Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. (446 Views)

Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video) / Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition / Nigerians With Property In UK Panic Over Unexplained Wealth Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
*Nigerian landlords in UK panic over new property law*

New UK property law, says explain the source of your income or forfeit to Government.

Officers of the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, involved in Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme, VAIDS, said they have been inundated with calls from Nigerians in the United Kingdom seeking to inquire about how the new UK government Unexplained Wealth Orders, UWOs would affect their property in that country.
A source close to the finance ministry told PREMIUM TIMES on Sunday that the pressure from Nigeria property owners in United Kingdom was so overwhelming on Friday that at a point the dedicated hotlines for inquires crashed due to excessive pressure.
The source who requested that his name should not be revealed as he was not authorised to speak on the issue said the volume of inquiries have been overwhelming, particularly in the last 72 hours after the UK government announced the new UWOs regulation.
The UK government’s UWO which came into effect last week requires foreign owners of properties in the country to furnish the relevant tax authorities with details of the source of funding for such properties or risk forfeiture.
Under the new law, property owners could forfeit any property or a combination of properties valued at about £50,000 (about N25 million) or above, for which there are no adequate explanation on the legal source of funding for the acquisition of such properties.
Property owners appear to be battling with a two-pronged pressure to keep their assets from tax authorities in Nigeria and abroad.
Apart from the UK government’s UWO, the then Acting President Yemi Osinbajo had signed an executive order on June 29, 2017, to introduce a new tax policy, VAIDS, granting amnesty by way of full immunity from prosecution for tax defaulters. Read more

Source:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/258310-nigerians-property-uk-panic-new-law.html#
Re: Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by friendlyadvice: 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thief
Re: Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
friendlyadvice:
Thief

You be thief ? I no be thief
You be robber ? I no be robber

Arguments argument argue.

Just in Fella voice o, na you even just remind me self.
Re: Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by friendlyadvice: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

You be thief ? I no be thief
You be robber ? I no be robber

Arguments argument argue.

Just in Fella voice o, na you even just remind me self.

thief do you remember me? 08032773199
Re: Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
UK government says foreigners should revealed the sources through which their properties were acquired or risk forfeiture and there was panicking in the land.

Do I need to inform oga lalasticlala about this?
Re: Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
friendlyadvice:

thief do you remember me? 08032773199

Did minister of finance tell you say I don get properties in UK?
Re: Nigerians In UK Panic Over New Property Law. by friendlyadvice: 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

Did minister of finance tell you say I don get properties in UK?

once a thief will always be a thief

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Affordable Quality Tiles From Us Watsapp 08169606527 / Please Help On Accommodation In Itori, Ogun State / 3 Bedroom And Mini Flat For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.