Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars (516 Views)

COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD THAT ARE OVER 2000 YEARS AS SUPPORTED BY BIBLE VERSES / Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars by Abdulgaffar22: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
One of the characteristics of a true faith is that what the people believe are always found to be similar to what is written in their holy book. Whenever there is a great discrepancy between what the people believe and what is written inside their holy books, then something is wrong somewhere. Therefore, the most important question which many Bible scholars overlooked is that why Christian beliefs always seem to contradict what is written inside the Bible? For example;
1. Christians believe that Jesus is God that became flesh according to the doctrine of holy Trinity: yet in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God according to the Christians, then can God have another God? Also Luke 6:12 recorded that Jesus went out to the mountain side to pray, and continued all night in PRAYER TO GOD. If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? 2.Christians believe that the official title for Jesus Christ is "son of God": yet the official title Jesus gave himself in many verses of the Bible is “SON OF MAN”. It was even more than SEVENTY places that Jesus called himself son of Man in the four canonical gospel e.g. Mark 2:10, Matthew 8:20, 11:19 Luke 7:34, 9:58 etc. But hardly do you see where Jesus directly and personally called himself “son of God”
3. Christians believe that Jesus WILLINGLY laid down his life on the cross for atonement sacrifice: yet Matthew 26:36-44 declare that Jesus prayed to God and asked for the removal of "cup of death" in THREE consecutive times, saying; my soul is exceedingly sorrowful even to death……O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as you will. In fact the prayer was so serious to the extent that the sweat of Jesus was like great drops of blood falling down to the ground(Luke 22:44).
4. Christians believe that Jesus was sent to the entire world: yet Jesus said " I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24).
5. Christians believe that Jesus died for our sins: yet God Almighty declares as follow: THE SOUL WHO SINS IS THE ONE WHO WILL DIE. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE RIGHTEOUS MAN WILL BE CREDITED TO HIM, AND THE WICKEDNESS OF THE WICKED WILL BE CHARGED AGAINST HIM."But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live. (Ezekiel 18:20-22). It is very clear from these verses that there is no need for Jesus to die for our sins. If we repent sincerely from our sinful ways and follow the path of righteousness, none of the offenses we have committed will be remembered against us. God Almighty also repeat the same message in the Qur’an; And verily, I FORGIVE ALL SINS UNTO ANY ONE WHO REPENTS and attains to faith and does righteous deeds, and thereafter keeps to the right path (Qur’an 20:82).

6. Christians believe that “the great light from heaven” that appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus after Jesus has ascended to heaven (Acts 22:6-cool was true Jesus Christ : yet Jesus said “if anyone says here is Christ or there, DO NOT BELIEVE IT (Matthew 24:23)”. Jesus also told the original apostles; “I saw Satan falling like LIGHTNING FROM HEAVEN (Luke10:18)”. If true Jesus Christ would later appear to Paul in form of “a great light falling from heaven”, he would have foretold this event to the original apostles before he ascended to heaven; instead of telling them not to believe in any one that came in the name of Christ and also informing them that he saw Satan falling from heaven in form of a great light.
7. Christians believe that omnipotent God of love and mercy must curse and condemn His only beloved and innocent son on the cross of Calvary before they can secure eternal life: yet condemnation of righteous and innocent person is strictly forbidden in the Bible ( Matthew 12:7,proverb17:15,exodus23:7,psalm34:22). The doctrine of an only beloved and innocent son who was under the curse (Galatians 3:13) and condemnation of His own merciful Father is self-contradictory and repugnant to human mind.

8. Christians believe in Trinity: Yet Jesus said " hear o Israel, the Lord our God is ONE (Mark12:29)”. Jesus did not say three in one or one in three. If God’s nature cannot be changed and if God is triune in nature, then Moses and all the prophets of God before Jesus Christ would have made this known to the children of Israel and Deuteronomy 6:4 should have read: “Hear O Israel; The Lord our God is three in one or one in three” instead of “Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one”. In fact, the word “Trinity” is nowhere to be found if you check the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
9. Christians believe that God created All things through Jesus Christ(Hebrews 1:2,1st Corinthians 8:6 and Colossians 1:16, John1:3,10): yet God Almighty declare that He created the Heavens and the Earth ALL ALONE: This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb; I am the LORD who has made everything, Who ALONE stretch out the heavens, Who spread out the earth- who was with Me at that time?-( Isaiah 44:24 ISV).
10. Christians believe that it is only the sacrificial blood of Jesus that can take away our sins i:e it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins(Hebrews 10:4): yet Leviticus 16:21-30 says as follows "the GOAT will carry on itself all the sins of Israelites to a remote place and the man shall release the goat in the wilderness......Then before the LORD, you will be clean from all your sins”. However by relying heavily on Hebrews 10:4, Christian scholars usually proclaim that animal sacrifices could only “cover” sins; they could not take them away; but when Jesus shed his own blood, then the sins were taken away. But is there any indication in the book of Leviticus quoted above that the sins of Israelites were only covered and not completely taken away? God says: “Then before the LORD, you will be CLEAN FROM ALL YOUR SINS”. To insist and proclaim that there is a difference between “take away of sins” in Hebrew 10:4 and “clean from all sins” in Leviticus 16:30 is only an attempt to resolve an obvious and irreconcilable contradiction between Hebrews 10:4 and Leviticus 16:21-30. The only way to resolve this contradiction is when the term “take away of sins” in Hebrews 10:4 implies complete removal of humanity sinful nature; and NOT achieving divine forgiveness for already committed sins. However, complete removal of humanity sinful nature by blood of Jesus is impossible as nobody can be completely free from committing minor sins. Bible also attests to this fact; “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:cool”. Therefore, the contradiction between Hebrew 10:4 and Leviticus 16:21-30 still remain valid
11.Christians believe that performing miracles and wonders in Jesus name is an evidence for divine origin of Christianity: yet Jesus said : Many will say to me in that day ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in your name? And then I will declare to them; I never knew you, depart from me, you who practice lawlessness (Matthew 7:22-23). See how the Christians will be disowned and rejected by Jesus on the Day of Judgment!
12. Christians are programmed to believe that God should only be worshipped in spirit ; In other word, there is no need for any ceremonial act of worship like standing, bowing and prostration as observed in Muslims’ act of worship: Yet the divine mode of worship that God has chosen for the Israelites during and after the time of Moses is as follows: And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up. And the Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. Then all the people answer Amen, Amen! while lifting up their hands. And they BOWED THEIR HEADS and worshipped the LORD with their FACES TO THE GROUND (Nehemiah 8:4-6). If God should only be worship in spirit and not with body and mind as the Christians believe, then why did God establish such a ceremonial and physical act of worship for the Israelites as shown above? In fact, towards the end of the world, when many people would have accepted Islam, God prophesied as follows: For then I will restore to all the people, A PURE LANGUAGE that they may all call upon name of the Lord and serve Him SHOULDER TO SHOULDER (Zephaniah 3:9 KJV, NIV). This verse can only be referring to the Muslims who worship God (five times in a day) in the mosque shoulder to shoulder with the same pure Arabic language throughout the entire world.
Re: The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars by veli1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
If U Can Xplain To Me Tha Difference Btw Prostitution And Mut'ah Which Ur Quran Encourages, Then I Will Answer U. Idiot
Re: The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars by Supremex: 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2018
Its so funny how ppl pick up bits of the bible that seem like contradictions and say the bible contradicts itself, now i could say the quran says there is a river of alcohol in heaven yet you are told not to drink alcohol, and i could say allah said there is no one who wont go to hell, even the must righteous man and will come out from it after somedays... that is the same thing what you are doing, giving us bits of information without understanding the whole thing, things where said before and after it. About the trinity, we humans comprise of spirit, soul and body, so its safe to say we are three in one, does that mean if you are asked you will say you are three?? That will be dumb and absurd cos infact you are one person, just as the body comprises of the hand the head... It is still one body with different uses each, so is God, the Father, the Son and the Spirit, they are all one. Jesus did "NOT" come to earth in form of God, he came as human. The issue of Him saying He came for only the israelites is a different case entirely, it was woman from cannaan who needed healing not about Jesus dying for the earth, i could go on and on, but one thing i have learnt is yall have your minds made up and will just not listen to the truth, everything you wrote up there are misconceptions, they have been twicked to satisfy yalls selfish desires
Re: The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars by Nelson21(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
And another long argument begins.
Re: The Most Important Question Overlooked By Bible Scholars by Supremex: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
One of the characteristics of a true faith is that what the people believe are always found to be similar to what is written in their holy book. Whenever there is a great discrepancy between what the people believe and what is written inside their holy books, theUn something is wrong somewhere. Therefore, the most important question which many Bible scholars overlooked is that why Christian beliefs always seem to contradict what is written inside the Bible? For example;
1. Christians believe that Jesus is God that became flesh according to the doctrine of holy Trinity: yet in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God according to the Christians, then can God have another God? Also Luke 6:12 recorded that Jesus went out to the mountain side to pray, and continued all night in PRAYER TO GOD. If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? 2.Christians believe that the official title for Jesus Christ is "son of God": yet the official title Jesus gave himself in many verses of the Bible is “SON OF MAN”. It was even more than SEVENTY places that Jesus called himself son of Man in the four canonical gospel e.g. Mark 2:10, Matthew 8:20, 11:19 Luke 7:34, 9:58 etc. But hardly do you see where Jesus directly and personally called himself “son of God”
3. Christians believe that Jesus WILLINGLY laid down his life on the cross for atonement sacrifice: yet Matthew 26:36-44 declare that Jesus prayed to God and asked for the removal of "cup of death" in THREE consecutive times, saying; my soul is exceedingly sorrowful even to death……O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as you will. In fact the prayer was so serious to the extent that the sweat of Jesus was like great drops of blood falling down to the ground(Luke 22:44).
4. Christians believe that Jesus was sent to the entire world: yet Jesus said " I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24).
5. Christians believe that Jesus died for our sins: yet God Almighty declares as follow: THE SOUL WHO SINS IS THE ONE WHO WILL DIE. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE RIGHTEOUS MAN WILL BE CREDITED TO HIM, AND THE WICKEDNESS OF THE WICKED WILL BE CHARGED AGAINST HIM."But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live. (Ezekiel 18:20-22). It is very clear from these verses that there is no need for Jesus to die for our sins. If we repent sincerely from our sinful ways and follow the path of righteousness, none of the offenses we have committed will be remembered against us. God Almighty also repeat the same message in the Qur’an; And verily, I FORGIVE ALL SINS UNTO ANY ONE WHO REPENTS and attains to faith and does righteous deeds, and thereafter keeps to the right path (Qur’an 20:82).

6. Christians believe that “the great light from heaven” that appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus after Jesus has ascended to heaven (Acts 22:6-cool was true Jesus Christ : yet Jesus said “if anyone says here is Christ or there, DO NOT BELIEVE IT (Matthew 24:23)”. Jesus also told the original apostles; “I saw Satan falling like LIGHTNING FROM HEAVEN (Luke10:18)”. If true Jesus Christ would later appear to Paul in form of “a great light falling from heaven”, he would have foretold this event to the original apostles before he ascended to heaven; instead of telling them not to believe in any one that came in the name of Christ and also informing them that he saw Satan falling from heaven in form of a great light.
7. Christians believe that omnipotent God of love and mercy must curse and condemn His only beloved and innocent son on the cross of Calvary before they can secure eternal life: yet condemnation of righteous and innocent person is strictly forbidden in the Bible ( Matthew 12:7,proverb17:15,exodus23:7,psalm34:22). The doctrine of an only beloved and innocent son who was under the curse (Galatians 3:13) and condemnation of His own merciful Father is self-contradictory and repugnant to human mind.

8. Christians believe in Trinity: Yet Jesus said " hear o Israel, the Lord our God is ONE (Mark12:29)”. Jesus did not say three in one or one in three. If God’s nature cannot be changed and if God is triune in nature, then Moses and all the prophets of God before Jesus Christ would have made this known to the children of Israel and Deuteronomy 6:4 should have read: “Hear O Israel; The Lord our God is three in one or one in three” instead of “Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one”. In fact, the word “Trinity” is nowhere to be found if you check the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
9. Christians believe that God created All things through Jesus Christ(Hebrews 1:2,1st Corinthians 8:6 and Colossians 1:16, John1:3,10): yet God Almighty declare that He created the Heavens and the Earth ALL ALONE: This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb; I am the LORD who has made everything, Who ALONE stretch out the heavens, Who spread out the earth- who was with Me at that time?-( Isaiah 44:24 ISV).
10. Christians believe that it is only the sacrificial blood of Jesus that can take away our sins i:e it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins(Hebrews 10:4): yet Leviticus 16:21-30 says as follows "the GOAT will carry on itself all the sins of Israelites to a remote place and the man shall release the goat in the wilderness......Then before the LORD, you will be clean from all your sins”. However by relying heavily on Hebrews 10:4, Christian scholars usually proclaim that animal sacrifices could only “cover” sins; they could not take them away; but when Jesus shed his own blood, then the sins were taken away. But is there any indication in the book of Leviticus quoted above that the sins of Israelites were only covered and not completely taken away? God says: “Then before the LORD, you will be CLEAN FROM ALL YOUR SINS”. To insist and proclaim that there is a difference between “take away of sins” in Hebrew 10:4 and “clean from all sins” in Leviticus 16:30 is only an attempt to resolve an obvious and irreconcilable contradiction between Hebrews 10:4 and Leviticus 16:21-30. The only way to resolve this contradiction is when the term “take away of sins” in Hebrews 10:4 implies complete removal of humanity sinful nature; and NOT achieving divine forgiveness for already committed sins. However, complete removal of humanity sinful nature by blood of Jesus is impossible as nobody can be completely free from committing minor sins. Bible also attests to this fact; “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:cool”. Therefore, the contradiction between Hebrew 10:4 and Leviticus 16:21-30 still remain valid
11.Christians believe that performing miracles and wonders in Jesus name is an evidence for divine origin of Christianity: yet Jesus said : Many will say to me in that day ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in your name? And then I will declare to them; I never knew you, depart from me, you who practice lawlessness (Matthew 7:22-23). See how the Christians will be disowned and rejected by Jesus on the Day of Judgment!
12. Christians are programmed to believe that God should only be worshipped in spirit ; In other word, there is no need for any ceremonial act of worship like standing, bowing and prostration as observed in Muslims’ act of worship: Yet the divine mode of worship that God has chosen for the Israelites during and after the time of Moses is as follows: And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up. And the Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. Then all the people answer Amen, Amen! while lifting up their hands. And they BOWED THEIR HEADS and worshipped the LORD with their FACES TO THE GROUND (Nehemiah 8:4-6). If God should only be worship in spirit and not with body and mind as the Christians believe, then why did God establish such a ceremonial and physical act of worship for the Israelites as shown above? In fact, towards the end of the world, when many people would have accepted Islam, God prophesied as follows: For then I will restore to all the people, A PURE LANGUAGE that they may all call upon name of the Lord and serve Him SHOULDER TO SHOULDER (Zephaniah 3:9 KJV, NIV). This verse can only be referring to the Muslims who worship God (five times in a day) in the mosque shoulder to shoulder with the same pure Arabic language throughout the entire world.
and wait who told you we dont believe God should be worshipped in body and mind, rofl, is it because the bible says Gods is Spirit and thise who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth, the bible was talking about sincerity of heart here, if you do all those things like bowing down before God, prostrating, singing , waving which the bible tells us to do in many places but you dont do it with sincerity of heart, they are all in vain

(1) (Reply)

The Woman Who Hears Voices in her Head. / 10 Facts You Need To Know About David Oyedepo Jnr / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/06/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.