Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive (736 Views)

Most Expensive Luxury Cars You May Think They Never Exist / Sapa Can Never Catch Me:davido Says As He Posts His Cars Worth 753 Million Naira / Are Salvage Cars Worth Buying?? HECK YES!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive by ruggedtimi(m): 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
Luxury cars have been publicly crushed in an anti-smuggling drive in the Philippines.

Around 20 cars including Mercedes, Jaguar and Corvette models worth around £850,000 in total were wrecked in a show of destruction.

Caterpillar trucks quickly turned the high-end vehicles into mangled metal and shattered glass.

Their destruction was personally ordered by president Rodrigo Duterte, who watched the event from the sidelines.

It was intended to send message to those tempted by the lucrative smuggling trade as part of a wider war on crime by strongman Mr Duterte.

"This kind of racket has been going on again and again and again over a period of centuries," he has said.

"Well, it has to stop."

Re: Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive by ogawriter(m): 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
Only 20 cars Was expecting like 500 cars or something..

Ehyah! What a waste

Dem for kuku dash me one, make I park this my legedez Benz�

1 Like

Re: Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive by countryfive: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
ogawriter:
Only 20 cars Was expecting like 500 cars or something..

Ehyah! What a waste

Dem for kuku dash me one, make I park this my legedez Benz�

they are not like the. Nigerian customs who will share the cars within themselves

1 Like

Re: Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive by babestella: 5:46am On Feb 07, 2018
Waste, their president should have sold those cars and pay the money into government account.
Re: Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2018
And I thought Nigeria Had problems grin

See mumu.!!!! If you don't want to sell, call igbo boys in your country to dismantle and send the parts down to Naija grin they will do it faster than this ya katapila grin

What a waste.
Re: Luxury Cars Worth £850,000 Crushed In Philippines Anti-smuggling Drive by ogawriter(m): 10:02am On Feb 07, 2018
countryfive:

they are not like the. Nigerian customs who will share the cars within themselves

I am not saying they should share it among themselves, those cars can offer good value as scrap metal or given to security agencies to aid in their transportation or crime fighting. Like I said what a waste!

The cartels behind the smuggling ring cannot be stopped by crushing the cars, they will only look for another way to perfect their smuggling. The best way is to go after the key players and their source of funds.

(1) (Reply)

Reg 04 Model Volvo S60, Silver SOLD!! SOLD!!! / 2009 Model Toyota Camry Accident Free 2.4m / SOLD! SOLD!!Tokunbo 2003 Toyota Camry LE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.