Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,555 members, 7,958,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans (402 Views)

#covid-19: Hrm Babatunde Sonola Of Makogi Kingdom Distributes Food Items / Get Audition Notices And Build A Successful Acting Career / Notices To The Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans by gimmehear(f): 4:47am On Feb 05, 2018
Israeli authorities have begun distributing deportation notices to thousands of African migrants.

In letters delivered Sunday, Israel says the migrants have 60 days to accept the offer to leave the country for an unnamed African destination in exchange for $3,500 and a plane ticket. Those who don’t by Apr. 1 will be incarcerated indefinitely.

Some 40,000 migrants, nearly all from Eritrea and Sudan, fled danger for the safety and opportunities of Israel in recent years. Many have expressed fear of being sent to Rwanda, their likely destination.

The deportation plan has sparked outrage in Israel, where groups of pilots, doctors, writers, rabbis and Holocaust survivors have appealed to have it halted. They say the deportations are unethical and would damage Israel’s image as a refuge for Jewish migrants.
If you ask me what is my stand on this, I feel Africans should have the right to stay anywhere in the world without being disturbed or physiologically abused like an homeless bring without root, but on the second thought, I believe every government wants the best for its citizens so Nigerians out there should find their way back to their country where no other will have the guts to send them packing.
What do you think?
http://gimmehear.com/israel-notices-deportation-letters-africans/
Lalasticlala
Re: Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans by Luminee(f): 4:54am On Feb 05, 2018
Comment de later
Re: Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans by Nobody: 4:58am On Feb 05, 2018
I don't know why anyone would run to that suspicious country

1 Like

Re: Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Muafrika2:
is Nigeria better?
Re: Israel Distributes Notices Of Deportation Letters To Africans by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 06, 2018
Muafrika2:
I also think the same

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Facebook User Took To The Street To Give To The Needy / Keep Pressing On. / Feyrep Ambassadors Is Amplifying The Good Works Of Martha Udom – Deaconess Ekong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.