Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million (2433 Views)

Front Desk Officer Is Urgently Needed In An ICT Firm / What ICT Course Should A Business Mgt. Graduate Go For? / Call Centre Executives Recrutment In An ICT And Internet Service Provider Compan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
Several times I have written about lucrative courses that can make you rich in Nigeria, and Information Technology has always topped my list. Just yesterday I got an Email from an excited reader, and I am about to share now. Remember to pursue your passion with diligence.

Here is the story I got in my mailbox from a reader called "Peter"

“Some few years back I graduated from the university with a degree in Mass Comm. Sincerely I wanted to be a broadcaster or even a presenter at most. I finished serving and did all I could do to make myself stand out in camp. I participated in several things while in camp, and I continued getting recommendations from people.

I thought the recommendations were great, till I finished serving and was faced with the Nigerian job market. At first, I thought it was my CV that was stopping me from getting a job. I did all I could about it, and even employed the services of a CV writer. He did his best, and it actually got me a job.

I started to work as a radio presenter in one of the radio stations in Lagos with a salary that wasn’t enough to buy me a new phone. I came across Nairaland, and enquired what the owner does, I was told he was a programmer, and I decided to learn what he learnt and create my own forum (maybe I might become rich like him).

I started searching for articles on how to become a programmer. I knew I was trying to imitate someone else, but it was just a risk I was willing to take. If I fail, I fail but if I succeed then it is good news. I started out my process by registering in an IT firm based on your recommendation (it was difficult due to financial constraints, but I had to endure). Working during the week, and studying during weekends were hell because no time to rest.

I concluded my training after 8 weeks, did intensive practical and internship the training school helped me secure. After 6 months of all these, I resigned from my job and secured a job with an ICT firm. My pay was increased greatly, and I immediately upgraded my laptop and bought a new phone (it was actually necessary for my job).

I continued learning and went deeper into App development, and I continued doing what I loved doing. I developed some applications that are currently in use, and I kept developing.

Here comes the good news!! In one of the seminars I attended an event at Eko hotels in Lagos state, I discussed with a man about an idea I had. I never knew he works for a major bank in Nigeria. He gave me his number and asked me to call him.

I went to his office on Tuesday, and we discussed the project. It took a while – proposals upon proposals just to convince them. I made a presentation to their management, and luckily I was accepted after negotiations were reached. I will be deploying the solution in a few months.

The amount is mind-blowing, but I will be working with a team of other experts.

I would have still been working as a presenter in the radio station with lots of fans all over Nigeria on Instagram and Twitter. But I knew I wanted money and not social media fans. This is just an encouragement piece for those who are about to give up. Programming is the main deal, but I also encourage you to follow your passion.

If I can do it, YES YOU CAN.

Please share with your readers.

Yours sincerely

Peter.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2018
All it takes is to follow your dreams with passion, and the sky will be your limit

You can see more information on the blog.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/how-learning-programming-me-me-rich/

lalasticlala... if this doesn't motivate you, what will? smiley
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Donald3d(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
All it takes is to follow your dreams with passion, and the sky will be your limit starting point

Corrected , nice one .
Programming makes you a demi god , you can create anything .You just have to think !

2 Likes

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
Donald3d:

Corrected , nice one .
Programming makes you a demi god , you can create anything .You just have to think !

Most people don't know. cheesy. Sometimes I just conceive an idea, I discuss it with programmers and I have it as at when due.

Imagine you can create something that would solve the problems of people with ease, you know how much money we are talking?

Nice Nice!!!
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by tessygirl(f): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bush again. I love programming, but I just don't have the time to think and start writing codes. When will I have the time for my make up? lol angry
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Fela40: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
Oya programmers, come and masturbate all over the post. cheesy. Nice and inspirational story tho. Lalasticalal come and see snake shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Rapmaestro(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
I am so inspired by this story.. I was currently faced with something similar to his previous plight but I think I wanna delve into IT sector and try my hands on something new..

2 Likes

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by obajoey(m): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
I want to learn programming.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by sunbbo(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nice one.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
obajoey:
I want to learn programming.

You can't learn on Nairaland. Either you self-study, or you find a suitable school, where you will have a mentor to guide you.

Either ways, you can always check out the steps to take if you intend to start a career in Information Technology as a novice..

Further questions, you can post them here and get answers from other experts.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Donald3d(m): 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
Fela40:
Oya programmers, come and masturbate all over the post. cheesy. Nice and inspirational story tho. Lalasticalal come and see snake shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin We dey here , before you come sef
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by goldenceo1: 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
fela40 and tessygirl must be here to do what they know are to do best.
Marketing guru's
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Oyedey4u(m): 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

You can't learn on Nairaland. Either you self-study, or you find a suitable school, where you will have a mentor to guide you.

Either ways, you can always check out the steps to take if you intend to start a career in Information Technology as a novice..

The story above is very good news.

If you want to commit to Self-Study on IT or Business skills and every other things,

I have an unlimited organizational login to Lynda.com for any of the courses you are interested in.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by obajoey(m): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
Thanks. I am interested in these ones
Programming
Web Design/Development
Mobile Application Development
I will work on self-study, and if I could get a school that is not expensive, I would consider it as well.

BiafranBushBoy:

You can't learn on Nairaland. Either you self-study or you find a suitable school, where you will have a mentor to guide you.

Either way, you can always check out the steps to take if you intend to start a career in Information Technology as a novice..

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by kingsleyugo41(m): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Several times I have written about lucrative courses that can make you rich in Nigeria, and Information Technology has always topped my list. Just yesterday I got an Email from an excited reader, and I am about to share now. Remember to pursue your passion with diligence.

Here is the story I got in my mailbox from a reader called "Peter"

“Some few years back I graduated from the university with a degree in Mass Comm. Sincerely I wanted to be a broadcaster or even a presenter at most. I finished serving and did all I could do to make myself stand out in camp. I participated in several things while in camp, and I continued getting recommendations from people.

I thought the recommendations were great, till I finished serving and was faced with the Nigerian job market. At first, I thought it was my CV that was stopping me from getting a job. I did all I could about it, and even employed the services of a CV writer. He did his best, and it actually got me a job.

I started to work as a radio presenter in one of the radio stations in Lagos with a salary that wasn’t enough to buy me a new phone. I came across Nairaland, and enquired what the owner does, I was told he was a programmer, and I decided to learn what he learnt and create my own forum (maybe I might become rich like him).

I started searching for articles on how to become a programmer. I knew I was trying to imitate someone else, but it was just a risk I was willing to take. If I fail, I fail but if I succeed then it is good news. I started out my process by registering in an IT firm based on your recommendation (it was difficult due to financial constraints, but I had to endure). Working during the week, and studying during weekends were hell because no time to rest.

I concluded my training after 8 weeks, did intensive practical and internship the training school helped me secure. After 6 months of all these, I resigned from my job and secured a job with an ICT firm. My pay was increased greatly, and I immediately upgraded my laptop and bought a new phone (it was actually necessary for my job).

I continued learning and went deeper into App development, and I continued doing what I loved doing. I developed some applications that are currently in use, and I kept developing.

Here comes the good news!! In one of the seminars I attended an event at Eko hotels in Lagos state, I discussed with a man about an idea I had. I never knew he works for a major bank in Nigeria. He gave me his number and asked me to call him.

I went to his office on Tuesday, and we discussed the project. It took a while – proposals upon proposals just to convince them. I made a presentation to their management, and luckily I was accepted after negotiations were reached. I will be deploying the solution in a few months.

The amount is mind-blowing, but I will be working with a team of other experts.

I would have still been working as a presenter in the radio station with lots of fans all over Nigeria on Instagram and Twitter. But I knew I wanted money and not social media fans. This is just an encouragement piece for those who are about to give up. Programming is the main deal, but I also encourage you to follow your passion.

If I can do it, YES YOU CAN.

Please share with your readers.

Yours sincerely

Peter.”

can i start with andriod studio to develop mobile app?
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
obajoey:
Thanks. I am interested in these ones
Programming
Web Design/Development
Mobile Application Development
I will work on self-study, and if I could get a school that is not expensive, I would consider it as well.

Where is your location?
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by obajoey(m): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lagos, Ketu precisely.
BiafranBushBoy:

Where is your location?
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2018
obajoey:
Lagos, Ketu precisely.

Follow the blog link and read the last post. I made a recommendation there, you might find it valuable instead of self-study. (you might not get the basics well).

1 Like

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
Am interested and my location is abj
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by dingbang(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
The key to becoming a billionaire is to find a national problem and create a solution to that.. Bingo..

1 Like

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2018
dingbang:
The key to becoming a billionaire is to find a national problem and create a solution to that.. Bingo..

10/10. Good!!!

lalasticlala, good night. embarassed.

sad
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by rayblings(m): 9:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
shocked shocked

Bang DE DE deng!!!

Can ICT give the Duara oga brain

1 Like

Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by lovethchioma(f): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
Niceeeee.. ..
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Equal2DeTask(m): 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2018
assist me with some pdf files....

BiafranBushBoy
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
Equal2DeTask:

assist me with some pdf files....

BiafranBushBoy

Which course
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by obajoey(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Follow the blog link and read the last post. I made a recommendation there, you might find it valuable instead of self-study. (you might not get the basics well).

Thanks.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by indoorlove(m): 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
All it takes is to follow your dreams with passion, and the sky will be your limit

Please recommend a good place where I can learn
Mobile Application Development from scratch.
Locations: Abuja
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
indoorlove:
Please recommend a good place where I can learn
Mobile Application Development from scratch.
Locations: Abuja

I will have to verify first. Please give me time to make research.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by abumeinben(m): 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2018
What language did you learn bro?

BiafranBushBoy
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by BiafranBushBoy: 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
abumeinben:
What language did you learn bro?

BiafranBushBoy

It isn't my story bro. It was a reader of my blog that sent it in as an Email.

Are you a programmer?
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by abumeinben(m): 6:22am On Feb 07, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

It isn't my story bro. It was a reader of my blog that sent it in as an Email.

Are you a programmer?

Oh! I see.

Learning, actually.
Re: How Learning An ICT Course(programming Language) Made Me My First Million by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Which course

Programming

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uber Drivers Needed 25k Weekly / Adic Insurance Interview / Job Vacancies In Lagos State University (LASU)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.