Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC (26353 Views)

GSM Booster: NCC Warns Against Unauthorized Use Of Telecommunication Boosters / How Much Of GSM Subscriber Base Was Affected By Suspension Of SIM Card Sales? / Thousands Of GSM Numbers Database For Each Local Government In Kogi State Is Ava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Etihadstore: 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
We
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by dollarcoolcat(m): 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
Comin
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by souleymon(m): 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
It's time to import the device into the country, now that it is brought to our awareness

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by obi4eze(m): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
grin
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by pennywys(m): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
GLO and 9MOBILE are stilling my money what exactly NCC got to say about that
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Kashbwoyjnr: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
MrPolitics:
Abeg where can I get one?
Lol, Nigerians Ehn.. But they just told you it is illegal
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Countersam(m): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:
A cellular repeater (also known as cell phone signal booster or amplifier) is a type of bi-directional amplifier used to improve cell phone reception.
Abeg i need am, glo has messed me up.

Let NCC COME TO MY HOUSE
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by meolaniyi(m): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
Who would want to pay extra money to get a booster if NNC had done their job well.
You licenced companies that are giving us substandard sevices and you are also complaing
That we are helping ourselves to improve on it

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Sanchez01: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
gcof:
Please can someone take his/her time to explain what a GSM booster is
It is a device installed within a house, structure or building to further boost the strength of a particular telecommunication signal. The essence is to serve High Value Customers, who though love the telco operator, but are restricted to using certain services such as data and voice.

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by eleojo23: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
Please where can I buy one? wink

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by castrol180(m): 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
Glo, the most useless network I ever know in Africa.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Countersam(m): 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kashbwoyjnr:
Lol, Nigerians Ehn.. But they just told you it is illegal
Are you ghanian? You wont understand until you subscribe to data and cant use it till it expires and they say we should glo with pride

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by GLOBALINF: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
Why is it illegal when one is just trying to get a better and clearance network?
Ok when I make call and I could not hear what the other end is saying yet the gsm operator still charge me!
Is that not illegal? Paying for the service they didn’t render!
I bought 30gig (4g) for 5k since over 2 weeks now I couldn’t use it to send common email! Even nairaland I could not open and test I hv less than 2week for it to expire! Who pay for the loss?
Infact we need restructuring in the telecom industry!

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Sanchez01: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
The NCC seem confused because it is near impossible for an individual to get a booster and have it latch on to the network of his or her choice without getting help from the network guys.

There are standard procedures for getting boosters and it is never given to an individual. Boosters are not like Mi-Fis that one can carry around.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by loomer: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
Which one be gsm booster again?
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by SirLakes: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
pennywys:
GLO and 9MOBILE are stilling my money what exactly NCC got to say about that

Dey are Mäd

The kain stealing those Telecom companies dey do everyday ehn.

You call c-care, dey'll tell you we are sorry. Before the week runs out dey don steal another one.

Thunder Fire ncc
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by chuks34(m): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
If I give una information how much una go pay
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Icon79(m): 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
One of those quack English you can only hear from a Nigerian:

Cellphone = GSM
PC = IBM
Underwear = pants
Plastic bag = polythene bag
Cellphone = Handset (and btw, do y'all have a "leg-set" as well?)
... and I can go on and on

O pari
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by clems88(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
ngwababe:
Make Seun do valentine for us tomorrow kwanu,even if na recharge cards!
seul issa stingy guy . making money with our mb. Common to dash 10kobo he can't angry
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by oz4real83(m): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
For a subscriber to incure extra cost on himself to ''boost phone signal reception'' implies that service is very poor. This is one of the major problems with nigerian institutions and regulatory agencies. They always push the blames and responsibilities that are theirs to others. What is ncc doing to make sure telecom companies improve their services in order to prevent subscribers from using signal boosters?

2 Likes

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by nextstep(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Three things:

1. using a booster can interfere with other signals and degrade service for others
2. if NCC is using monitoring equipment, they can easily see who is using booster
3. In Nigeria, it's one thing to be flagged as a violator, but it's another thing to bribe your way out. Watching...
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by superlanny(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
seunlly:
Ftc!!
Dedicated to St. Valentine
you, ftc and st valentine must be mad!!!
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by clems88(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Make I check am for play store grin
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by eleojo23: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
clems88:
Make I check am for play store grin
It is not an app!
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by VeniJu: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
seunlly:
Ftc!!
Dedicated to St. Valentine
I know everyone will remember me today and tomorrow. I am here. Thanks for the dedication.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by seunlly(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
VeniJu:

I know everyone will remember me today and tomorrow. I am here.
Thanks for the dedication.
Actually it not you.
It my one and only..
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by seunlly(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
superlanny:
you, ftc and st valentine must be mad!!!
I feel your pain bro.
You must be a glo user..

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Raylight2(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
abeg na for Facebook abi twitter them for post am? make I ask them where I go see. the. boaster buy. I get 3.75G. I need the boaster to get 4G network.

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Afamed: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2018
ngwababe:
Make Seun do valentine for us tomorrow kwanu,even if na recharge cards!
You take Style like awoof. lol
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by newoffer: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
NCC BUSY HELPING OUR NETWORK TO REAP US
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by RealGucci: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
abegi
wen d app full playstore
we are back
i mean wayback in technology
fuc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: Caption This Massive Typo Error On Samsung Galaxy Note Advert / Poco M4 Pro 5G Unboxing, First Impressions And Price (photos) / Top 5 Smart Phones With Long Lasting Battery Life In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.