Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) (3186 Views)

Christmas: Police Warn Nigerians, List Safety Tips For Travellers / Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) / 5 Essential Safety Tips For Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
This is the tiny egg-shaped home that generates its own electricity and is even light enough to be carried between destinations by helicopter.

The Ecocapsule, which is under 90 square feet, is the brain child of Slovakian designers and can be yours for under $100,000 (£72,000).

Those behind the home say two people can live comfortably in the small space, which has a kitchen, a flushing toilet and a hot shower.

They also say the home can double as a caravan, houseboat or hotel.

It's made from insulated fibreglass shells and an aluminium framework and comes with a 750 watt wind turbine and 880 watts of solar.

Water comes in through the roof and is filtered, with the toilet, using a compost system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-5380761/Tiny-egged-shaped-home-moved-helicopter.html

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
The bedroom in the capsule where the sofa folds down into a bed.

The pod also has its very own sink with running water and a small cooker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by madridguy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
This is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
Someone please remind me.

When is our production of pencils starting? grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by kenevision(m): 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
Explorer's

Let's roll! cool

Very nice initiative and environment friendly.. This is good for young couples and foreign students who always face accommodation problems in diaspora. Is 99/100 from me.

But on the flip side, can someone who is claustrophobic live in these? I would feel the walls closing in on me and choking the life out of me embarassed

3 Likes

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Jasi7(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Amazing innovation this is...
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by smokedfish: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
Explorers at it again

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Someone please remind me.
When is our production of pencils starting? grin
2020 grin

2 Likes

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
kenevision:
Explorer's

Let's roll! cool

Very nice initiative and environment friendly.. This is good for young couples and foreign students who always face accommodation problems in diaspora. Is 99/100 from me.

But on the flip side, can someone who is claustrophobic live in these? I would feel the walls closing in on me and choking the life out of me embarassed

Except if you cant sleep in a car.

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by kenevision(m): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
Explorers:
[/b]

Except if you cant sleep in a car.

I can sleep in a car, once the glass in whined down.

It gives me the confidence that I can jump out, or at least stick my head out in case the imaginary walls start closing in on me grin

But from the look of these egg-shaped homes, their windows are permanently sealed with glass, except I didn't look well.

No matter the amount of AC inside, if I don't see a big opening waiting for me just in case, I will not be comfortable embarassed
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Perge(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
angry

This is obviously inspired by the spaceship used by Ego and Mantis in the Guardians of the Galaxy volume II.

Ego's ship below..

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by jcflex(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
Intresting
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
cool
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by jiddama(f): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Versatile and sustainable

The future of housing crisis in populated regions, just fly your house away or relocate to an ocean wink

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by scarr: 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
Perge:
angry

This is obviously inspired by the spaceship used by Ego and Mantis in the Guardians of the Galaxy volume II.

Ego's ship below..

1. Ask yourself these questions;

When did design for the Egg styled house start?
When did Guardians of the Galaxy start production of the movie?

2. Even if it was? How does it change the fact we're yet to manufacture our own pencils

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by armadeo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
scarr:

1. Ask yourself these questions;

When did design for the Egg styled house start?
When did Guardians of the Galaxy start production of the movie?

2. Even if it was? How does it change the fact we're yet to manufacture our own pencils

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by suxes2005(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2018
How much is shipping and clearing ?

LOL
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by tk4rd: 6:33am On Feb 15, 2018
I need to have this egg-house..
I want to live on one of those small Islands inside River Niger.
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by RaaGhu: 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
I need the GUCCI version!
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by Emerikoss: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
Where can I ordercheesy
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by lastempero: 11:52am On Feb 16, 2018
If na 9ja,kidnappers will kidnap u with ur house.
Re: ₦36million Tiny Egg-shaped Home For Travellers That Generates Its Power(Photos) by tck2000(m): 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
Nice for camping!

(1) (Reply)

Relocating From Lagos To Ilesha, Please I Need Advices From People Based There. / Barber Shop In Copenhagen, Denmark? / Top 10 Coolest Subways Around The World (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.