Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry (1046 Views)

Should I Go For Radiography, Medical Lab Science Or Biochemistry? / Medical Laboratory Or Biochemistry - Education / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry by nobleshakey(f): 9:34am On Feb 07, 2018
Good morning nairaland pls every one I was given GUIDING AND COUNSELING in university. I don't knw if I should go for it or not pls I need ur advice asap
Re: I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry by Heavance(m): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2018
It depends on what you want.
Some will tell you half is better than none..... but ask yourself where the degree from that department will help you to.

Then, at times, it is not by what we studied in the university, we tend to follow paths very different from what we studied.

Some will advice you to take it up, then try to go for change of department when you are in, but the bitter truth is, only few are lucky enough to switch when actually in, they often graduate with the department they came in.

The bottom line remains, the present condition of the country, doesn't care about what one graduates with.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry by cutieme(m): 9:49am On Feb 07, 2018
Yes,i think the speaker above me has said it all.It doesn't matter what you study these days , especially in Nigeria.I can remember during my own time,i did Biochemistry but was pushed to chemistry.I tried hard to change to medical biochemistry,but wasn't successful.I eventually graduated in chemistry.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry by Jman06(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2018
Unless you initially had a passion for researching and teaching biochemistry, please don't go into that course, else you'll be so frustrated in the future.

Guidance and counselling is even a better option in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry by nobleshakey(f): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
Jman06:
Unless you initially had a passion for researching and teaching biochemistry, please don't go into that course, else you'll be so frustrated in the future.

Guidance and counselling is even a better option in my opinion.
I mean instead of biochemistry
I choose biochemistry before
Re: I Was Given Guiding And Counseling Instead Or Biochemistry by Jman06(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
nobleshakey:

I mean instead of biochemistry
I choose biochemistry before
Why did you choose biochemistry in the first place? Was it due to your passion for researches in biochemistry and teaching? Just bear in mind that the best thing you can do with biochemistry in Nigeria is lecturing and that is when you have studied up to PhD level. If that is what you want, then reject the G and C and follow your passion by rewriting JAMB. However, if you are looking at a course that is practice-oriented with more job prospect, then G and C is even a better option than biochemistry in that regard, but if i am to suggest it will be that you take another UTME and this time around go for a professional medical course like nursing, medicine,dentistry, Pharmacy, med lab etc.
Don't settle for less! You can do better!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2018- List Of Some Universities That Accept Below 200 In JAMB / The Best Time To Study & Memorize Using MySchool Gist Formula / Updated: 2019 Low Tuition Universities In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.