Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin (741 Views)

UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) / NANS Threatens Massive Protest Over Insecurity In Abia, Endless Strike (Video) / ASUU Strike: NANS Threatens To Shutdown Nigeria In 21 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin by CuteEmma(f): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
The National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS), after their meeting held this morning, has resolved to 'Shut Down' academic activities in University of Benin for 3 days due to the rustication of some SUG Excos by the Senate last week.

NANS DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN UNIVERSITY OF BENIN
Greatest Nigeria students’ GREAT!!!

Sequel to the emergency meeting held this morning at the synagogue of Aluta and the temple of all comrades, June I2 building, University of Benin.

Having exhausted all factors of peaceful approach to the current issues of Nigeria students' rustication in University of Benin, we have resolved unanimously in tandem with the spirit that greeted the out come of our meeting, we hereby declare a total shut down of academic activities for three days; with effect from tomorrow 5th day of February to the 8th day of the same month 2018.

We shall embark on a SIT AT HOME NO LECTURE REVOLUTION pending the reversal of the unholy, draconian and eccentric decision by the school authority, though in a learning community..
We can never succumb to victimization and intimidation...
Enough is Enough!!!

ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ASCERTA

4 months wasted already... Just when we thought our beautiful vacation had ended..

Re: NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2018
They disrupted our classes today after promising they weren't going on any protest. When they're done with theirs, the school authority will continue from where they stopped till further notice, and when it's called off; things will still be in a state of status quo.
Re: NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin by NeeKlaus: 7:14pm On Feb 05, 2018
kimbraa:
They disrupted our classes today after promising they weren't going on any protest. When they're done with theirs, the school authority will continue from where they stopped till further notice, and when it's called off; things will still be in a state of status quo.
Lol. They were even more violent in my Faculty. It was like a "Leave these classrooms by force" kinda situation.

I wonder when they will realize that protest action isn't really the solution.
Re: NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
NeeKlaus:

Lol. They were even more violent in my Faculty. It was like a "Leave these classrooms by force" kinda situation.

I wonder when they will realize that protest action isn't really the solution.
I see it as a waste of time 'cause the school's decision can't be easily influenced. Again, their motive seem selfish. Semester just began, people are yet to stabilise then this.
Re: NANS Threatens To Shutdown University Of Benin by Sleekydee(m): 8:50am On Feb 06, 2018
ekosodin boys go just dey happy

(1) (Reply)

University Of LAGOS/ UNILAG / 2018/2019 Post UTME Registration Detail / Environmental Health In Nigeria , Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow By Sani Garba / Nigeria Defeats USA To Qualify For Final Of International Debate Competition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.