Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? (30464 Views)

#NigeriaAt55: Evolution Of Nigerian Fashion Since 1960(photos) / Fashion Trends That Rocked 2014 / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by IdibiaLuv(f): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2005
Tell Me The Latest Fashions Of Nigeria Cause I am In Canada So I Don't Know

Hey Tell me because i don't know all you women on the forum please tell me i beg.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by snazzydawn(f): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2005
Idibialuv,the fashion trends in Nigeria depends on the region you live.But one thing I know is trendy now in Nigeria is belts.They are so sexy and everybody is wearing them.Also tanktops,gypsy skirts and beads are also in vogue.Then on the traditional scene,its the damask clothe.I will get back to you soon to give you more......ohhhhhh!!!!how could I forget sunshades of different colours!!!
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by layi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2005
Customised belts are the in thing. Either iced-out name buckles or Scrolling LED screen.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by hotangel2(f): 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2005
That's nice. I dunno what's in nigeria, but i wanna follow this thread. (that explains why i made this post).
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by owo2390(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2005
Wow, Nigeria is changing.
Which is a good thing.
I want to more about the latest trends in Nigeria.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by dejiolowe: 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2005
it depends on what social strata u r talking about: traditional outing, teenagers, groupies, corporates, biz casuals. Old people like me are back to wearing sport fit 2 buttons suit. shirts with long tail. and black silk ties.

sometimes, I see some dudes with shirt collars so tall you need a ladder to get to the top. that seems to be the trend but aint sure 'bout that.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by c0dec(m): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2005
Idibia*Luv:

Tell Me The Latest Fashions Of Nigeria Cause I am In Canada So I Don't Know

as dejiolowe said, it depends where u fall in but since you're asking this question then i believe you're into the trendy scene. MTV has your answers then.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by spikedcylinder: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2005
Personally,right now i'm totally in for anything that shows toe cleavages and has a bit of heels! grin
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by yogun(f): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2007
short clingy dress on heels
short knickers & tops
short dresses & leggies
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by urihsab: 2:40am On Aug 10, 2007
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by inkema(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2007
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by spikedcylinder: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2007
inkema:

BHF MAGAZINE NOW IN EMAIL VERSION >>>SUBSCRIBE

http://bhfmagazine.com/bhfadvert_articles/bhf_article_advert_1.htm
http://bhfmagazine.com/bhfadvert_articles/bhf_article_advert_2.htm

urihsab:

South Africa 2010 World Cup - Dress To Win

Sakeenah:

Do you wish to rent exotic wedding gowns sizes 6 to 16?

Wht was the original question again?
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by inkema(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2008
LATEST BHF MAGAZINE UPDATE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bhfmagazine.com/bhfadvert_articles/bhfphotogallery_8.html
http://bhfmagazine.com/bhfadvert_articles/bhfphotogallery_7.html
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by kuzina(f): 5:28am On Sep 25, 2009
Check Out The Latest Nigeria Fashions Here In

http://www.ELINOO.COM
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by dvonne(f): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2010
Find fashion online at www.yesidefashionstore.com
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2010
layi:

Customised belts are the in thing. Either iced-out name buckles or Scrolling LED screen.

Lmao, I can't help but laugh but those were in style over here when I was 14. Never liked that trend though tongue.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by Godmother(f): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
Pencil jeans, Brazillian hair are so in vogue
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 2:28am On Oct 16, 2010
Godmother:

Brazillian hair are so in vogue

Ewww, what's this obsession with Brasilian hair? I don't understand how a woman [and in some cases a man] can glue that monstrosity to their heads and paraded themselves in the streets and think its hot tongue
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by madlady(f): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2010
^^
@Inked_Nerd I've put Brazilian hair on a friend's head before,  I refused to use the glue shocked shocked shocked.
How do you get it out without damaging your own hair.

@Inked_Nerd what are the current hair trends?

I thought we were ALL going back to a more natural look or even heading towards a full on bush.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2010
madlady:

^^
@Inked_Nerd I've put Brazilian hair on a friend's hair before,  I refused to use the glue shocked shocked shocked.
How do you get it out without damaging your own hair.

@Inked_Nerd what are the current hair trends?

I thought we were ALL going back to a more natural look or even heading towards a full on bush.

Well, around where I live a LOT of the girls are all weaved and permed. Some of the girls that go to my school are gettin' into the natural hair scene. This year, it seems like a lot of them are willing to chop it all off or shave some of it off or wear their hair in an afro. But some of them just seem like their trying to go natural because they think its chic tongue. That's not my reason though. Been rockin' natural hair for a while now. With all honesty I don't know how people remove it [lace fronts[b]/[/b]glued on hair]  from their hair without damaging their own hair. I one saw a woman on tv remove her lace front wig and the woman was in serious pain cry. I'm so happy I don't go through any of that grin
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by madlady(f): 7:04am On Oct 16, 2010
@Inked_Nerd leave the lace front wigs grin grin. I first noticed peeps wearing them about 2 years, I just wondered, what's with the strange hairline, I thought they all looked like that embarassed embarassed embarassed. I must admit I've now seen some really great ones but, they CAN cause so much harm to your hairline.

I love the Full buzz but it can make your head look big and make your forehead more obvious.

I've seen quite a few young girls with thick hair, just banded back, that looks really cool, and of cause they are really into the shaved sides, but must have permed hair on the top.

So from what you've said it looks like it's the same for blacks from wherever. smiley smiley
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2010
madlady:

@Inked_Nerd leave the lace front wigs grin grin. I first noticed peeps wearing them about 2 years, I just wondered, what's with the strange hairline, I thought they all looked like that embarassed embarassed embarassed. I must admit I've now seen some really great ones but, they CAN cause so much harm to your hairline.

I love the Full buzz but it can make your head look big and make your forehead more obvious.

I've seen quite a few young girls with thick hair, just banded back, that looks really cool, and of cause they are really into the shaved sides, but must have permed hair on the top.

So from what you've said it looks like it's the same for blacks from wherever. smiley smiley

Lmao, the hairline are too funny. It cracks me up. I did the whole head band thing before I snipped off some of my hair for the summer. This year, I'm gonna experiment with a lot of different natural styles.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by Dorammy(f): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2010
No one is talking abt gladiator's sandals
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 5:24am On Oct 22, 2010
Dorammy:

Well, summer's over so there really no need to talk about 'em. Personally, I've moved onto boots. I can't wait to buy some new boots for autumn.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by tpiah: 5:28am On Oct 22, 2010
Dorammy:

can you post a photo?

though summer is over sha but they sound interesting.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by gestapo(f): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Lmao, I can't help but laugh but those were in style over here when I was 14. Never liked that trend though tongue.

Err wakey wakey, you've just quoted a post that is nearly 5 years old grin

Inked_Nerd:

Well, summer's over so there really no need to talk about 'em. Personally, I've moved onto boots. I can't wait to buy some new boots for autumn.

Maybe i need someone to fetch me a pail of water to pour over your head to wake you up, the clue is in the thread title, Nigeria's blazing hot weather is not cut out for boots unless you wanna wear it during harmattan, lol grin

Having fun with this, off to dig more inked_nerd's posts tongue tongue
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by madlady(f): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2010
tpiah:

can you post a photo?

though summer is over sha but they sound interesting.

Here goes. smiley

Dorammy:

I love them

Inked_Nerd:

My 1st love, I hope I find gladiator style shorties,to wear with jeans.

Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by madlady(f): 7:19am On Oct 22, 2010
wink

Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2010
gestapo:

Err wakey wakey, you've just quoted a post that is nearly 5 years old grin

Maybe i need someone to fetch me a pail of water to pour over your head to wake you up, the clue is in the thread title, Nigeria's blazing hot weather is not cut out for boots unless you wanna wear it during harmattan, lol grin

Having fun with this, off to dig more inked_nerd's posts tongue tongue

I wasn't the person that commented in the thread recently.

madlady:

Here goes. smiley
I love them

My 1st love, I hope I find gladiator style shorties,to wear with jeans.

Ohhhh, I love them--they look so cute.
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by dvonne(f): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2010
Nigerian fashion site for great trendy pieces http://yesidefashionstore.com/online-shopping
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by gestapo(f): 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I wasn't the person that commented in the thread recently.

The first person you quoted about the belt posted in 2005, the second lady posted from Naija which has summer all year round hence gladiator could still be in vogue wink
Re: What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? by InkedNerd(f): 5:34am On Nov 30, 2010
Sorry, made a typo. I meant to say, I wasn't the only person that commented in the thread recently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Body Types And See Which One Is Yours! / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / Nyekachi Douglas Wins Top Model At The Miss World 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.