Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It (2633 Views)

Facebook Lite Dark Mode, How To Activate It / Airtel 8x Data And Airtime Bonus On ALL Recharge – See How To Activate It / Airtel Rechargeplus Offer - How The Free 1GB Data Works And How To Activate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by jameshype: 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2018

A few weeks ago, some subscribers started noticing the presence of Airtel 4G LTE on their devices and now, it is live in some part of Ogun, Lagos and Ibadan. Hopefully it would be rolled out to other states soon.

What is Airtel ‘ s 4G Band?

Airtel is runs on Band 3 ( 1800MHz ) which is compatible with almost all 4G enabled smartphones

Here’s the result of Airtel’s 4G Speedtest in Ibadan, the download speed was 28.45 Mbps and upload was 8.77 Mbps.

How To Activate It

Walk in to any airtel office closest to you with your current Airtel SIM and request for a sim swap. After the sim swap, if the network is live in your location , your 4G should be up and running.

You can run a check if Airtel 4G is visible in your location and let me know. Go to your phone
settings – Mobile networks – Network
operators –Search networks .

Tap Search networks to initiate a search. After a short period, a list of available networks will be presented to you.

I’ve also reached out to Airtel for comments on this.

SOURCE: http://alltech.com.ng/airtel-4g-goes-live-in-some-nigerian-cities-heres-how-to-activate-it/
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2018
Tor
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by influenz: 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
After all these years

1 Like

Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 14, 2018
Ok. Good to hear

1 Like

Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2018
influenz:
After all these years
At least it is better than the grandfather of data stuck at brand 28

1 Like

Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:34am On Feb 14, 2018
jameshype:

A few weeks ago, some subscribers started noticing the presence of Airtel 4G LTE on their devices and now, it is live in some part of Ogun, Lagos and Ibadan. Hopefully it would be rolled out to other states soon.

Airtel is runs on Band 3 ( 1800MHz ) which is compatible with almost all 4G enabled smartphones

Here’s the result of Airtel’s 4G Speedtest in Ibadan, the download speed was 28.45 Mbps and upload was 8.77 Mbps.

How To Activate It

Walk in to any airtel office closest to you with your current Airtel SIM and request for a sim swap. After the sim swap, if the network is live in your location , your 4G should be up and running.

You can run a check if Airtel 4G is visible in your location and let me know. Go to your phone

Tap Search networks to initiate a search. After a short period, a list of available networks will be presented to you.

SOURCE: http://alltech.com.ng/airtel-4g-goes-live-in-some-nigerian-cities-heres-how-to-activate-it/

Kindly give credit to the source

3 Likes

Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2018
Someone should confirm the Psn nat type of airtel for me..
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by chubbyman(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
Someone should confirm the Psn nat type of airtel for me..
That will be a Nat type 3, unfortunately Airtel doesn't have Port forwarding unlike mtn where you'll in most cases get a type 2 but it takes a lot of tries to login to your PSN account... Airtel is not bad though despite this shortcoming provided the signal is good in your environment
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2018
chubbyman:

That will be a Nat type 3, unfortunately Airtel doesn't have Port forwarding unlike mtn where you'll in most cases get a type 2 but it takes a lot of tries to login to your PSN account... Airtel is not bad though despite this shortcoming provided the signal is good in your environment
a good speed with a nat type 3 is still junk. I recently bought ntel thinking I will get a type 2, the speed recorded in my area was above 60mbps, I could login easily to psn but nat type was still 3... Its sad though...
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by chubbyman(m): 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
a good speed with a nat type 3 is still junk. I recently bought ntel thinking I will get a type 2, the speed recorded in my area was above 60mbps, I could login easily to psn but nat type was still 3... Its sad though...
Maybe so,my 9mobile also give a Nat type 3 on PSN,I've been trying to find a way to get a Nat type 2 all to no avail so gat no choice but to continue with it most of the data services providers in naija don't really give subscribers the latitude to forward Port so they can enjoy a seamless online game play, it's sad really
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by Lojekunle: 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
jameshype:

How To Activate It

Is the swapping for free
Re: Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It by san4real(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
Lojekunle:

Is the swapping for free
yes, swapping is free, I did mine yesterday in ibadan.

(1) (Reply)

The Internet Will Be Shutting Down In The Next 48hours / What Is Your Experience With Airtel 2gb For N500 / If You Want Your Infinix Phone To Last Longer THEN Stop Doing These!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.