Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

The Reality Of Praise, Worship And Prayer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reality Of Praise, Worship And Prayer. (720 Views)

Kidnappers Held Prayer, Praise & Worship Sessions For Success - General Rotimi / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of Praise, Worship And Prayer. by petphunt(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
Does the God we have been learned about need our praise? Does he/she need our worship? Does God reward humans for their worship and praise or for their work? Does God answer prayers?

I believe that God is just and impartial therefore if he/she intervenes (which I doubt) in our lives then he/she treats everyone  - Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist and so on - equally. Humans were not born with a religion but into a religion. If I were born of Jewish parents it is very likely that I would grow up in Judaism but if born of Hindu parents, I would grow up in the Hindu faith. Should God favor a man of Buddhist faith better than a man of Jewish faith? No one asks to be born into a particular religion so should anyone suffer for the faith he or she did not choose but born into? God sees everyone with the same "eye". Your faith is of no significance to God. If God rewards then he does according to our work. The lazy shall be rewarded with poverty and the hard worker, wealth. That is the way.

God does not need your praise or worship. God is not so egoistical to crave our praise or worship. Humans have ego so we desire praise and worship to boot the ego. Your praise cannot make God greater than he/she is. Your worship does not make God more powerful or successful. Indeed praise or worship of God only benefits humans because our faith in God is deepened and our expectation from God is magnified. The reality is that God does not respond to them. The prayers we offer do not matter to God because nothing can change God. He/She is what he/she is. Have you ever wondered why everything about nature is so orderly? Do you know why the final of God’s creation is human?

Some basic rules control the universe and these rules were pronounced by the creator. The animals, the trees and everything in this world are subject to our control. There is nothing like fate or destiny on earth. We have to power to make and unmake the world.
Re: The Reality Of Praise, Worship And Prayer. by Mudley313: 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2010
I believe that God is just and[b] impartial [/b] therefore if he/she intervenes (which I doubt) in our lives then he/she treats everyone  - Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist and so on - equally.

u must not be talkin bout the christian god who picks sides in human battles n has a chosen/favourite people (funny how its this same people dat wrote the books in which god claims them as his chosen people)

God does not need your praise or worship. God is not so egoistical to crave our praise or worship. Humans have ego so we desire praise and worship to boot the ego. Your praise cannot make God greater than he/she is. Your worship does not make God more powerful or successful.

again, not the christian god. the christian god desires human praise n worship constantly to feed his overblown ego n wen they die n go to his kingdom, praise n worship is what they n the angels will be doing for eternity to feed their egomaniac god

(1) (Reply)

Salvation Call / Five Ways God Speaks To Us: Hearing The Voice Of God In Our Daily Lives / What Does The Bible Say About The Prosperity Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.