Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee (503 Views)

Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance / UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by autoss3: 3:18am On Feb 08, 2018
Still in line with cashless policies, commercial banks in the country will start charging N50 per month as Naira ATM card maintenance fee starting end of this month.

But contrary to what many bank customers think that the charges are uncalled for and consider it a way of extorting money from their customers, it might surprise you that prior to now and according to standard, banks have always charged annual ATM card maintenance fee even to the tune of N1,000 annually but many are oblivious of these charges, probably because it is being accumulated and deducted once annually.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-MuSrHaQRpRo/WS09xOcpF_I/AAAAAAAAGaQ/1L4L9Fz2chMFpuRQU7RzIQa56z-PwsURACLcB/s320/atm%2Bcard.jpg[/img]
And not only that, customers are also unaware that the new card maintenance fee imposed is actually a slash down from the previous fee being deducted annually since banks will now charge N50 per month, now entailing annual accumulation of N600 per month as against N1,000.

bank-to-charge-N50-monthly-atm-card-maintenance-fee

But the little difference now is that customers might now notice monthly deduction of this N50 card maintenance fee as against previous years when it was accumulated and deducted once annually.

Foreign currency dominated ATM card maintenance fee will still be charged annually at about $20

Finally, when you start noticing such deductions monthly, it should not come as surprise as it is the standard and the new directives issued to commercial banks by CBN

Source: http://learninzoneblog..com/2018/02/banks-to-start-charging-n50-monthly-for.html
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by mejai(m): 3:27am On Feb 08, 2018
Which kind madness is Nigeria?
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by dammywapes(m): 3:55am On Feb 08, 2018
o ma wa ga bayio
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by Authoreety: 4:00am On Feb 08, 2018
Ecobank don dey charge me my own since 19-kirigidi-no-date..

I no just kno wetin ah stil dey do with d bank
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by Nobody: 5:06am On Feb 08, 2018
WARRIDIS
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by Funjosh(m): 5:20am On Feb 08, 2018
Authoreety:
Ecobank don dey charge me my own since 19-kirigidi-no-date..

I no just kno wetin ah stil dey do with d bank

That Bank is so useless, a bank where you can't withdraw with her ATM card on its machine while other bank ATM cards will be withdrawing. Bank that is still stuck with 1999 network tongue
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by olureignforever: 5:20am On Feb 08, 2018
Awon I thief
Re: Banks To Start Charging N50 Monthly For Atm Card Maintenance Fee by eTECTIVe(m): 7:16am On Feb 08, 2018
Something banks have already been charging since God knows wen. As if dat was not enof, I got a debit alert of "card cost on account" and I'm like WTF!!!

(1) (Reply)

12 Reasons Why You Need A Business Plan / Phone As Money Making Medium / Trendy And Quality Shoe Sellers In Lagos Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.