Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Why Many Fail As A Musician/artiste - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Why Many Fail As A Musician/artiste (429 Views)

Young Music Artiste, We Are Here For You / Naira Marley Is The Biggest Nigerian Artiste” – Rapper Ycee Points Out. / Video: “don't Call Me Rapper, Call Me A Musician” - Phyno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Fail As A Musician/artiste by Franzee(m): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
I must tell you all the journey is not easy and to every upcoming artiste out there i just hope you listen and read every bit of this article.

*Firstly I would may my self clear
As an Artiste you must face trails.....Maybe Insufficient Fund, Your Parent,School and Peers. Its a must that's why its a talent it grows . Don't listen to any fella that blame you for not making it.Every thing goes bit by bit.
Let Me tell you one thing with Upcoming artiste 'They are desperate'. This pulls to the fact why many people want to dupe you guys. I know as much as many producers who just to produce a song and he called 100k just because his sounds were unique and you want the best for your track so you can blow.
For this problem i would advice you to follow a musician (might be an upcoming) as far as he entered the game before you to every studio he goes and every bar & Performance he goes. Let him be your God Father. Even in Drug Business we have God Father's, Don't see it as this is the first as well as Music industry.
The disadvantage is he would not care about your career and will not want you to go farther than him. I get this You have to do the gum body for a while highest just 3 Month after that you cut_off and chase your dreams. I warn you,Don't just hop into music like its a car. Let it be your dream and your dream needs wisdom to make it.

*This is the most reason why artiste fail. Money.....Lets get this straight, You have nothing to show for as a musician until you get into the studio and drop a bomb.Now you think its cash that's holding you from releasing the video and promoting its true that you want the best but the fact is you are not determined to success. You Have to know this Music Is a Businesses. You have to Invest to earn as a matter of fact You have to get a Job. You must get a job. No matter if its G or sales girl or sales boy a studio errand boy. If a record deal comes to you as broke as you are bet me its a wack deal that you would part off after One Year.And you would sign it out of Frustration. You Have to save just as you did for the audio also save for the video and the rest.....make sure you find somewhere to be raising cash

*Convince People to believe in you not your fellow artiste.....Many make this mistake....People who believe in you can earn you a record deal but artiste who do believe in you would over shadow the light,Only the Good ones would help you...Listen to the advice of friends before the release of any track . If possible give them allowance to correct your music and even write it for you .....Be a Baller even thou the cash aint there .Always have lovers of music at your side.

*Music Promotion i tired of typing but i wanna lay emphasis on this before i leave many people are scamming upcoming all in the name of music promotion. I have browse and made research and have seen many music promotion companies that are not genuine just as Naijartiste, GidiPromo and so on. I would not advice you to promote your song on these companies just to a matter of fact that they are not competent for your track promotion. They are after your money once you pay that's the end . Just like i said i found a competent music promotion company unlike the rest after your cash/money.
Its 4Box Media Management .Why i say they are competent is

1) Free Music Promotion
2)They accept any budget for music promotion for as low as 5k
3)They listen to your music and also give you a Fan base
4) They submit you report of how many downloads,Video of your music played in club & Radio Stations play
5) They do the negotiations with different top bloggers and DJ
Visit their website www.4BoxMedia.com
Thank you Nairalanders ,
Don't give up on your dreams at time the going gets tough
follow me on Instagram for more tips @Alli zee

(1) (Reply)

Emo Grae Feat Zinoleesky - How Come / How To Choose The Right Producer For Your Songs - Written By Amechi Okoli / Space For Make Up Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.