Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Look At You Laptop Or Desktop Keyboard. There are Bumps On The J and F Keys. Why - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Look At You Laptop Or Desktop Keyboard. There are Bumps On The J and F Keys. Why (1157 Views)

Is This A Fake Apple Laptop Or Is There Something Wrong? / You Can Contact Me For Scrap Laptop Or Desktop,what's Sap Or Call..08022771681 / What To Do If Your Laptop Or Desktop Screen Suddenly Turns Upside Down. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look At You Laptop Or Desktop Keyboard. There are Bumps On The J and F Keys. Why by focusnow: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2018
I recently worked with laptop whose keyboard is the standard normal arrangement of keys. So I had difficulty finding where the period (.) was placed. This led made me take a more detailed look at the keyboard and found what am writing about.

I discovered that whether it’s a laptop keyboard or a desktop, there is a ridge or bump on 2 keys; the F key and the J key. I checked about 6 different computer keyboards both laptop and desktop; all have the same feature, so I decided to find out and this is what I learnt.

The The small bumps or ridges found on the F and J keys on a computer keyboard are to help users correctly keep their left and right hands without having to look at the keyboard. If you type the way it should, you probably know that the fingers on you left hand are kept on ASDF keys while the ones on your right are kept on the JKL; keys. So without looking at your hands, those small ridges will help you feel the correct position of your left index finger on the F and the right index finger on the J by feeling the small bumps on the keys.

Once you're hands are correctly positioned on the home row key position, you should be able keep the remainder of your fingers on the remaining keys while keeping your eye off the keyboard
SEE MORE COMPUTER TRICKS @ www.itechdis.com
Re: Look At You Laptop Or Desktop Keyboard. There are Bumps On The J and F Keys. Why by alasco1(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2018
Good observation!
Re: Look At You Laptop Or Desktop Keyboard. There are Bumps On The J and F Keys. Why by Rebuke: 11:31am On Feb 09, 2018
My Mind never would go there in donkey years. shocked shocked
Re: Look At You Laptop Or Desktop Keyboard. There are Bumps On The J and F Keys. Why by meobizy(f): 4:28am On Sep 05, 2018
The J key's bump on my lappy has chopped since God knows when. It makes locating the keys difficult for me. I sometimes have to trace from F down to J by counting two keys to the right.
My mentor who suggested touch typing for me can find the proper key placement even when sleepy. The guy has touch typed so long it is second nature for him.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh And Clean Dell Inspiron 3421 Touch Screen CORE I3 FOR SALE / My PC Is Malfunctioning, Please Help. / HP Elitebook 840 G4 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.