Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) (5063 Views)

Why Is A 13 Pin Gearbox Not Repairable / My Car In Police Custody?? / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
I was a victim of the Accident at involving a Dangote Cement truck at NNPC Mega Filling Station Enugu. I want the advice of car experts to ascertain if my car is salvageable and how it can be done. It's a new Belgium Toyota Camry 2001 model and barely a year since I got it.
Some persons said its impossible to repair that kind of damage and that I should sue Dangote Cement for damages which I'm planning to do tomorrow. As a medical doctor, my ability to respond to emergency situations is impeded by this very difficult situation.
I am still grateful to God for sparing my life and the life of other drivers at the NNPC queue.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by dingbang(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Chai
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by BruncleZuma: 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Yes...be ready to be extensively ripped off...but it'll and can be fixed.
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by Immatex(m): 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Yes. But its not worth the stress and funds.

Go get another car by any means possible.

Involve the authorities to see how much you can get from the offending vehicle.

Then, make it up and get yourself a new vehicle. Its a better and quicker option than fixing this car.

11 Likes

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 7:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Yes...be ready to be extensively ripped off...but it'll and can be fixed.
Thanks for your advice. I heard that the car would be cut into half and another car's boot welded to it.
how feasible and durable would that be
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Immatex:

Yes. But its not worth the stress and funds.

Go get another car by any means possible.

Involve the authorities to see how much you can get from the offending vehicle.

Then, make it up and get yourself a new vehicle. Its a better and quicker option than fixing this car.

What's the estimated cost for such a procedure?? I intend suing the company. From the way I see their vehicles abandoned I wonder what insurance policy they use.
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by BruncleZuma: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
okokobioko7210:

Thanks for your advice. I heard that the car would be cut into half and another car's boot welded to it.
how feasible and durable would that be

That's the beginning...it's doable as far as your chassis is in order.
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
Do not waste your time & resources on this fruitless enterprise.

Get a good lawyer to sue Dangote Group for 15Million Naira for this damage.

You can also copy Dangote himself. His office is located on the 9th floor of the Union Marble House at Falomo.

His confirmed email address is - "aliko.dangote@dangote.com"

Goodluck!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by Immatex(m): 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
okokobioko7210:

What's the estimated cost for such a procedure?? I intend suing the company. From the way I see their vehicles abandoned I wonder what insurance policy they use.

I will be lying to say I have the answer but fixing your vehicle will cost between 150-200k as it requires intricate body works. And it wont come out like it used to be and might also go out of alignment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
BruncleZuma:

That's the beginning...it's doable as far as your chassis is in order.
I believe the back axle is bad because the back tire is impinging in the body
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by RZArecta2(m): 11:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Keep the car as evidence in case of court case, get paid your compensation, cut your losses and sell this thing off as scrap

4 Likes

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by makavele: 12:42am On Feb 12, 2018
comprehensive insurances of less than 60k
per yr would have saved you all these headaches
This is totaled and you would have gotten a new car
while u sip coffee at home

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2018
makavele:

I see you. So sad. And the insurance company will pay sharply and do all the leg work going after dangotes insurance to pay them back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 6:11am On Feb 12, 2018
RZArecta2:
Keep the car as evidence in case of court case, get paid your compensation, cut your losses and sell this thing off as scrap
Thanks for the advice. It's with the Police now. Proceedings for the case would be today since it happened on a weekend
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 6:12am On Feb 12, 2018
makavele:
That's a good idea. I really have no idea how insurance systems do operate in Nigeria. Any good and reliable insurance company you can recommend??
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by axamansard(f): 6:44am On Feb 12, 2018
okokobioko7210:

No matter the insurance policy, either third party or comprehensive, they are liable, try settling out of court, dangote will pay you for your loss, just write to them, and they will in turn notify their insurance company. But Since you don't have comprehensive insurance you will have to go through the stress of reinstatement or replacement of your vehicle by dangote all by yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2018
okokobioko have you hear? No fight Govt o!
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by axamansard(f): 6:53am On Feb 12, 2018
okokobioko7210:

That's a good idea. I really have no idea how insurance systems do operate in Nigeria. Any good and reliable insurance company you can recommend??

Check out this thread, it will you an insight on how insurance operates.

https://www.nairaland.com/4304807/explanation-how-insurance-works
https://www.nairaland.com/4339448/true-story-insurance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by makavele: 8:57am On Feb 12, 2018
okokobioko7210:

She replied up there.
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by laivwire(m): 9:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
Infact your username has just summed up my feelings about this your predicament.

2 Likes

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by laivwire(m): 9:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
okokobioko7210:
I was a victim of the Accident at involving a Dangote Cement truck at NNPC Mega Filling Station Enugu. I want the advice of car experts to ascertain if my car is salvageable and how it can be done. It's a new Belgium Toyota Camry 2001 model and barely a year since I got it.
Some persons said its impossible to repair that kind of damage and that I should sue Dangote Cement for damages which I'm planning to do tomorrow. As a medical doctor, my ability to respond to emergency situations is impeded by this very difficult situation.
I am still grateful to God for sparing my life and the life of other drivers at the NNPC queue.
Infact your username has just summed up my feelings about this your predicament.

3 Likes

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by RZArecta2(m): 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
okokobioko7210:

Thanks for the advice. It's with the Police now. Proceedings for the case would be today since it happened on a weekend
should I say you're lucky it's a wealthy company like Dangote, I'll advice against next car, you should strongly consider comprehensive insurance. God bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by axamansard(f): 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
What's the update on the loss settlement, hope it's progressing
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 14, 2018
okokobioko7210:

Any car is repairable.

Your car is not economically repairable. It's a POS Camry and not a Bentley or rare Lambhorgini.

Would you put your family in the repaired car?

1 Like

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by justi4jesu(f): 7:20am On Feb 14, 2018
If you need genuine Paypal funds to pay your suppliers

Contact me on whatsapp. smiley

1 Like

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by DisGuy: 11:14am On Feb 14, 2018
okokobioko7210:

how feasible and durable would that be???

Hmm

okokobioko7210:

Medical doctor...?
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by DisGuy: 11:16am On Feb 14, 2018
Glad no major injury

1 Like

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Medical doctor...?

[/quote]

We are not supposed to know everything about life. Its only the few that we come in contact with, that's how we expand our knowledge. We might know the basics of insurance but not the intricate details.

2 Likes

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
axamansard:
What's the update on the loss settlement, hope it's progressing

Still working on it. Meet with the company representative yesterday and have submitted a memo about the accident to him. I am hoping that the company would respond positively. cry

I also met the driver of the truck and this was his 1st time on that road so he didn't know he had to slow down early enough before the brake failed him. Funny enough he was walking freely in new clothes without handcuffs outside the police station... undecided
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by DisGuy: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
okokobioko7210:

Still working on it. Meet with the company representative yesterday and have submitted a memo about the accident to him. I am hoping that the company would respond positively. cry

I also met the driver of the truck and this was his 1st time on that road so he didn't know he had to slow down early enough before the brake failed him. Funny enough he was walking freely in new clothes without handcuffs outside the police station... undecided

Perhaps because being involved in an accident is not exactly a crime...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by okokobioko7210(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
DisGuy:

Perhaps because being involved in an accident is not exactly a crime...
Maybe. Since no one is pressing charges after 72 hrs he might be free to go
Re: Please! Is My Car Repairable??? (photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
okokobioko7210:

I also met the driver of the truck and this was his 1st time on that road so he didn't know he had to slow down early enough before the brake failed him. Funny enough he was walking freely in new clothes without handcuffs outside the police station ... undecided

okokobioko! No be jam e jam your motor? E run? You wound?
Any body die? Na wa o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peugeot 508, have your say / Negotiating Bends At High Speed / Checkout The Engine I Bought Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.