Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Not My Baby - Mothercraft - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not My Baby - Mothercraft (388 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / My Baby's Transformation... / Suggest A Name For My Baby Girl: The Naming Ceremony Of My Baby Is Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not My Baby - Mothercraft by Mothercraft(f): 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
What a life!

There were three expectant groups in the waiting room. The air was tense with fear and great expectation. The atmosphere was not helped by the painful noise emanating from the labor room nearby where three pregnant women were laboring to deliver their babies.
Two of the pregnant women Funmi and Triumphant were first timers while Bridgette is already a mother of three and is here for the fourth baby.

The people in the waiting room include expectant husband of one of the first timers, mother in laws, friends from church and mosque, some neighbors and colleagues from the office.
So when the brouhaha started, the hospital management had a crowd to deal with. It was similar experience to the story of King Solomon and the 2 women with a dead child and a life baby in the Holy Bible. Who has which?
One of the first timers delivered first and the husband was called and congratulated on the safe delivery of a baby girl. The wife was still recurpating. Minutes later Bridgette also delivers a baby boy and on hearing these news so soon after his own information, the husband of the first timer started shouting that his baby was the male child and not the female and the midwives had collected money to exchange babies.

So why would a man behave like this? And as an expectant couple how can you save yourself from such accusation?
Some families still hold on to gender bias against female/girl child. Some children have birth defects, abnormalities and congenital deficiencies that make them undesirable to the parents.

That is why prospective parents should take preconception counseling before getting pregnant, register with a hospital/maternity centre on conception, do abdominal scans and tests to ensure the baby is growing normally in the womb. The pregnant woman should take good care of herself, eat balanced diet, maintain clean and health lifestyle during pregnancy and ensure her partner is aware of all relevant stages and happenings during the pregnancy. When it is time to deliver, ensure your partner or relation or a trusted friend is with you to witness the delivery and be sure you get your baby.

It was the woman delivered of the girl child that saved the day when she came around. She informed her husband that they were expecting a baby girl and not a boy. Obviously, she knew her husband has a gender bias and had been informing him that the sex of the child could not be accurately known in the womb and that her husband who is the first child will follow in the steps of his father too by having a male child as his first child. She knew from previous abdominal scans her expected baby would be a girl but was managing the ego of her man till the last minute.

What a life!

http://www.mothercraft.com.ng/mother/index.php/2018/02/05/not-my-baby/

(1) (Reply)

Wazifa For Love Marriage / Loans For Ibadan People / See How Nigerian Painter Ayeola Ayodeji Painted A Couple Oil On Canvas Medium.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.