Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

How To Pick Best Performing Stocks In Nigeria Today - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Pick Best Performing Stocks In Nigeria Today (398 Views)

Top Performing Stocks In Nigeria Today - Daily Update / Us Stocks Pick Alert / How To Spot Growth And Value Stocks In The Nigerian Stock Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pick Best Performing Stocks In Nigeria Today by ogedanny: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
How To Pick Best Performing Stocks In Nigeria Today - Learn How I Pick Top Sector Stocks To Buy & Make Money More Trading Shares Online in 2018, and Beyond - 2019, 2020, 2021.

This trading strategy is a continuation of my previous guide on how to know which sector stocks to buy now. In that practical and well thought-out tips, I shared the number one economic indicator to watch before deciding on the sectors to focus on. The reason you must start your trading decision this way is that "the performance of the company you buy into is largely driven by the overall sector trend and government policies". When government decisions favor an industry, it tends to attract more investment from big investors as they channel their funds to companies that will likely receive a boost.

Take, for instance, firms in the building material industry have been grappling with cash flow challenges, rising cost of operation and mounting debt level due to dwindling government revenue that had affected their ability to finance long-term capital projects. If you are an investor looking for sectors to stay away from, this is one of them as the general industry growth may be unimpressive.

But, a rising oil price in the past few months to $60 (above $45 benchmark) provides more revenue for the government to increase her spending on capital projects. From the 2018 budget, the sum of N300 billion was earmarked for road construction and rehabilitation, so expect building materials and cement companies to pick up as abandoned projects will be revisited and more projects awarded. For instance, take Dangote Cement, the company's share (as at when I checked) is already up by 17.39% since the start of the year (2018), Larfage Africa, Northern Nigerian Cement, CAP Nigeria have also gained 17%, 85%, and 14% respectively.

See Full Investing Guide On How To Pick Top Performing Stocks In Nigeria

This is a perfect example of how to uncover stocks that will deliver a great return on your investment; start from the overall macro indicator by following the global Oil market as shared here, then focus on sectors that will benefit from the trend and find great stocks in that sector. This doesn't mean that all stocks in a top sector will perform well, some companies may still lag but your core focus is on buying the biggest winners.

Here are steps I have always follow strictly to find the best-performing stocks in the best sector.

See Full Investing Guide On How To Pick Top Performing Stocks In Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Discover How to make money from online Travel Agency / Everything About Cryptocurrency / Eagles Millionaires Club (earn 15 Million Naira In 6 Months)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.