Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu (36050 Views)

Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Ugwu Farming. (pics) / How To Become A Billionaire From Farming / Make Good Money From Farming Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Farming is our inherent property, it’s a pity to see people, especially the youths, neglect the resources for an unsure and unstable one. Well, it’s not too late to make a change; when you are convinced and ready to build a career in agriculture.

Fluted pumpkin botanically called Telfairia occidentalis and Ugwu in the Nigerian parlance is one of the edible nutritious vegetables in existence.

This farm produce has the potential to make any serious-minded individual rich for life. People have made a lot of money from this vegetable. One advantage it has over all other vegetables is that it is universally accepted across all cultures and tribe and a very palatable vegetable. Health wise, it is what the body needs to perform wonderfully well. So, these qualities are what made the vegetable superior to others; the fact that its demand is very high made it a very lucrative business opportunity. But the problem is that, only few farmers know the basic and required technical skill to actually successfully plant this vegetable; starting from planting the seeds in the soil to harvesting and storage procedures. Most people delve into the business ignorantly, at the end got their hands burnt.

However, with our experience in this business, we assure you of a successful farming experience with bumper harvest as we take you through the processes involved in successful planting of this vegetable from start to harvest.

5 Likes

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
BREAKDOWN ANALYSIS FOR UGU FARM ON A PLOT OF LAND

A farmer can get over ten standard beds of ugu on a plot of land.

The measurement of a standard ugu bed is 20ft width and 30ft length and about sixty (60) bunches of can be derived from a bed. The retailer sells each one hundred naira which means he/she makes a profit of 60xN100= N6000 from each bed.

LAND DIMENSION/COST
A standard plot of 60 x 120 will contain 12 beds of ugu using the standard ugu bed measurement which is 20 x 30.

Land lease is N5000/plot.

SEED REQUIREMENT
To plant a full standard bed of ugu a farmer will need about 250 seeds which means 250 holes per bed.

In total for a plot of land the farmer will need to plant 250 x 12beds = 3000 seeds for a plot of land.

A paint bucket contains 300 to 320 seeds so about ten bucket of seeds will be needed.

A bucket of seed is sold for N5000 x 10= N50,000

MANURING
For a plot of land, a farmer will need about 7 bags of dry manure and each cost about N800 per bag which is N800 x 7bags =N5,600.

LABOUR
The labour cost is based on negotiation however, the standard charge is N250per bed × 12 beds= N3000 for a plot. This may vary.

BREAKDOWN SUMMARY
Land lease ……………… 5000

Seed planting............ 4,500 x 10

Manure …………….........800 x 7

Labour ……………......... 250 x 12

Fertilizer …………….......9500 x 2

Wetting …………...........1400 x 2(x2/ week)

Pesticide ………………....3600

Total = N84,000

EXPECTED RETURN ON INVESTMENT

A bed of sells for N2500 during the normal or wet season and goes as high as N5,000 per bed during the dry season. However, this depends on how full the bed is.

2,500/bed x 12beds = N30,000 every 3 weeks.

5,000/bed x 12 beds = N60,000 every 3 weeks.

Imagine if you do this on an acre or hectare.

1 acre =N180,000 every 3 weeks

Ugu is in high demand and very lucrative.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 5:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
What is stopping you from going into this lucrative farming business, is it land?

We've got you covered we have land for lease at our farm 5k/plot for one year.

Is it time? We can help you manage your farm all you need to do is wait for your return every 3 weeks.

Is it knowledge?

Check the picture below for an upcoming training that will teach you everything you need to know and make constant cash flow from farming Ugu vegetable.

Is it cash? We show you how to raise cash to farm with loan from the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by readyornot: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Please where is your farm located?
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
readyornot:
Please where is your farm located?

You can contact me for a visit to our farm or for a farm tour.

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by stagger: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2018
What fertilizers are used apart from the compost manure?
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by readyornot: 9:49am On Feb 13, 2018
Brotar:

Badagry... You can contact me for a visit to our farm or for a farm tour.

Although I'm really interested, Badagry is very far for me. I am resident at Delta State.

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by karlboss: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
What if someone has a land far away can you come and plant for the person
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Tosineb: 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
I stay in Agbara I will like to come visit your farm
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Ken4you2000: 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hello thanks for your info .....please after planting how long does it take to start harvesting..
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ken4you2000:
Hello thanks for your info .....please after planting how long does it take to start harvesting..

Harvesting is always a joyous period for every farmer. Harvesting of fluted pumpkin (ugwu) starts about 5 weeks, after transplanting. It continues every 3 weeks till the next 8 months. Harvesting is done by pruning just below the lowest part of a fully grown branch with a sharp knife. Fruits (pods) are harvested at about 10 weeks after fruiting.

5 Likes

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by staysure: 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
nice thread
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Ken4you2000: 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
[Please u didn't include cost of wedding till first havest..]
Am considering investing on it,through ur supervision but really have to know all financial stake..hoping to hear from you
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Emempaul(m): 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
@KALUSAM @ejulafarms abeg come oo una don harvest ugu at 5weeks b4. Pls help out b4 people get their hands burnt ooo

3 Likes

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Dolypson04(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2018
The end product of every production process is marketing. How do you market your ugwu and do you provide market for those that engage your services? Thanks
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
Dolypson04:
The end product of every production process is marketing. How do you market your ugwu and do you provide market for those that engage your services? Thanks

Market is the easier part of the business for us we can buy back from you we are into exportation of ugu.

The last one we exported was not even enough... We are planting now.

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Dolypson04(m): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
Brotar:

Market is the easier part of the business for us we can buy back from you we are into exportation of ugu.

The last one we exported was not even enough... We are planting now.
OK. I will contact you for further discussion

2 Likes

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Emempaul(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
- Wat are ur safety net against price crash or excess supply against demand. Pls dont tell me u export
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Emempaul(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
D type of irrigation u intend using does even support quick spreadin of tendrils. Sir up ur game in ugu farming OYO b ur
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by ghmnoble: 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
Your contact?

I hope you can run the farm for me....what's the implication?
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emempaul:
- Wat are ur safety net against price crash or excess supply against demand. Pls dont tell me u export

Oga as far as I know the demand has always exceeded supply... Right now we have 5 people with cash on ground ready to buy but we don't have cos we are just replanting again... Have u bought ugu from those local sellers around your area recently, check out what they are selling now.

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emempaul:
D type of irrigation u intend using does even support quick spreadin of tendrils. Sir up ur game in ugu farming OYO b ur

Scroll up u will see our irrigation system or better still u can visit our farm to see things yourself

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
karlboss:
What if someone has a land far away can you come and plant for the person

Yes! We can come to assist with the farm set up

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 11:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emempaul:
@KALUSAM @ejulafarms abeg come oo una don harvest ugu at 5weeks b4. Pls help out b4 people get their hands burnt ooo

Nursery takes about 3 weeks before you transplant and wait for another 5 weeks before first harvest that will make about 8 weeks... Are u saying that ugu can't be harvested at 8 weeks?
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 1:27am On Mar 06, 2018
This is from someone that visited our farm last week she sent this to me today...

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by day44: 6:32am On Mar 06, 2018
when are you going to hold another seminar
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by maawi: 10:45am On Mar 06, 2018
You lease your farmland on an annual basis. Does that mean ugu dies after a year?
Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 6:44am On Jul 24, 2018
Harvest time for one of clients yesterday all sold out right on the spot

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 6:45am On Jul 24, 2018
More pics

1 Share

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by Brotar: 1:08am On Jul 29, 2018
Quality and high yielding broad leaf Ugu seeds available for N25/seed.

Minimum order is 200 pieces.

N30 per piece for orders less than 200.

Available only for a limited time.

Call/WhatsApp 081 810 25 811 to order!

1 Like

Re: How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu by restore8(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2018
How can i meet you. I want to trust you and start with a plot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures / See The Green Snake I Killed In My Farm Today (Photos) / Maize Farm Destroyed In Jol Plateau, Helpless Woman In Pains (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.