Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java (3782 Views)

Urgently Required: Programmer With Strong HTML, CSS And JAVA Background / Contract Job For Swift And Java Developer - You Can Work From Anywhere / If You Are To Advice Between Python And Java, Which Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2018
please i need help to save a captured fingerprint on java to sql database its my project and defense is Thursday.
am using u are u sdk please help please am stranded. if there are other means please let me know
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by raymod170(m): 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
1. create a field in your database table name it fingerprint or whatever
2.the property of that field should be in blob(Binary Large OBject)
3.on your IDE create a function call it savefingerprint
4. write a few lines of code that converts the image to byte array
5. then once you have achieved that you write an sql statement that saves to the database field it's that simple mind you it's saving the image as an array.
6.if you have more questions ask here or make stack overflow your bestfriend as well

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2018
blessedemperor:
please i need help to save a captured fingerprint on java to sql database its my project and defense is Thursday.
am using u are u sdk please help please am stranded. if there are other means please let me know
In what format do you have the finger print ? If in image (jpg, jpeg, png, gif) format follow what the above guy said. If you are stuck, let's know.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 6:13am On Feb 06, 2018
Desyner:
In what format do you have the finger print ? If in image (jpg, jpeg, png, gif) format follow what the above guy said. If you are stuck, let's know.
thank you sir

i am saving it to later call it for verification, i am pretty new to java. in fact i dont know to code in java but my supervisor insisted i use java. please if i save it as image will i be able to verify it
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 6:15am On Feb 06, 2018
raymod170:
1. create a field in your database table name it fingerprint or whatever
2.the property of that field should be in blob(Binary Large OBject)
3.on your IDE create a function call it savefingerprint
4. write a few lines of code that converts the image to byte array
5. then once you have achieved that you write an sql statement that saves to the database field it's that simple mind you it's saving the image as an array.
6.if you have more questions ask here or make stack overflow your bestfriend as well

thank sir, please if i save as image will i be able to call it for verification?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Jenifa123: 8:33am On Feb 06, 2018
blessedemperor:

thank sir, please if i save as image will i be able to call it for verification?
It is difficult but it's possible to verify it if it's saved as an image
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 10:00am On Feb 06, 2018
blessedemperor:

thank you sir

i am saving it to later call it for verification, i am pretty new to java. in fact i dont know to code in java but my supervisor insisted i use java. please if i save it as image will i be able to verify it
In what format do you have it, for example some files are mp4 or mp3 cos the end with .mp4 and .mp3 respectively. What do you save it as ? Is it .jpeg, .jpg, .png, or .gif. I need to know that or describe it in details.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by raymod170(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2018
blessedemperor:

This is technical but your api provided by the fingerprint scanner you using should be able to provide a solution for you

but wait a minute you didn't ask the right questions at all you saving an image and verifying that image Is different from just saving and reading the image

you have to work with a template which is created and stored on the system as well which would be used to verify the already stored image after you must have converted back from byte array to the actual image itself

are you saving any other fields like name, sex or phone number make one of them a unique key and then use it to save the template created after saving to the database

during verification what happens is the image which you saved should be created to a template and used to match the initial created template of the user which you saved on your system using a unique identifier if the two matches then it's valid else it's not

but this isn't a walk in the park you must use the api provided by the fingerprint scanner as well

and try and improve on your Java as well

besides what have written if not rubbish as its best

lol

best regards
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
raymod170:

This is technical but your api provided by the fingerprint scanner you using should be able to provide a solution for you

but wait a minute you didn't ask the right questions at all you saving an image and verifying that image Is different from just saving and reading the image

you have to work with a template which is created and stored on the system as well which would be used to verify the already stored image after you must have converted back from byte array to the actual image itself

are you saving any other fields like name, sex or phone number make one of them a unique key and then use it to save the template created after saving to the database

during verification what happens is the image which you saved should be created to a template and used to match the initial created template of the user which you saved on your system using a unique identifier if the two matches then it's valid else it's not

but this isn't a walk in the park you must use the api provided by the fingerprint scanner as well

and try and improve on your Java as well

besides what have written if not rubbish as its best

lol

best regards

I got a code to capture the fingerprint and the display it on a jlabel. Then from there I don't know what next to do that's why I am serious running around for help. And there are limited resources online. Meanwhile I have never written a block of code in java. So I can't even tell which part got the template and send it to the jlabel. I have other fields and saving and registration number is the primary key
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Desyner:

In what format do you have it, for example some files are mp4 or mp3 cos the end with .mp4 and .mp3 respectively. What do you save it as ? Is it .jpeg, .jpg, .png, or .gif. I need to know that or describe it in details.

The image or template is captured from u are u 4500 and displayed on jlabel.
Thank you
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Jenifa123:

It is difficult but it's possible to verify it if it's saved as an image

OK please what do u suggest I do
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
blessedemperor:

Thank you
if I get u right, you have it displayed on ur screen in a software called 'u-are-u-4500' and you want to save it to a database directly ?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by raymod170(m): 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
blessedemperor:

I got a code to capture the fingerprint and the display it on a jlabel. Then from there I don't know what next to do that's why I am serious running around for help. And there are limited resources online. Meanwhile I have never written a block of code in java. So I can't even tell which part got the template and send it to the jlabel. I have other fields and saving and registration number is the primary key

Dude am one thousand miles from you and am still running away..... your reply just got me confused on all levels are you saying you haven't written any code as well then how do you even want someone to help you when you don't know how to implement those simple guide I mentioned before

I will advise you outsource the project and learn from the person you outsource to that way you learn better and faster than this

remember you have limited time as well

best regards
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by elninosft(m): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Call me on 09060488908.. I'm a freelance developer. Will give you an alternative way of solving your problem. Drop a text message if I don't answer so I can call u back
blessedemperor:
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
blessedemperor:

Thank you
i missed the bold before. Since you say the image is on a jlabel, sample the code that created the jlabel object lets see.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
Desyner:
if I get u right, you have it displayed on ur screen in a software called 'u-are-u-4500' and you want to save it to a database directly ?

Yes sir
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
raymod170:

Dude am one thousand miles from you and am still running away..... your reply just got me confused on all levels are you saying you haven't written any code as well then how do you even want someone to help you when you don't know how to implement those simple guide I mentioned before

I will advise you outsource the project and learn from the person you outsource to that way you learn better and faster than this

remember you have limited time as well

best regards

I have tried to outsource but can't get who will help please if you know who can, can you please recommend?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
blessedemperor:

Yes sir
I am stuck in helping you as i am not familiar with the u-are-u software. If you can save the images to a file save it.
Also you may want to describe the u-are-u app lets see what it does and how. If the u-are-u doesn't support saving the finger-prints to file then it is extremely hard or impossible to imagine solutions here.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
blessedemperor:

Yes sir
I saw your post on StackOverflow. Can you describe how this u-are-u works. If possible sample screenshots.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by israelboy1(m): 5:36am On Feb 10, 2018
I have worked on this before...as well as the authentication part.

What's the challenge you are still facing
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
blessedemperor:

Yes sir
israelboy1:
I have worked on this before...as well as the authentication part.

What's the challenge you are still facing
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by TisteAndii: 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
blessedemperor:

I have tried to outsource but can't get who will help please if you know who can, can you please recommend?

I'm am embedded C engineer, with loads of experience with modules like this, fingerprint template extraction and storage included. Contact me to discuss details.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by hontimmy(m): 9:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
blessedemperor:

have done such before, Attendance System With Biometrics Verification in Java, buzz me 08119163082
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by CodeTemplar: 12:33am On Feb 14, 2018
blessedemperor:

Seem you finally found a helper.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by demolinton4comi: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
I don't knw why we Nigerians behave like this.... Somebody will need help u will be dropping phone number to reach u privately please it very important for others to learn........ My advice is for you to check the documentation of the u and u 4500 you will see how to convert the fingerprint to byte then u can insert the byte into sql database. OR u can further more by converting the byte to long text (string) the u can insert the string to sql
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
demolinton4comi:
I don't knw why we Nigerians behave like this.... Somebody will need help u will be dropping phone number to reach u privately please it very important for others to learn........ My advice is for you to check the documentation of the u and u 4500 you will see how to convert the fingerprint to byte then u can insert the byte into sql database. OR u can further more by converting the byte to long text (string) the u can insert the string to sql
I was expecting the guy to sample the doc or his project so i can extract the byte[] for him and point the rest out to him but . . .
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by blessedemperor(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2018
Desyner:
I was expecting the guy to sample the doc or his project so i can extract the byte[] for him and point the rest out to him but . . .

But what sir?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by micodon(m): 5:34am On Jun 12, 2018
never save blobs on your rdbms. save the fingerprint image somehwere on disk and save the filepath in a column in the user table on the db for reference
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 1:01am On Jun 16, 2018
blessedemperor:

But what sir?
u haven't sampled enough info yet . . . it has been a long time now, are u still on it ?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by Desyner: 1:02am On Jun 16, 2018
micodon:
never save blobs on your rdbms. save the fingerprint image somehwere on disk and save the filepath in a column in the user table on the db for reference
Why
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by raymod170(m): 7:44am On Jun 16, 2018
micodon:

kindly explain why you made such suggestions.However I save all my images to my databases cos its easier when working on complex systems that can be accessed remotely so as to avoid runtime errors.... I must admit when I started out programming saving to a folder was one of my major codes achievements lol � but to be honest as a software gets more and more complicated you have to upgrade your algorithms to match such software's to avoid issues overtime which may occur most especially handling images, data structures and runtime errors

best regards.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java by micodon(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
raymod170:

kindly explain why you made such suggestions.However I save all my images to my databases cos its easier when working on complex systems that can be accessed remotely so as to avoid runtime errors.... I must admit when I started out programming saving to a folder was one of my major codes achievements lol � but to be honest as a software gets more and more complicated you have to upgrade your algorithms to match such software's to avoid issues overtime which may occur most especially handling images, data structures and runtime errors

best regards.

speed and efficiency.
how long does it take to save the blob? how long does it take to retrieve it?

database size
lets say you have 500 users having 50pics each, measuring 1mb per pic. how much memory space can you afford for compression and decompression concurrently?

database intergrity.
can you index pics? a corrupt blob could easily corrupt the entire table/db

distributed systems
imagine you have to scale your database to mtiple servers, do u want to have multiple blobs of thr same pic on the different servers when you could easily store the image on one server and reference it via its path stored as a varchar on the dbs?

its generally considered bad practise to store images on the db. use the filesystem. thats why there are cdns. you cant imagine facebook or google storing pics on the db.

(1) (Reply)

Google Interview Question: How Would You Explain Database To A 5-year Old Child? / Shouldn't There Be A "software Engineering" Section In Nairaland Forums? / Python For Mobile Apps Development???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.