Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success (1273 Views)

Link To Check Batch 35 NNBTS Shortlist And Interview Date For Nigerian Navy / Good News For Job Seekers: 20 Simple Interview Success Tips / Apply Now: Prime Atlantic Cegelec Nigeria Job Vacancies 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2018
I will be sharing some tips on how to properly differentiate yourself from the competition in order to get the job.

These tips are gotten from years of facing interviews and also being part of interview panels where final selections are made.

I will be posting them in this thread from time to time. Stay tuned wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2018
efesodje:

I will be sharing some tips on how to properly differentiate yourself from the competition in order to get the job.

These tips are gotten from years of facing interviews and also being part of interview panels where final selections are made.

I will be posting them in this thread from time to time. Stay tuned wink

Point 1: Your CV

- your CV should always be tailored to the job you are interested in or applying for
- the only personal information you should have on your cv are your full names and contact details
- Start with a career summary: this highlights your career history to date but in brief form with your key skills (max 4-5 lines, no more)

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 13, 2018
efesodje:

Point 1: Your CV

- your CV should always be tailored to the job you are interested in or applying for
- the only personal information you should have on your cv are your full names and contact details
- Start with a career summary: this highlights your career history to date but in brief form with your key skills (max 4-5 lines, no more)

TO BE CONTINUED

Continuation of Point 1:
- Your CV should be maximum 2 pages in length
-Your work experience should be in the reverse chronological order (most recent experience first)
- Tailor your last 2 most recent positions for the job/industry you are applying for. If you are applying for a Petroleum Engineer job, do a google search on Petroleum Engineer job descriptions and use key words to highlight these on your CV. So you are not screened out by the CV screening softwares that look for relevant keywords for specific jobs
- For your experience don't just list your responsibilities, take time to list your achievements

Remember the employer is only interested in what you can do for him.

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
efesodje:

Continuation of Point 1:
- Your CV should be maximum 2 pages in length
-Your work experience should be in the reverse chronological order (most recent experience first)
- Tailor your last 2 most recent positions for the job/industry you are applying for. If you are applying for a Petroleum Engineer job, do a google search on Petroleum Engineer job descriptions and use key words to highlight these on your CV. So you are not screened out by the CV screening softwares that look for relevant keywords for specific jobs
- For your experience don't just list your responsibilities, take time to list your achievements

Remember the employer is only interested in what you can do for him.

TO BE CONTINUED

End of Point 1: Please be ready to defend everything you wrote in your CV during the interview. Even if you lie at least make it a smart one you can defend. I cannot emphasize this enough. I have seen people come in for interviews and have no idea what's on their CVs cheesy

If you send out multiple applicationsafter tailoring your CVs for each, make sure you keep each application detail in a folder and name the folder the job you applied for, e.g Financial Analyst position-KPMG 3rd June 2017

I have a lot of books to give out for free on cv creation and interviews. These helped me many years while starting out in the labour market after NYSC. I will send the documents soon.

Watch out for Point 2: The Interview

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
efesodje:

End of Point 1: Please be ready to defend everything you wrote in your CV during the interview. Even if you lie at least make it a smart one you can defend. I cannot emphasize this enough. I have seen people come in for interviews and have no idea what's on their CVs cheesy

If you send out multiple applicationsafter tailoring your CVs for each, make sure you keep each application detail in a folder and name the folder the job you applied for, e.g Financial Analyst position-KPMG 3rd June 2017

I have a lot of books to give out for free on cv creation and interviews. These helped me many years while starting out in the labour market after NYSC. I will send the documents soon.

Watch out for Point 2: The Interview

TO BE CONTINUED

Point 2: The Interview

Before we start the training, here is an Interview Book that can help you. I will be uploading at least 2 books a day, so this is the first one for today. Download it below. To your success wink

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Redder97(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
following. Thanks sir
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
Redder97:
following.
Thanks sir

You are welcome brother.
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
Point 2 - Continuation: I will attach some more books tomorrow

Point 2 Section 1: You've been notified for an interview - there are various stages of interviews. For bigger companies like the Shells, the Nestle's, Cadbury's etc you could have up to 4 stages (yes that's how difficult it is to get jobs in these types of companies). For other smaller ones you could have just one interview.

Point 2 Section 1.2: For most companies the first stage is a phone screen called a phone interview. This is done by recruiters or HR personnel to screen out candidates in order to get the few very qualified ones to come for the face to face interview.

Phone Interview to be continued.
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 18, 2018
efesodje:
Point 2 - Continuation: I will attach some more books tomorrow

Point 2 Section 1: You've been notified for an interview - there are various stages of interviews. For bigger companies like the Shells, the Nestle's, Cadbury's etc you could have up to 4 stages (yes that's how difficult it is to get jobs in these types of companies). For other smaller ones you could have just one interview.

Point 2 Section 1.2: For most companies the first stage is a phone screen called a phone interview. This is done by recruiters or HR personnel to screen out candidates in order to get the few very qualified ones to come for the face to face interview.

Phone Interview to be continued.

Continuation - Phone Interviews

Attached 3 more documents below. Having trouble sending the larger ones as most are over the nairaland limit of 250KB

Back to the phone interview. As discussed earlier the phone interview is used by HR personnel and recruiters to screen out candidates from the pool. Basically they ask you questions based on your CV to make sure everything is aligned. Then they give you a brief explanation of the job they are recruiting for and ask you if you have experience in doing this type of job or if you have the knowledge of certain processes/procedures/software's etc used in the job.

Your one and only goal is to pass this gate into the face to face interview.

Some tips:

1. Schedule your phone interview for a time of day where you have no distractions (out of the office/no kids around/ no football blaring from the TV etc)
2. Have your CV on the table to guide you as you talk
3. Stand up and walk around while talking. It boosts your adrenaline and confidence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Redder97:
following.
Thanks sir

Are you schooling or working or actively searching?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Redder97(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
efesodje:

Are you schooling or working or actively searching?

Schooling. well done sir
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Redder97:

Schooling.
well done sir

Ok. Good to know you are learning how to survive and conquer the job market ahead of your graduation. Send me your acct number let me send you just a token for use at school.
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Redder97(m): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
efesodje:

Ok. Good to know you are learning how to survive and conquer the job market ahead of your graduation. Send me your acct number let me send you just a token for use at school.

wow!! shocked
efesodje:

wow!!!
I can't believe this

Thank you sir.
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Redder97:

wow!! shocked

wow!!!
I can't believe this.

1130192839----Skye bank.

Thank you sir.

Done. Check your acct balance. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Redder97(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
efesodje:

Done. Check your acct balance. Stay blessed
Yes,confirmed sir..
Almighty God bless you abundantly. Thank you very much couldn't believe this,wow!. Thanks once again sir. more blessing.
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Redder97:

Yes,confirmed sir..

Almighty God bless you abundantly.
Thank you very much
couldn't believe this,wow!.
Thanks once again sir.
more blessing.

No worries bro. Just face your studies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Redder97(m): 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
efesodje:

No worries bro. Just face your studies.
yes sir.
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by peterfakolujo: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
AutoCAD, Staad Pro, Orion and REVIT training for all.

Our facilitators are registered professionals with years of experience in training and engineering.
Feel free to visit our website or call.

DGR consult
14 Allen Avenue, Centage Plaza, 4th Floor, Ikeja, Lagos
E-Mail:info@dgrconsult.com Website: www.dgrconsult.com

call: 07051388839, 07065756756
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Esthered: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
I wish students, xorp members & people seeking opportunities will read

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by ojoabbey(m): 10:05am On Mar 08, 2018
A leading audit firm is recruiting to fill the position of audit trainee.
Requirements:
•Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in accounting or finance related courses with a minimum of Upper Credit from a recognized polytechnic or university diploma.
• Not more than 24 years of age as at the time of application.
• Behavioural and Attitudinal skills: Dedicated, Hardworking, Quick-witted.
• Technical Skills: Analytical, Numerate skills, and Computer Competency.
• Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should kindly send CVs with “Audit Trainee” as the subject to recruiter.rmx@yahoo.com.

Application Closing Date
March 30, 2018
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by TFeminist(f): 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
We teach archicad and Atlantis, and based in abuja
peterfakolujo pos=65646076:
AutoCAD, Staad Pro, Orion and REVIT training for all.

Our facilitators are registered professionals with years of experience in training and engineering.
Feel free to visit our website or call.

DGR consult
14 Allen Avenue, Centage Plaza, 4th Floor, Ikeja, Lagos
E-Mail:info@dgrconsult.com Website: www.dgrconsult.com

call: 07051388839, 07065756756
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by Namico1: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
Please i want to know if this rNotify recruiting agent are real because they send me an invitation message
Re: Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success by yusman14(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2018
efesodje:

..pls sir i.am a fresher(oau)bt i av sum financial problem

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Question About Nirsal Nibloans Nmfb / How To Stay Focused In Your Dream Career When Facing Defeat / The Future Mathematicians(cauchy, Laplace, Riemann) Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.