enter office and hold onto office at all costs, and they use religion as a tool to tear the nation apart, so that while we are preoccupied with fighting wars, Fulani herdsman and other nefarious wicked acts in the land, they are busy stealing the little money that is left, carting billions abroad, covering each others back, with no iota of empathy for the misery of our people and lack of hope amomg our youth.

Religion is the reason why we cannot move forward, it makes us dumb, docile, passive and superstitious. There are millions of churches and mosques all over the land, yet wickedness finds more room for growth and more diabolical ways of expressing itself. Our Pastors are getting richer while the people are getting poorer. They tell the people to pray and hope in God, they tell people to pray for good leadership and yet these same crooks connive with and cuddle up to grossly corrupt politicians, they get rich fast on the back off our lack and want, then they promise us heaven after death while the bastards live a heaven on earth.

Nigerians cannot challenge the status quo in the country because they are indoctrinated with religion that tells them to accept the status quo because God will come down from heaven to help them, yet God has given us the brain power, intelligence, and collective might to throw out useless leaders, crooked pastors, and their deluded minions.

To achieve success, our churches and mosques need to let the people Go, the people who are mental slaves to religion, the people who have been hypnotized into stupidity and inaction, people who are blessed and yet cursed, the people made in the image of God and destined for greatness, yet have been stymied by primitive ideas and opinions.

Let my people GO that they may achieve the greatness for which they were created.

Away with religion and its thieving, crooked, lying, diabolical pastors and imams.

It has not be scientifically proven that religion is the problem of Nigeria. All you wrote are based on assumptions which are invalid except it can be proven otherwise by an authority who had researched in that angle. It is very sweet to write an article but there must be backing ( citations) to whatever knowledge the writer tends to contribute. This makes the article more robust and can stand the test of time

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Aaronsrod: 12:12am On Feb 05, 2018
OP is wrong.

Only the blood of Jesus will save Nigeria. Our faith tithing and prayers have fallen short of what is worthy of the glory of God.

Atheists must be jailed and exiled from this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by suyamasta(m): 12:38am On Feb 05, 2018
I think there is some truth here, when politicians sponsor religious activities with all might and financial muscle they know it will help in their quest ......

“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds .”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by 1Sharon(f): 2:08am On Feb 05, 2018
Aaronsrod:
OP is wrong.

Only the blood of Jesus will save Nigeria. Our faith tithing and prayers have fallen short of what is worthy of the glory of God.

This guy is back grin
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Omudia11: 4:45am On Feb 05, 2018
Rantings of pained atheists. If you check thoroughly you will find that they're even poorer than the religious people.

I wonder why you can't channel all the energy and time you spend trolling Christianity towards more productive ventures.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2018
Omudia11:
Rantings of pained atheists. If you check thoroughly you will find that they're even poorer than the religious people.

I wonder why you can't channel all the energy and time you spend trolling Christianity towards more productive ventures.

Problem is I am not an atheist !

cool

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by DeSepiero(m): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2018
Aaronsrod:
OP is wrong.

grin grin
The blood is taking forever.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by tartar9(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2018
How exactly is it caused by religion?
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by GoodMuyis(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
frosbel2:

Problem is I am not an atheist !

cool

Correct you may not be

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by danvon(m): 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Correct you may not be

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
don't get your point, do the pastorpreneurs work?
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Omoluabi16(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
frosbel2:

What drugs are you on? lay off it man.
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by godisgood200: 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
frosbel2:

Reason why = RELIGION

Reason why = RELIGION

And now that you are irreligious, you have become very rich abi?
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2018
godisgood200:

And now that you are irreligious, you have become very rich abi?

very comfortable and I don't pay the 'TITHE'.
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by godisgood200: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
frosbel2:

very comfortable and I don't pay the 'TITHE'.
Well, good for you. I pay my tithes, first friuts, i give to the beggers on the streets, i take food and money to widows around me, and am still very comfortable. With all am giving out, am still very comfortable. So, you and i wouldis better off?
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 06, 2018
godisgood200:

Well, good for you. I pay my tithes, first friuts, i give to the beggers on the streets, i take food and money to widows around me, and am still very comfortable. With all am giving out, am still very comfortable. So, you and i wouldis better off?

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you"-Matthew 6:4
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 06, 2018
Aaronsrod:
OP is wrong.

Blood of Jesus? Are you a vampire!

1 Like

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by godisgood200: 11:10am On Feb 06, 2018
frosbel2:

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you"-Matthew 6:4
Yes i know that. The point i wanted you to get is that, you don't do any of this and claim you are comfortable, but i do all these and much more, and still very comfortable. The point is, my paying tithe does not make me poor as you claimed.

Get your facts right sir. And, i think you should tell me how Christianity improvishes Nigerians.
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by godisgood200: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2018
frosbel2:

You are quoting from the same book you claim is the reason Nigerians are poor? What is that, Hypocrisy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by godisgood200: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2018
frosbel2:

Blood of Jesus? Are you a vampire!
This guy, pls be serious. Stop being childish.
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by Niflheim(m): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2018
Great post Frosbel!!! Nigerians are forced to give 10% of their salaries to pastors, and then rather than give their members knowledge on entrepreneurship and investments, they tell them to close their eyes and shake their heads violently in the name of prayer(like victims of self-inflicted epilepsy)!!!

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by shadeyinka(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
frosbel2:

Reason why = RELIGION

Reason why = RELIGION

And the solution is extremely simple!

Eliminate religion from the life and fabrics of Nigerians and we shall overnight become Rich and Prosperous!

Think!
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by MuttleyLaff: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
frosbel2:

Reason why = RELIGION

Reason why = RELIGION

Africa wake up, Nigeria wake up

shadeyinka:
And the solution is extremely simple!
The solution is not only extremely simple
but it's as easy as saying A B C

shadeyinka:
Eliminate religion from the life and fabrics of Nigerians and we shall overnight become Rich and Prosperous!
Eliminate false religion,
eliminate religion that God our Father DOESN'T accept as pure and faultless from the life and fabrics of Nigerians
and we shall overnight become Rich and Prosperous

shadeyinka:
Think!
Compassion. Think!
Re: Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion by peacesamuel94(m): 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=frosbel2 post=64776457]The Northern elite have used religion to keep our Northern brothers and sisters in gross poverty. Imagine that some of the richest people in the country are from the North and Northerners have led the country for most of its young history, yet poverty in the North is endemic, visible, oppressive and

Reason why = RELIGION

Reason why = RELIGION

Religion is the reason why we cannot move forward, it makes us dumb, docile, passive and superstitious

So many Hasty and irrelevant generalizations. There are countries that are religious and are not poor, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Dubai, come to mind.

The best private University in Nigeria today is owned by a religious body. This has not only helped in ensuring that thousands get good and quality education, but have gotten countless number of people gainfully employed.

In fact Religion, (Christianity to be precise)served as the tool with which civilisation came to major parts of Nigeria.

Poverty is caused majorly by ignorance and Laziness or slothfulness. and non of these vices have any link to religion.

*He that does not work should not eat*

* A man who cannot provide for his family is worst than an infidel*

*study to show yourself approved, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth.

These statements were curled from the Bible.... "a religious book".

So a true practitioner of what the bible says, cannot end up poor, poverty is the end product of wrong choices and actions exhibited by " an individual", and when we have a collection of these kind of individuals, in the same geographical zone it culminates into a poor nation, and these people should be blamed for the consequences of their wrong choices not religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Warri Billionaire Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Spent Over N100m To Mark Birthday / "unholy Tithes/gifts" Why Are Pastors N Clergymen Accepting It ? / Malawi's New President, Joyce Banda Speaks On TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.