Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

She Stopped Cooking. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Stopped Cooking. (1780 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / Did I Say Anything Wrong To Her? She Stopped Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Stopped Cooking. by dlawsamesq(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2018
We had a little word exchange and she stopped cooking whenever I am around. I still drop feeding allowance every morning but now I am thinking of stopping. Advice needed
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Donald3d(m): 9:41am On Feb 12, 2018
Your wife or .... ?
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Shedrack777: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2018
advice: go get an adult housemaid or give her signs of you marrying again (but no go marry o)

1 Like

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by babythug(f): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2018
Why not resolve the conflict? It's her way of protesting /showing displeasure to the matter at hand so have a discussion and make amend as may be needed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by dlawsamesq(m): 10:30am On Feb 12, 2018
That has been her way since we got married. I am thinking of keeping my money.
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Donald3d(m): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2018
dlawsamesq:
As babythug said , thats her way of protesting , in what manner(tone of voice etc) did you try to resolve the dispute , women are not that hard to tame (except she is extremely stubborn), even if she is, she is your wife , you know her weak points and things you can easily use to persuade her to calm down.
You should probably change the manner (tone in your voice etc) , you use in resolving issues with her

1 Like

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Oyindidi(f): 10:51am On Feb 12, 2018
dlawsamesq:
We had a little word exchange and she stopped cooking whenever I am around. I still drop feeding allowance every morning but now I am thinking of stopping. Advice needed
Enter kitchen go cook

3 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Oyindidi(f): 10:54am On Feb 12, 2018
dlawsamesq:
Men think keeping the money is a punishmentgrin keep your money and see if she will die of hunger

6 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2018
Trust me if you could cook, she would feel threatened that you don't even feel bothered. That's what happens when you have to rely on people for things and they know they are your only hope. Communicating should work out, no need for passive aggression

2 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by ImaIma1(f): 11:10am On Feb 12, 2018
Order a bowl of soup and stew. Remove the name sticker of the restaurant you ordered if from so that it seems like a friend made it for you. That should stir a conversation and lead to a resolution.

4 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by dlawsamesq(m): 11:57am On Feb 12, 2018
ImaIma1:
Order a bowl of soup and stew. Remove the name sticker of the restaurant you ordered if from so that it seems like a friend made it for you. That should stir a conversation and lead to a resolution.

I am a very good cook she knows that, it's just that I came back home exhausted every night but I think I will go with ur advice

1 Like

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by eniolorunfe: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hmm...instead of two adults to sit down and talk with the aim of sorting out their issues and getting to know each other more, they will be playing games upandan....

Why collecting feeding money, when you know you don't plan to cook? people committing 'thiefery' under the guise of protesting / passing across a message. Whenever she needs extra cash, all she has to do is to start vexing and pocketing soup money....lol

2 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by MetroBaba1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
eniolorunfe:

Hmm...instead of two adults to sit down and talk with the aim of sorting out their issues and getting to know each other more, they will be playing games upandan....

Why collecting feeding money, when you know you don't plan to cook? people committing 'thiefery' under the guise of protesting / passing across a message. Whenever she needs extra cash, all she has to do is to start vexing and pocketing soup money....lol

No Be Africans Again

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Acidosis(m): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Buying food outside or ordering food from a friend won't resolve your issues. Try and figure out the underlying problem, and why she has chosen to use food as an attack strategy. Make her understand your displeasure and improve on your communication with your wife.

Meanwhile, the idea of dropping feeding allowance every morning is not a good idea. Make her a part of your finance. Unless the nature of your work does not permit you, it is better to give her a lump sum weekly, monthly or bimonthly. Daily feeding allowance is meant for children because they can't manage finance. Make your wife your manager and she will automatically begin to treat you like the CEO that you are.

9 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by realtalk19: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
dlawsamesq:

hmm it is well. one who has head dnt av cap. u dey try. u stil dey drop allowance,when some wunt even drop at all nd stil meet sumptious meals.

some women annoy me when i hear them taking their hubby for granted

op plz cal her attention to her sudden behavior nd resolve it. dnt stop doing ur responsibility.

1 Like

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Agbaletu: 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
dlawsamesq:
Why dropping feeding allowance every morning?
I think it is high time we discouraged this. It is better you make it monthly or bi-monthly.

2 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by dlawsamesq(m): 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
I always give her money to buy food stuff monthly. the money I always drop is for running cost. She is not doing anything presently since she just put to bed so I made it my obligation to drop something daily to complement what I have given her already.

2 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by ImaIma1(f): 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
dlawsamesq:

I am a very good cook she knows that, it's just that I came back home exhausted every night but I think I will go with ur advice

As long as you guys love each other and want the marriage to work, everything will be fine.
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
Stop dropping feeding allowance and start cooking for yourself. She will threatened and willing to iron the underlying issues.
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by thorpido(m): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
You didn't say anything about how you have tried to resolve the conflict.
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by bukatyne(f): 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
thorpido:
You didn't say anything about how you have tried to resolve the conflict.

He didn't even say what the conflict was about.

1 Like

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
What is the cause(s) of the problem(s)?
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by grafixdon: 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
In any circumstances, responsible wife shouldn't starve her husband! It's pure evil. Let's call a spade a spade, that woman isn't acting normal. Old challenges demand new approaches, slash the feeding allowance into 2, go to good restaurant and feed your stomach. Don't even expect her food anymore.

When she's finally come to her senses, if she prepare you meal, don't eat it, reject her food for complete 5days, that way she'd realise that she has overstep her boundaries. What nonsense! There're numerous ways of protesting your displeasure, starving your husband ain't one of them.

Over pampered Adult. Nonsense!
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Opentokwowledge: 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
Yes, Stop dropping feeding allowance. Her brain go sharpaly chop reset.
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by diportivo: 12:28am On Feb 13, 2018
dlawsamesq:
I always give her money to buy food stuff monthly. the money I always drop is for running cost. She is not doing anything presently since she just put to bed so I made it my obligation to drop something daily to complement what I have given her already.

if this arrangement suits u as the head of the house,Pls continue

don't let anybody tell u how to run ur home.....na so dem go talk say monthly or quarterly like say all home front situations na same angry

ur wife is protesting....she knows u can cook so she's not punishing u

use something she likes to entice her so dat u guys can talk Abt the situation on ground

she's ur wife..u know her more
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Richy4(m): 2:17am On Feb 13, 2018
Just storm the kitchen man... and make sure u cook something.. that the aroma alone, Esau would be willing to sell his birth right the second time.. make sure after eating no left overs just to register your displeasure too..After eating the nice dish alone, you guys can reconcile smiley
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Tinalex(f): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2018
Op please I know her mode of protesting is childish but on behalf on her and other women acting same I say "we are sorry". But note, men are guilty of something " not saying I am sorry". You and your wife had a spat n you just put on your cloth and walk out only for you to come back and expect things to pick up just as before the fight. No its not done, when you come back call her and say I am sorry except if shez at fault ooo. Thanks for reading

2 Likes

Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
Oyindidi:
Men think keeping the money is a punishmentgrin keep your money and see if she will die of hunger
women think if dey dnt cook we wld die
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by dlawsamesq(m): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
thanks to everyone... I am grateful for your advices.
Re: She Stopped Cooking. by Oyindidi(f): 6:04am On Feb 14, 2018
nnamdiokere45:
women think if dey dnt cook we wld die
Lol, funny guy

(1) (Reply)

I need help / Should I Marry Her? / I Ask Him Watin His Wife Born And He Wasn't Proud/happy To Say It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.