Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Fear! The Greatest Weapon For Greatness..by Oyewole Adeboye. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fear! The Greatest Weapon For Greatness..by Oyewole Adeboye. (355 Views)

Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others / I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Fear! The Greatest Weapon For Greatness..by Oyewole Adeboye. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fear! The Greatest Weapon For Greatness..by Oyewole Adeboye. by adexpa(m): 3:31am On Feb 08, 2018
FEAR! THE GREATEST WEAPON FOR GREATNESS
I am very sure every reader will be astonished and dazed to see a topic like this from any sane writer, but I will indulge you to go through the text before passing judgment.
The topic FEAR! THE GREATEST WEAPON FOR GREATNESS came to mind after several thoughts and experiences while been a student of fear.
The greatest south African man to ever live, Nelson Mandela once said ‘’ Courage is never in the absence of fear, but the ability to conquer’’ which I rephrased to be ‘’ success is never achieved in the absence of fear, but ability to manipulate, maneuver and overcome’’ . No one ever amount super-success without the prefix fear. Sam Adeyemi in one of his book described FEAR as “a defence mechanism that God programmed into us to warm us of danger’’ which to me implies the gift God gave individual to fight battle ahead.

I am very sure everyone will agree with me that it is the fear of failure that makes us prepare ahead our encounters; fear of examination failure makes us read adequately, the fear of broken home makes us prepared ahead by reading books on marriage and also go for cancelling, fear of career failure makes us read books to develop ourselves and get mentors in our career path.
I am sure with this understanding, we believed fear has a vital role to play in our greatness. Any endeavor embarked on with zero fear never flourishes at best. So, it is the presence of fear that makes us triumph, display and deliver maximally. The presence of fear with super determination to succeed brings about super-success.

With this above stories, how do we manage our fear and turn it to weapon of greatness? It is never possible to kill fear but, we can manage our fear to produce desire results.
Below are few points to manage our fears in order to achieve greatness in our encounters;
1. Adequate preparations: Preparations helps us gain power over our fears.
2. Gain experience: When we gain moderate experience on what we do, we are able to command fear.
3. Practice: We need to practice what we do to be in control of it. Practice does not only make perfect but makes permanent.
4. Visualize success: always be seeing success in what you do. Never see failure at any point.
5. Take off Pressure: do not allow pressure to control you. Deal with pressure at all cost.
6. Know your Strength: the ability to know your strength helps you in making best use of it in whatever you do.

Finally, wisdom is the attribute of taking adequate and proper time to acquire right information and execute them rightly. The fear you do not conquer kills your career and initiatives, therefore, you must be at all times salivating techniques it will require you to conquer your fear.

Thanks for reading……share.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Sell Your Soul, Sell Your Skills / Discover How To Choose Appropriate Sampling Technique, Sample Size And How To Wr / Tips On Goal Setting - Tokunbo Fasoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.