Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria (7781 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / Payoneer Card Withdrawal On Atms / A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by BrandSpurNG: 5:38am On Feb 07, 2018
First Bank of Nigeria Limited has revealed that its Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) across the country dispensed over N2.8 trillion between January and December 2017. The Bank’s Group Head, E-Business, Chuma Ezirim, said this in a statement made available to Brand Spur Nigeria at last weekend. According to the statement, the Bank’s ATMs currently accounts for 37 percent of bills payment services on ATMs in Nigeria’s banking industry.

It pointed out that in 2017, about 402,102 bill payments were made through the Bank’s ATMs while the value of airtime purchase was about N1.7 billion.Besides, stated : “To cater for the financial services needs of its customers and in line with its strategy to drive convenience and ease in banking, FirstBank is presently leading in the industry as the Bank with the highest number of ATMs, with 2,897 ATMs deployed across the Nigeria, making it the nation’s financial institution with the widest retail footprint.

The Bank’s ATMs have unique functional features, which include bills payment, cash transfer, airtime top-up, cash deposit among others. “FirstBank is currently responsible for over 15 percent of interbank transactions and 21 percent of airtime vending. As active mobile network users in Nigeria are over 142 million and the need to recharge is on the increase, the Bank’s ATMs also provide the platform for a convenient and easy top-up.” Chuma Ezirim explained that the distinct developments in FirstBank ATMs were achieved as a result of the desire to reach out to more people in the country and as part of putting customers at the heart of the business.

“FirstBank is positioned to meet the needs of its customers and to reach out to the underbanked and unbanked. Our mission is to remain relevant in the lives of our customers by continually working at making banking services a more convenient experience for our customers, ” he stated.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/firstbank-atms-more-than-a-cash-machine-accounts-for-37-of-bills-payment-services-on-atms-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by Pavore9: 5:42am On Feb 07, 2018
They are truly the FIRST!

13 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 5:46am On Feb 07, 2018
Nice one...

First bank customers please click my link below to register your firstmobile app. Its easy, fast and secure.
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:50am On Feb 07, 2018
Which first bank are they talking about? The 1 that can have serious network issue 3days out of 7days in a week or another one?

3 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by AnodaIT(m): 6:15am On Feb 07, 2018
Most banks like GTB dey put First Bank for number 1 before starting to list others alphabetically in USSD operations

11 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by BrandSpurNG: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2018
DingBang

1 Like

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2018
Very worthy of note. However they can do better than this

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by revelation2013(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2018
GTB is better in things relating to this in my own opinion.
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by ibkgab001: 7:49am On Feb 07, 2018
And so F what?
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by booblacain(m): 7:49am On Feb 07, 2018
I think that is because they have more ATM spots around the country than every other banks.

8 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by shedy03(m): 7:49am On Feb 07, 2018
no doubt.
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:49am On Feb 07, 2018
Nothing to Say, Lalasticlala Abeg Unblock Website Link on NairaLand
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by Inspire01: 7:50am On Feb 07, 2018
True but their atm is wack. Out of 5 atm machines only 2 will be dispensing cash and sometimes very slow

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2018
Useless UBA charges 5 naira anytime you check your balance using *919#. They did not even deem it fit to tell customers before they started.

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by mattyboy007(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2018
ovadozes:
Useless UBA charges 5 naira anytime you check your balance using *919#. They did not even deem it fit to tell customers before they started.
Gtbank charge #20 when u use *737#

1 Like

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by Gkemz: 8:06am On Feb 07, 2018
I've been receiving trumped up and false bank charges since inception of this government that wants to kill her citizens with taxes
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 07, 2018
mattyboy007:

Gtbank charge #20 when u use *737#
Na waoh, they are just stealing people's money, imagine 20 naira multiplied by one million, you have 20M, just from USSD and some people use it up to five times a day.
Since I found out it's what UBA does, I now use only ATM for every teansaction, let me be paying for only SMS charges.
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by Alajiki(m): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Which first bank are they talking about? The 1 that can have serious network issue 3days out of 7days in a week or another one?

I'm a customer of the bank and I can tell you that truly, they have the best ATM services.

6 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2018
BruncleZuma:
DingBang
my brother grin
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 8:13am On Feb 07, 2018
dingbang:
my brother grin

grin grin grin grin

Do come donate to my ministry ooo
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by tk4rd: 8:15am On Feb 07, 2018
I have something to say here..
FirstBank ATMs are the only ATMs I have encountered that can successfully do ATM Money transfer with Another Bank's ATM Card (that is, from another bank's account) and transfer the money to another bank entirely..
Thus, you can use FirstBank ATM and transfer money from your account to someone's account, and both Your bank or the Receiver's bank are not FirstBank..
If there are other banks whose ATMs can do such extended transfers,, I need the list of all of them..
Some Banks can't even successfully do ATM money transfer to other banks, even if you are using their ATM card.. All they know how to do best is transferring from one account to another within the same bank.

10 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 8:16am On Feb 07, 2018
BruncleZuma:

grin grin grin grin

Do come donate to my ministry ooo
no wahala... grin
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by sirlop(m): 8:19am On Feb 07, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
That’s my bank. There is nothing like that ok!

4 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by mattyboy007(m): 8:23am On Feb 07, 2018
ovadozes:

Na waoh, they are just stealing people's money, imagine 20 naira multiplied by one million, you have 20M, just from USSD and some people use it up to five times a day.
Since I found out it's what UBA does, I now use only ATM for every teansaction, let me be paying for only SMS charges.
Ur rite bro.. I hardly check balance dis days I only recharge my fone and sees the balance via the sms dey will send. Currently Gtbank are stealing from me.. Dey even charge me #20 per every recharge I do. I complain and dey told me to log on to my mobile app and rectify it. I can't even remember my banking ID since *737# came on board.. Rite now am tinking going of dumping dere ass to anoda bank dat am yet to conclude on
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by juddexy2(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2018
mattyboy007:

Ur rite bro.. I hardly check balance dis days I only recharge my fone and sees the balance via the sms dey will send. Currently Gtbank are stealing from me.. Dey even charge me #20 per every recharge I do. I complain and dey told me to log on to my mobile app and rectify it. I can't even remember my banking ID since *737# came on board.. Rite now am tinking going of dumping dere ass to anoda bank dat am yet to conclude on
my guy port to FirstBank

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by olowobaba10: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2018
a
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by yomalex(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2018
game of numbers
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by mclenny14: 10:47am On Feb 07, 2018
mattyboy007:

try access
Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by YourWife(f): 11:08am On Feb 07, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

You are not very correct with this info. I use First Bank, and I can tell you they serve me about 90-95% of the time. Way more trustworthy than Diamond.

1 Like

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by YourWife(f): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2018
juddexy2:
my guy port to FirstBank
Pls let him look for another bank... Before they will come and crowd our FirstBank and turn it to what they turned GTB to. Bros... Abeg go use UBA or FCMB. First bank is a very bad bank, and it is full already; no room for you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:30am On Feb 07, 2018
YourWife:

Pls let him look for another bank... Before they will come and crowd our FirstBank and turn it to what they turned GTB to. Bros... Abeg go use UBA or FCMB. First bank is a very bad bank, and it is full already; no room for you! cheesy

You're one funny woman.
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

USSD: Banks Deny Owing MTN Nigeria, Other Telcos / Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? / Strictly For Those Interested In Mini Importation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.