Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,126 members, 7,953,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? (4048 Views)

If You Don't Remember This, Then You're Still A Kid / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Television Commercials? / Top 7 Nostalgic Nigerian TV Commercials To Take You Down Memory Lane [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by tellodds: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2018

Even though they were last shown more than a decade ago, we can still re-watch these timeless adverts thanks to Youtube.

MTN ‘Sharp Guy’ Tv Commercial

A creation of ad agency SO & U, the ad features a man, obviously a student in a tertiary educational institution setting who went overboard by dropping his phone with a lady who had repeatedly turned down his advances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C25SH_0y_xw
The male student’s gamble paid off when hours later he used a borrowed phone to call his line and finally got a chance to speak with his dream girl who having picked up the ‘lost phone’ simply waited for a call from the ‘forgetful owner’.

MTN ‘Dance with Me’ Tv Ad

With Enrique Iglesias 2001 pop hit ‘Hero’ playing in the background, ‘Dance with Me’ was a romantic affair featuring a couple having a long distance call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p23Vu_pwXAk
The lady and her ‘Hero’ pauses talk to share an over-the-phone dance de-emphasizing their distance barrier.

MTN ‘Na Boy’ Tv Ad
This ‘Joy of Grandmotherhood’ doesn’t need an explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9srw0_j-V4
Relevant to mention is the fast-spread jubilation among the young, sleeping and market-trading populace in the community who trooped around the elated grandmother to celebrate the phone-transmitted good news from her son about the birth of her new grandson.

MTN ‘Sunrise’ ad
You’d forgive me for sharing almost romance-only MTN commercials if you recall this memorable advert which has the male actor taking view advantage of a captivating, orange-glowing and window-piercing sunshine to remind his dialled up lover of her illuminating presence in his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVNNrIlnBy0

https://tellodds.com/early-mtn-tv-commercials/
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by DivinelyBlessed: 8:53am On Feb 10, 2018
Where you get all these ads from? Way back
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by muhammed50(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2018
I don't think I have seen these before!
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by KGBEAST(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
muhammed50:
I don't think I have seen these before!
Indomie generation spotted, you should be calling me Uncle when next you see me grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by hahn(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Back then when sim cards cost N40,000

Chai e don tey wey MTN dey scam us grin

1 Like

Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by muhammed50(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
KGBEAST:

Indomie generation spotted, you should be calling me Uncle when next you see me grin grin grin grin
wehdone Uncle
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by tellodds: 6:26am On Feb 11, 2018
muhammed50:
wehdone Uncle

You have a point. Companies segment adverts to locations according to cultural bias
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by Feraz(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
KGBEAST:

grin grin grin

hahn:

LMAO!!! And na CD pack e dey then...with many booklets. grin

Mehn!!! I miss these adverts. Then, I always look forward to watching the sunrise own; dude was a smooth talker, handsome and had the charisma. To top it up, the girl fine and the smile alone sef... It was my best MTN advert.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by hahn(m): 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Feraz:
LMAO!!! And na CD pack e dey then...with many booklets. grin

Mehn!!! I miss these adverts. Then, I always look forward to watching the sunrise own; dude was a smooth talker, handsome and had the charisma. To top it up, the girl fine and the smile alone sef... It was my best MTN advert.

One comedian even made a joke of it the girl was a Warri babe. Lol

But dem real scam us sha. The same sim is now basically free sad
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by Feraz(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
hahn:

One comedian even made a joke of it the girl was a Warri babe. Lol

But dem real scam us sha. The same sim is now basically free sad
LOL! Na so oh! People these days break SIMs once they have served their purposes and get new ones. If e still cost like then, then for try am? grin

Then again, you get to understand people who find it difficult porting to another network when you recall how pricey SIMs were then.
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by hahn(m): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Feraz:
LOL! Na so oh! People these days break SIMs once they have served their purposes and get new ones. If e still cost like then, then for try am? grin

Then again, you get to understand people who find it difficult porting to another network when you recall how pricey SIMs were then.

Yeah. That one dey

And if you have kept your sim for that long there is no way you can let it go. It just becomes habit
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by tellodds: 6:46am On Feb 12, 2018
hahn:

grin
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by tellodds: 6:47am On Feb 12, 2018
hahn:

Some folks with money only enough for a sim card bought one and carefully wrapped it in A4 paper or in a cello taped pack in wait for a phone
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by hahn(m): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2018
tellodds:

Some folks with money only enough for a sim card bought one and carefully wrapped it in A4 paper or in a cello taped pack in wait for a phone

Hahahaha
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by Feraz(m): 10:41am On Feb 12, 2018
tellodds:

ROFL!!!!
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by OKUCHI11(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
chain...I don old....sha
Re: Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? by OKUCHI11(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2018
chai...I don old....sha..

(1) (Reply)

Link To Download "Hustle" Nigerian Series / Who Was Ramsey Noah's Elder Brother? / Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.