Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,436 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Gay Nigerian American Who Did Potrait Of Barrack Obama In Smithsonian Musuem - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gay Nigerian American Who Did Potrait Of Barrack Obama In Smithsonian Musuem (452 Views)

Wizkid Meets Barrack Obama And Lebron James / A.N Efam: Army Major Burnt To Death In His Car At Ojo Barrack (Graphic PHOTOS) / Lol! Who Did This To These Ladies Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gay Nigerian American Who Did Potrait Of Barrack Obama In Smithsonian Musuem by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Kehinde Wiley was born in Los Angeles, California in 1977. His father is Yoruba from Nigeria, and his mother is African-American. As a child, his mother supported his interest in art and enrolled him in after-school art classes. At the age of 12, he spent a short time at an art school in Russia.[3]

Wiley did not grow up with his father, and at the age of 20 traveled to Nigeria to explore his roots and meet him.[4] Wiley earned his BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 1999 and his MFA from Yale University, School of Art in 2001.[1]

Wiley identifies as gay

Last fall, it was announced that Barack Obama had selected Kehinde Wiley to paint his official presidential portrait, to be displayed in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C. Wiley’s previous subjects have included music figures such as the Notorious B.I.G., LL Cool J, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Michael Jackson, and more. Earlier today, Wiley’s portrait of the 44th President of the United States was officially unveiled during a ceremony attended by Barack and Michelle Obama, held at the National Portrait Gallery.

“I tried to negotiate less gray hair and Kehinde's artistic integrity would not allow (him) to do what I asked,” Obama joked. “I tried to negotiate smaller ears. Struck out on that as well.” The official portrait of Michelle Obama was also revealed, painted by Amy Sherald. Find those below, and also watch video from the unveiling ceremony.

Re: Gay Nigerian American Who Did Potrait Of Barrack Obama In Smithsonian Musuem by farouk0403(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
Why tagged him as gay? i think it is not necessary

(1) (Reply)

Download The Kwasu Popular Social Network App (andriod App) / Dubai Education Authority Now In Nigeria / : Youths Honours Vice President Of Institute Of Informationmanagement Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.