Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

What's The Voltage In Kiev Compared To The US? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Voltage In Kiev Compared To The US? (744 Views)

How Much Is Yam In Canada Compared To Nigeria / Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) / Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Voltage In Kiev Compared To The US? by newcarter32: 2:13am On Feb 14, 2018
I’m already preparing for my trip to Kiev. I will only be there for a week. I’m just accompanying my cousin who’s joining a dating tour being held there. Now, I was wondering if the country had the same electric voltage as the US. Here, the local standard voltage is 110V. Is it the same in there? Do I need to get a converter or something before I can plug anything?

I wanted to make sure that I had all the things that I needed before flying to another continent. I’ll be there for a week so I would need to charge my phone and laptop, use the shaver, those kind of things without blowing anything up.

1 Like

Re: What's The Voltage In Kiev Compared To The US? by chukxie(m): 5:35am On Feb 14, 2018
Google is at your service.

1 Like

Re: What's The Voltage In Kiev Compared To The US? by petridish: 11:23am On Mar 08, 2021
Ah, the unsolved mystery of volts in Europe as an American. I remember burning my phone when we visited Paris a few years ago due to the wrong adaptor. It wasn't a pleasant feeling having to look for a phone in a country that people hate speaking English by choice. It was even more surprising to learn from the receptionist of our hotel that the power grid of the hotel was also bad and it might have been one of the reasons for the incident. Since then every time I do something I always check with the experts from https://www.ashleyedisonuk.com/world-voltages/ in order to make sure that we have the best quality of electricity. I would hate to deliver a house that would burn everything that was plugged in.
Re: What's The Voltage In Kiev Compared To The US? by Victor8st: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
petridish:
Ah, the unsolved mystery of volts in Europe as an American. I remember burning my phone when we visited Paris a few years ago due to the wrong adaptor. It wasn't a pleasant feeling having to look for a phone in a country that people hate speaking English by choice. It was even more surprising to learn from the receptionist of our hotel that the power grid of the hotel was also bad and it might have been one of the reasons for the incident. Since then every time I do something I always check with the experts from https://www.ashleyedisonuk.com/world-voltages/ in order to make sure that we have the best quality of electricity. I would hate to deliver a house that would burn everything that was plugged in.

I'm planning to invest in Africa and this is definitely a consultation we might have to do.

(1) (Reply)

xxxxxxxxx / Direction From Ikeja To Oshodi / Cheap Hotel To Lodge In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.