Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot (62597 Views)

American Military Training Is As Inhuman As That Of Nigerian Army- Pictures / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by akigbemaru: 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
Angelanest:
Here are more pictures of Dauda Musa Umar popularly known as ‘Major Dagger’ at the Nigerian army training ground (Depot) in Zaria, Kaduna state. The strict instructor who is known for his ‘no-nonsense’ methods which he uses on cadets at the army training school - shared pictures of him drilling prospective army recruits.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/major-dagger-shares-photos-drilling-students-nigerian-army-depot.html
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by ibkayee(f): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
TeekayCarter:

hmm share your thoughts.... you want to join the army?
Lol sure
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by justtruth88miSt(f): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
nothing like civilization in army.... i m soldier!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by ibkayee(f): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
Odunharry:

LOL. They need you in the Military
cheesy
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by osidion2020(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
Crawling over pointy rocks and coral on bare chest, taiwan marines...

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by tutudesz: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You're right. Nigeria military vs civilian issue is lack of leadership and being allowed to roam around with civilians. Their job is external, not internal. Though they do swear to uphold the constitution which requires them to defend the country against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

No I disagree with you on this! Nigeria military personnel are treated like animal by government.
Lack of accommodation, lack of health Care, corruption by senior officials and so many things.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by DriveByKiller: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
Angelanest:
Here are more pictures of Dauda Musa Umar popularly known as ‘Major Dagger’ at the Nigerian army training ground (Depot) in Zaria, Kaduna state. The strict instructor who is known for his ‘no-nonsense’ methods which he uses on cadets at the army training school - shared pictures of him drilling prospective army recruits.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/major-dagger-shares-photos-drilling-students-nigerian-army-depot.html
another cheap, undisciplined, egoistic, unprofessional looney in the army taking army business onto social media for a short-lived spell of fame.

Cheap publicity for cheap fame. Nigeria soldiers and discipline are never in accord.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
priceaction:

Its more terrible in many advanced countries too.
But those in advance countries don't behave like animals.
Nigeria army are not Discipline.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
tutudesz:

No I disagree with you on this! Nigeria military personnel are treated like animal by government.
Lack of accommodation, lack of health Care, corruption by senior officials and so many things.

I rest my case wink
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by mvem(m): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
lastempero:
Nigerian army thinks that warfare is about ruggedness and swimming in potopoto,they fail to develop them on intelligence gathering and modern warfare techniques.
....get sense...this is not DSS or CiA...this is bootcamp, basic infantry training applicable to every country......u guyz sometimes type not making sense stuff

1 Like

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by osidion2020(m): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
Angelanest:

Cinder blocks are hammered on their stomachs- Russia

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Odunharry(m): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
ibkayee:
cheesy
Apply fast biko. We need more of you.

2 Likes

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by tutudesz: 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I rest my case wink
some soldiers are just frustrated with the way things are in the military and they deal with the frustration the wrong way.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
gurunlocker:

Go and check US NAVY SEAL training, you will know this is nothing...
But US Navy Seal don't behave like animals.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Caleycash(m): 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
meezynetwork:
Na wa. Na so advance countries dey train their own military?
you don't know anything about military!
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by oglalasioux(m): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
MasViews:
And some people will still apply for this even after seeing this humiliation.

Do you know the meaning of humiliation? Soldiers are training for endurance under different conditions and you are here spewing ignorance.

Sissy!

2 Likes

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
osidion2020:
Cinder blocks are hammered on their stomachs- Russia
That's not training o.

1 Like

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by tutudesz: 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
charliboy654:
But US Navy Seal don't behave like animals.
Do Navy Seal relate with civilians?
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Read my post carefully again. I never wrote that I was showing pictures of "United States Navy seal BUD/S or Seal Qualification Training". What I promised was "I'll link you to a video of what US Seals go through." I haven't done that yet but have posted pictures of mixed brancges.

I have a Niece that's in the US Army Reserve and a Nephew that's a retired US Marine. I know US military and need no Nairalander education on that.

Thanks.
Oh, I see. In clear context, I quite understand what your earlier intention was. However, there's a huge difference between the training USMC and Navy Seals go through. No disrespect to your relations who have served in the Marine or Army. You can't compare boot camp to BUD/S training. The training scheme, endurance level, washout rate and what not are very disparate. So, to be succinct here, You should have simply said - I will link you to a video of what US marine corps or US Army go through. Not putting up a video of USMC to depict what Navy Seals go through.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
tutudesz:

No they remain in the sea all their lives, them nor dey come land at all. It's a taboo sef. Be asking silly question.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
dame134:

Oh, I see. In clear context, I quite understand what your earlier intention was. However, there's a huge difference between the training USMC and Navy Seals go through. No disrespect to your relations who have served in the Marine or Army. You can't compare boot camp to BUD/S training. The training scheme, endurance level, washout rate and what not are very disparate. So, to be succinct here, You should have simply said - I will link you to a video of what US marine corps or US Army go through. Not putting up a video of USMC to depict what Navy Seals go through.

I wrote what I wrote, you can disagree.

Nothing is wrong with what I wrote and it stays. I'm only responsible for what I write, not responsible for your comprehension.

Again, I don't need a Nairalander lecture on US military.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
jrusky:

You called training humiliation? Definitely you must be a lazy man. Army career is for the tough guys not for a lazy man.

Pls that is not humiliation it's called training, millitary job is not bread and butter job the toughness in you must be dig out.

Good luck guys it's just for a while when you finish your training you get relax a bit so bear it up and keep your head high.

I went through near similar training so it's no big deal.

Kudos boys.

If this is what you called training then I'm proud to be a Lazy guy.

Kudos to dem!

3 Likes

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by tutudesz: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
charliboy654:

No they remain in the sea all their lives, them nor dey come land at all. It's a taboo sef. Be asking silly question.
Stop showing your foolishness online! Navy Seals are on deployment 9 month in a year and do they go around with a tag say am a Seals?
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
tutudesz:

Navy Seals do relate with civilians, both foreign and domestic (of course).

Here's what they or any other US military branch do not do.

They don't mount traffic checkpoints in civilians areas (unless a really dire situation like an emergency and the National Guards are called out), they don't mingle with civilians as military personnel.

We have huge military bases here in the US and the military do not really need to do anything with the public.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I wrote what I wrote, you can disagree.

Nothing is wrong with what I wrote and it stays. I'm only responsible for what I write, not responsible for your comprehension.

Again, I don't need a Nairalander lecture on US military.

Okay Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Hafeezcodex1(m): 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
nice one, i like it..

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
tutudesz:

Stop showing your foolishness online! Navy Seals are on deployment 9 month in a year and do they go around with a tag say am a Seals?
The fact that an army or a navy doesn't walk around with is tag or uniform doesn't stop him from being a navy or an army. The remaining three months they are at home who do they relate to?
Nigeria army behaves like animals whether they are on or off duty. Which is very wrong.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by tutudesz: 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Navy Seals do relate with civilians, both foreign and domestic (of course).

Here's what they or any other US military branch do not do.

They don't mount traffic checkpoints in civilians areas (unless a really dire situation like an emergency and the National Guards are called out), they don't mingle with civilians as military personnel.

We have huge military bases here in the US and the military do not really need to do anything with the public.
The military base is not a enough for Nigeria military personnel here and they are been mis-used by the government to fill in the gap of the lack of enough police men
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by Softhands(m): 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
That's how these trainings are world over... biko shelve your ignorance.
ogtavia:
very very true..
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by lastempero: 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
mvem:
....get sense...this is not DSS or CiA...this is bootcamp, basic infantry training applicable to every country......u guyz sometimes type not making sense stuff

Mumu iam not responsible for ur frustrated life,next time if u must quote me plz accord me some respect. I know u have no dignity left in u.
Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by tutudesz: 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
charliboy654:

The fact that an army or a navy doesn't walk around with is tag or uniform doesn't stop him from being a navy or an army. The remaining three months they are at home who do they relate to?
Nigeria army behaves like animals whether they are on or off duty. Which is very wrong.
Nigerians should stop blaming the military for doing the job of policemen and blame the government who refuse to employ more policemen.

1 Like

Re: 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot by shadeyinka(m): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
greatermax77:
What baffles me much in this country is, our military & Police were trained like animals & we still expect them to respect us & behave in a civilized manner, after uncivilized training.

Its the nature of the military all over the world. They first need to break you and your will to say no to an order before developing desired aspects in you.

In other words, they know that in combat, you might have to hide yourself under decomposing corpse or hide inside a sewage tank for three days just to escape with your life.

Its called knocking out the Sissy in the man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria / Banke, Lady Uses Recycled Tyres To Build Furniture (Photos) / I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.