Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,937 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network (2969 Views)

Dangers Of Connecting To Free Wi-fi Networks / You Can Now Upgrade Your Airtel Sim To 4G Online And Claim Your 4GB Data Free / Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by Adenex3051(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2018
I just got a UK ZTE Z981 Android phone. I noticed the phone only browses using 2G/Edge network. I have gone to settings to change it to 4GLTE/3G yet it goes back to browse using the 2G network.
Please what can I do to make the phone browse with 4GLTE/3G network. Thanks
Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by typicalgamer(m): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
it's because there are no true 4g network in Nigeria except from WiFi provider all Sim card's which say they support 4g are just promo booster nothing else the phone need's true 4g not some 2g sim card boosted to 3g......in short it's not the phone but the Sim
Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by Adenex3051(m): 5:34am On Feb 09, 2018
typicalgamer:
it's because there are no true 4g network in Nigeria except from WiFi provider all Sim card's which say they support 4g are just promo booster nothing else the phone need's true 4g not some 2g sim card boosted to 3g......in short it's not the phone but the Sim
aa

Thanks my brother.... I noticed it browses seamlessly when I use Wi-Fi
Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by Franky826: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2018
The 3G bands and 4G bands that the phone came with is not available where you are.

Have same issue with a ZTE Nubia N1 lite I bought recently. But that was my fault though cos I didn't check the network bands it had when I ordered. But I'll send it to my sister in Nigeria cos the 4G bands it came with works there(LTE: 2600mhz, 1700mhz).

It's possible it may be from the bands try Google the bands phone came with and see if they are available in Nigeria. If they are not, then sorry you are stuck on that 2G. Nothing can be done, unless you plan relocating

1 Like

Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by Adenex3051(m): 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Franky826:
The 3G bands and 4G bands that the phone came with is not available where you are.

Have same issue with a ZTE Nubia N1 lite I bought recently. But that was my fault though cos I didn't check the network bands it had when I ordered. But I'll send it to my sister in Nigeria cos the 4G bands it came with works there(LTE: 2600mhz, 1700mhz).

It's possible it may be from the bands try Google the bands phone came with and see if they are available in Nigeria. If they are not, then sorry you are stuck on that 2G. Nothing can be done, unless you plan relocating
Thanks....
I got a message from Airtel to come swap my SIM with a 4G SIM. I will go to their office and hope the new SIM card will provide me a better connection.
Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by Franky826: 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
Adenex3051:

Thanks....
I got a message from Airtel to come swap my SIM with a 4G SIM. I will go to their office and hope the new SIM card will provide me a better connection.

All the best. Would still maintain you do a Google check and see the band of 4G the phone supports
Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
typicalgamer:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

kai.
Re: My 4G ZTE Is Not Connecting To 4G Network by Bossman(m): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
Don't waste your time swapping sims. Even though you got it from UK (which uses the same LTE bands as Nigeria), that particular device is the US version. It only has the LTE bands used in North/South America - LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 12(700).

https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_zmax_pro-8096.php

(1) (Reply)

I Have 16,000N Pls I Need Suggestions On A Good Andriod Phone To Buy. / Flash Share App APK For Android And Blackberry. / Gionee A1 Lite Review: One Month Later.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.