Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Difference Between Making Money And Building A Business - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Difference Between Making Money And Building A Business (629 Views)

Anambra Man Shares Money And Food To Less Privileged In Thailand / Difference between A Santa Claus and A Father Christmas (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Making Money And Building A Business by Aydigital123(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
The Difference Between Making Money and Building a Business
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is she talking about? Making money and building a business are they not the same? Noma! No sir! They are not the same.

You might have a different opinion and I totally respect that but kindly read to the end to in order to understand what I am talking about.

No doubt the purpose of every business is to make money unless you are running a charitable organization if not, the bottom line of a business is profit and profit is money yes I agree with you.

But then not everything you do to make money can be called a business.

The truth is that every street-smart young man or woman can do one or two things to make money but that does not mean they have a business.

For instance, bus conductors make money, but do they have a business? No!

“Agboro” make money but do they have a business? No!

people that play “Baba Ijabu” makes money but does he have a business? No!

people that play Bet Naija makes money but does he have a business? No!

A slay queen makes money but does she have a business? No! (you didn’t hear that from mouth)

I can go on and on.

Okay I see, you can’t relate to the above examples, right? You are too posh to engage in this type of hustle.

I understand. Your own is corporate hustle, you do online business or you have an office or a shop, therefore, I cannot be referring to you.

Hah! You are wrong sir/ma.

Okay, let me step up to your level.

Do you know that the information products you are selling can give you some money but that does not mean you have a business?

The online course you created can give you money but that does not mean you have a business.

Coaching will make you some money but does it mean you have a business? No!

That product you are selling can give you some money but you still do not have a business.

The question is – Can all these turns into a business? Yes, they can.

In this era of entrepreneurship, everyone wants to be self-employed but most entrepreneurs have not taken the time to answer this question – Do you want to be self-employed just to make money or to build a business?

You may ask, what is a business then? Let me answer that briefly by giving you some features of a business.

When you talk about business – you talk of continuity.

When you talk of business – you talk of sustainability

When you talk about business – you talk about growth

When you talk of business – you talk of scalability

When you talk about business – you talk about control

When you talk about business – you talk about Profit.

When you talk about business – you talk of system

Anything you are doing without the above features then it means you are just making money.

Does it mean that it is bad? No! Nothing is wrong with you trying to do one or two things to make money but trust me it might not last.

You might wake up one day and find out that you no longer have any source of income.

So the good thing is to build a business around whatever you are doing.

Put the above feature on your hustle then you have a business or use the money you make to establish a business.

As an entrepreneur or would be entrepreneur ask yourself – Am I in this to make money or to build a business?

This will give you an idea of what to do and how to do it.

Do you need a help in turning your hustle into a proper business? Let me know in the comment section.

My name is Ayobami
Online Digital strategist/coach
Re: The Difference Between Making Money And Building A Business by Tabbaz(m): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
Aydigital123:
The Difference Between Making Money and Building a Business
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is she talking about? Making money and building a business are they not the same? Noma! No sir! They are not the same.

You might have a different opinion and I totally respect that but kindly read to the end to in order to understand what I am talking about.

No doubt the purpose of every business is to make money unless you are running a charitable organization if not, the bottom line of a business is profit and profit is money yes I agree with you.

But then not everything you do to make money can be called a business.

The truth is that every street-smart young man or woman can do one or two things to make money but that does not mean they have a business.

For instance, bus conductors make money, but do they have a business? No!

“Agboro” make money but do they have a business? No!

people that play “Baba Ijabu” makes money but does he have a business? No!

people that play Bet Naija makes money but does he have a business? No!

A slay queen makes money but does she have a business? No! (you didn’t hear that from mouth)

I can go on and on.

Okay I see, you can’t relate to the above examples, right? You are too posh to engage in this type of hustle.

I understand. Your own is corporate hustle, you do online business or you have an office or a shop, therefore, I cannot be referring to you.

Hah! You are wrong sir/ma.

Okay, let me step up to your level.

Do you know that the information products you are selling can give you some money but that does not mean you have a business?

The online course you created can give you money but that does not mean you have a business.

Coaching will make you some money but does it mean you have a business? No!

That product you are selling can give you some money but you still do not have a business.

The question is – Can all these turns into a business? Yes, they can.

In this era of entrepreneurship, everyone wants to be self-employed but most entrepreneurs have not taken the time to answer this question – Do you want to be self-employed just to make money or to build a business?

You may ask, what is a business then? Let me answer that briefly by giving you some features of a business.

When you talk about business – you talk of continuity.

When you talk of business – you talk of sustainability

When you talk about business – you talk about growth

When you talk of business – you talk of scalability

When you talk about business – you talk about control

When you talk about business – you talk about Profit.

When you talk about business – you talk of system

Anything you are doing without the above features then it means you are just making money.

Does it mean that it is bad? No! Nothing is wrong with you trying to do one or two things to make money but trust me it might not last.

You might wake up one day and find out that you no longer have any source of income.

So the good thing is to build a business around whatever you are doing.

Put the above feature on your hustle then you have a business or use the money you make to establish a business.

As an entrepreneur or would be entrepreneur ask yourself – Am I in this to make money or to build a business?

This will give you an idea of what to do and how to do it.

Do you need a help in turning your hustle into a proper business? Let me know in the comment section.

My name is Ayobami
Online Digital strategist/coach
Hi
Saw your pm sir. You may contact me via phone in my signature if you have business deal for me
Regards

(1) (Reply)

I Am The Best Player At Chelsea And Kante Is A Fraud!!! / 9 Recession Proof Business In Nigeria With Low Start Up Capitala / President Buhari Reveals What He Discussed With Tobi, Kunle Afolayan, Small Doct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.