Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Adapting To Different Timezone? Flying To Thailand - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adapting To Different Timezone? Flying To Thailand (402 Views)

Going To Thailand For Vacation / Documents Needed To Travel To Thailand: / If You’re Flying To The U.S, Be Prepared For Delays, New Security Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adapting To Different Timezone? Flying To Thailand by owen39: 12:45am On Feb 05, 2018
I’m going to Thailand to accompany my brother who’s attending a romance singles tours this April. For most of the trip, I’ll be on my own, so I need to be on my best condition the whole trip. My problem really with travelling to Asian countries is the difference in time.
My brother and I are both staying for less than two weeks. It’s just a short time but I still need to adjust with the hours somehow. What can I do to easily adapt to the changes? I don’t want to spend my whole time in Thailand sleeping. I need some advice.
Speaking of advice, I also need some suggestions on where to spend time in the city. I’m not yet sure where we’ll be staying, so I need all suggestions I could get. What food should I try? Where do I get souvenirs? I’d really appreciate some answers to these. Thanks ahead.
Re: Adapting To Different Timezone? Flying To Thailand by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 05, 2018
I think that you're overthinking it.

The adrenaline of being in a new place should keep you up.

Or you can change your body time to the local time there now. Set your time to the new time zone, sleep and wake up based on that time. But not really necessary.

Watch out for the Ladyboys in Bangkok, except if that's your sort of thing which nothing is wrong with grin
Re: Adapting To Different Timezone? Flying To Thailand by sholajigga(m): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2018
LMAO!

EgunMogaji:
I think that you're overthinking it.

The adrenaline of being in a new place should keep you up.

Or you can change your body time to the local time there now. Set your time to the new time zone, sleep and wake up based on that time. But not really necessary.

Watch out for the Ladyboys in Bangkok, except if that's your sort of thing which nothing is wrong with grin

1 Like

Re: Adapting To Different Timezone? Flying To Thailand by sholajigga(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2018
10 Ways to Spot a Ladyboy.

Too Tall: Generally Thai girls are not very tall, but almost all katoeys are taller than average, with heights of 180cm not being unusual.

Too Feminine: Look at the way she uses make up, the way she walks and moves her arms or hands, especially over-enthusiastic hair flicking - as if she is walking on a constant catwalk.

Overacts and Overreacts a lot: Way more than necessary, often loudly in a high-pitched, exaggerated voice. It gets even worse when she's annoyed or upset, so we strongly advise against starting an argument!

Exaggerated feminine shape: This again is not an absolute rule but too big and often provocative is a good indicator. No Bra! This is always interesting - In Thailand, girls always wear a bra! If she doesn't, especially when combined with points 1 and 4, you are probably talking to a katoey. Obviously, this usually won't apply to those working in shopping malls, etc.

The Voice: In the majority of the cases, voices - even trained voices - are still what gives many katoeys away. The pitch might be higher than men's voices but it somehow sounds odd.

Adam's Apple: This is a tricky one as Adam's Apples can be surgically removed.

The Dress Code: Just like the overacting, the way a ladyboy dresses is usually a lot more flamboyantly than most girls, demonstrating the supreme self-confidence which katoeys often have.

The Elbows: One of the most unclear indicators, supposedly men's elbows are more square than a girl's.

The Final Check: The ID card - no matter how feminine you are or if you use the ladies bathroom, even after a sex reassignment surgery, your ID will still show your birth gender.

(1) (Reply)

Returnee Youtube Videos / U.S. Visa Applicants To Be Asked For Social Media History - State Department / Lady Rolls On The Floor To Thank God After She & Her 3 Kids Survived An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.