Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? (797 Views)

1,487 Illegal Routes To Nigeria Uncovered / Flooding: FRSC Works Out Alternative Routes To Lokoja-abuja Road / Flooding: FRSC Works Out Alternative Routes To Lokoja-abuja Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by aviva: 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hello,
Please, does anyone know any companies that take passengers to the UK (preferably London) by sea from Port Harcourt or Lagos? Or any other possible routes to come back? I have googled it but got no data except from goods' shipping companies.
The situation with volcanic ash is getting only worse and it is a serious question now how to come back.
I greatly appreciate any information.
Thanks.
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by noblegas2(m): 1:46am On Apr 20, 2010
As far as am Concerned, U jst av 2 wait til D cloud is clear enough.I was also lukin 4 oda routes 4 ma cousins dat wer returning to Manchester & i decided 2 Buy Royal Air Maroc 4 dem cuz i culdnt get any European airline 4 'em.Dey travelled yestaday & dey are Stuck in Casablanca as i type dis & are due 2 leave on Thursday.Ma Advice 2 U is to be patient!
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by noblegas2(m): 1:51am On Apr 20, 2010
As far as am Concerned, U jst av 2 wait til D cloud is clear enough.I was also lukin 4 oda routes 4 ma cousins dat wer returning to Manchester & i decided 2 Buy Royal Air Maroc 4 dem cuz i culdnt get any European airline 4 'em.Dey travelled yestaday & dey are stil stuck in Casablanca as i type dis & are due 2 leave on Thursday.Ma Advice 2 U is to be patient!
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by aviva: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for this information.
I think yes the only thing is to remain patient.
The British government advised today to make your way to Madrid as they are organising transport from Madrid airport to the UK.
But my husband will need a Spanish visa so it is a bit complicated.
We will rest everything in the hands of almighty God.
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by Pittbaby(f): 11:51am On Apr 20, 2010
seat tight your bed is better than an airport floor
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by temodent(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2010
@noble you sound really funny, and I think the Royal air maroc is equally funny why do they airlift your person to cassablanca in the first place,. Do they intend to ship him/her to London or how do they intend to get him/her to London. I really pity the person cause air Maeroc os going to keep him/her in a transit camp where he is going to be entitled to only a ration meals and sleep on sofa, and worst still he/she would not have access to his luggage except the hand luggage for change of dress really a pathetic situation.
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by noblegas2(m): 4:12am On Apr 21, 2010
temodent:

@noble you sound really funny, and I think the Royal air maroc is equally funny why do they airlift your person to cassablanca in the first place,. Do they intend to ship him/her to London or how do they intend to get him/her to London. I really pity the person cause air Maeroc os going to keep him/her in a transit camp where he is going to be entitled to only a ration meals and sleep on sofa, and worst still he/she would not have access to his luggage except the hand luggage for change of dress really a pathetic situation.
@ Temodent, see me see wahala O! Wen i went to drop 'em @ D airport, i noticd a Memo on d counters of BA,AIR FRANCE,KLM & LUFTHANSA which reads dt all passengers shuld return home.Bt jst 2 B sure,I went to Royal Air Maroc's office & d guy said "Of course sir, we av a flight 4 2nite", & i was lyk waow! Air maroc rocks & i left 4 ma Crib. Abt 10 hours later, i recieved a cal 4rm ma cousin dt dey had been stuckd @ Casablanca til tuesday or wednesday & i was lyk, "Damn, dat airline is useless".I mean, watz D point of Taking London bound peepz 4rm Lagos & Droppin 'em @ Casablanca 2 make mara worse, dey wer going 2 Manchester & der BRITISH MIDLAND flight 4rm london had also been cancelled.I cannot bt jst pity 'em cuz dey are both females.bt anywayz, dey jst kald & told me dey wer checkin in 2 d london bound flight 4rm casablanca!
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by temodent(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2010
okidoki, they seems to be lucky, things have started easing out. Learnt a BA flight departed lagos for heathrow or any suitable airport in the uK according to the airline yesterday.
The passenger onboard the BA flight had been forewarned that if the situation at heathrow is not conducive they may choose to land at any other suitable airport in the uk.
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by biteme: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2010
pls noble_gas1 need to discuss something with you, hw do we chat? tks
Re: Alternative Routes To The Uk During Volcano Eruption? by noblegas2(m): 4:42am On Apr 22, 2010
Aiite man! Check ma profile 4 ma contact detailz.

(1) (Reply)

Visa Help / (u S) Ds-160 / Xmas Cruise To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.