Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me (1010 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Man Rains Money On His Pastor In Church (Photos, Video) / Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Icecream4U(m): 12:38am On Feb 09, 2018
I have been seeing this "first fruit" thing here and there on nairaland but I never believed people actually do it until my neighbor confided in me because he needed me to assist him with his house rent.

His house rent (150k per year) expired December last year and he has not been able to renew it despite the fact that he earns 120k monthly salary.

He came to me to help him with the money that he would repay with interest saying his landlady is impatient and abusive. I told him i don't have cos I know he earns almost that 150k in a month.

So, what is really happening?

He told me he made some financial commitment in his church. What about your January salary? I asked. At least, I can support you with like 50k so you can add to it to pay the rent but I was shocked when he told me he has given it to his pastor as "first fruit" as he normally does.

Chineke! shocked My mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe what my ears just heard. How could a full grown man sink himself into an avoidable financial difficulty and go about looking for money to borrow? Could it be jazz?
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by wahles(m): 12:53am On Feb 09, 2018
Whatever rocks his boat I guess
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by kobosmart(m): 1:05am On Feb 09, 2018
No give am sh*t the guy dey craze abi u sef no sabi give first fruit abi? Mtcheew
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by petra1(m): 8:37am On Feb 09, 2018
Icecream4U:

He told me he made some financial commitment in his church. What about your January salary? I asked. At least, I can support you with like 50k so you can add to it to pay the rent but I was shocked when he told me he has given it to his pastor as "first fruit" as he normally does.

Chineke! shocked My mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe what my ears just heard. How could a full grown man sink himself into an avoidable financial difficulty and go about looking for money to borrow? Could it be jazz?

It’s not honorable for you to bring such a matter here about your friend . If he has used the money to deposit for a car or invest in a business you probably won’t have problem with that . But because it is given to God . Giving to God is not a loss. It’s an investment . If you want to loan him do or keep quiet

1 Like

Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Buterflylion: 8:52am On Feb 09, 2018
Icecream4U:
I have been seeing this "first fruit" thing here and there on nairaland but I never believed people actually do it until my neighbor confided in me because he needed me to assist him with his house rent.

His house rent (150k per year) expired December last year and he has not been able to renew it despite the fact that he earns 120k monthly salary.

He came to me to help him with the money that he would repay with interest saying his landlady is impatient and abusive. I told him i don't have cos I know he earns almost that 150k in a month.

A lot of you are simply attention seekers who wish to lie your way around nairaland.

His rent is 150k A YEAR. he earns 120k A MONTH. first fruit is once a year and the remaining 11 months is his own and he somehow does not have his 150k yearly rent to pay yet earned 1.32million naira as salary for the remaining 11 months.

Even if he made some financial commitment your story still does not add up.

That's an aside. Your neighbour does not know he has a betrayer as a neighbour. I wish he did.

2 Likes

Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Icecream4U(m): 1:07am On Feb 10, 2018
Buterflylion:

A lot of you are simply attention seekers who wish to lie your way around nairaland.

His rent is 150k A YEAR. he earns 120k A MONTH. first fruit is once a year and the remaining 11 months is his own and he somehow does not have his 150k yearly rent to pay yet earned 1.32million naira as salary for the remaining 11 months.

Even if he made some financial commitment your story still does not add up.

That's an aside. Your neighbour does not know he has a betrayer as a neighbour. I wish he did.
well, you can choose to believe or not to believe. It doesn't change anything. You don't expect me to ask him how he has been spending his salaries just because he is asking me for money, Do you?
What caught my attention was the "first fruit" cos I never believed people actually do it.
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Dekatron(m): 2:14am On Feb 10, 2018
petra1:

It’s not honorable for you to bring such a matter here about your friend . If he has used the money to deposit for a car or invest in a business you probably won’t have problem with that . But because it is given to God . Giving to God is not a loss. It’s an investment . If you want to loan him do or keep quiet

First, you said this::
If he has used the money to deposit for a car or invest in a business you probably won’t have problem with that

then you went on:
But because it is given to God . Giving to God is not a loss. It’s an investment . If you want to loan him do or keep quiet

Lets look at these.

If you invest 30,000 into a business, depending on your skills, you can reap your rewards anytime. Its guaranteed. In his case, he has invested in god, so why god isnt paying his house rent?

Now look at what you typed and tell me if you made sense.

1 Like

Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 10, 2018
Just to trend you people just keep speaking lies.. Haba 150k rent, after collecting 120k per month, is either your friend has no iota of financial planning or you are just a bloody liar. And he shouldn't have even confided in a basketmouth friend.
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by esere827: 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
Icecream4U:

Dude if someone comes to you asking for a loan (not dash o), what you should be thinking of is:
1) Do you have the idle money to loan?
2) Is the person credible enough to return the loan?
3) Is there profit you can make from the loan?

No need mocking him. He believes in God. That should not be a problem to you.
Instead help him stretch his faith a bit to your advantage too,

I would lend him on the condition that he returns it with interest. Afterall if God truly blesses him, there should be an overflow that I can chop from. If on the other hand God doesnt bless him, well you are no worse than who received his money in the first place
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Icecream4U(m): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Tosinex:
Just to trend you people just keep speaking lies.. Haba 150k rent, after collecting 120k per month, is either your friend has no iota of financial planning or you are just a bloody liar. And he shouldn't have even confided in a basketmouth friend.
He is not my friend bro. Just a neighbor.

Secondly, He needs help and he believes I'm the one that can render that help to him. Hence, he has to open up.
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 11, 2018
Icecream4U:

Lies,if ur folktale/story is true that means the guy is a wasteful spender not the first fruit error U depend upon
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Saverin: 8:16am On Feb 11, 2018
Icecream4U

grin people do crazy stuffs in the name of God but your story doesn't add up
Re: He Gave "First Fruit" To His Pastor, Now He Needs financial assistance from me by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Icecream4U:

It is not jazz. He just lack understanding. Many preachers are not teaching this aspect of giving as they restrict it to money. First fruit entails whatever thing God bless you with, this include your child. Your first child belongs to God.Your first salary,profit income, fruit from the ground belongs to God. Your time belongs to God. But you have the choice to either choose to comply or not. It is better you do it freely instead of being cajoled by one preacher. The question is, did your friend heard from God before giving out first fruit or his pastor cajoled him to give?. If yes then same God that told him to sow will surely provide hence he doesn't need to beg you.( that's if your story is true). First fruit not necessary mean it must be in the church. It can be in orphanage, beggers and among others. This depends on where the lord what's you to give.

(1) (Reply)

God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness / How Is Jesus Both God And Man? / Wish To Help The Poor And Needy Even More In 2019 Than In 2018, How About You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.