Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS (7512 Views)

How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area? / Nigerians Paid More For Cooking Gas, Diesel, Kerosene & Petrol In May – NBS / Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In April 2019 – Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by chordrylateral(m): 10:16am On Feb 14, 2018
GoodMuyis:
I paid N1050, in January for my 5kg cylinder, except the man cheated me because the gas did not last long.

How am I suppose to know if the filled up when i cant even see it
He fill 3kg for u @the rate of 350/kg not 5kg

5kg is 1700 he didn't fill you 5kg
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by Born2Breed(f): 10:43am On Feb 14, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
considering the fact that we are a giant supplier of natural gas our local suppliers actually sell oxygen-filled gas to us rather than the real deal. one is buying half the content in a normal cylinder of gas. other places of the world, gas cylinder day last the buyer for a long time. In Nigeria before you on am make eba e don finish.
Nigeria has abundant natural gas reserve at 192 Trillion Cubic Feet, TCF, and currently, ranks ninth in the world, yet the locals resort to firewood becasue they cannot afford to use gas. only in Nigeria is cooking with gas considered an affluent lifestyle. people go even day brag say dem day use gas. gas way poor men day use anyhow for other places.
Is our government bragging that Nigerians pay less for gas when the average citizen cannot afford it? why are government representatives so wicked like this? You cannot even use electric stove place boil water because light bill is still onthe high. how can the poor survive in this country?
Even the rich people cannot use gas to cook party food. they claim firewood food na sweet pass but when dem go Dubai go do wedding dem forget say firewood food no day there. person go day brag in penury

Buhari enter power instead of am to become minister of light he run go petroleum. he boasted that our refineries would function 100% and criticised the previous regime. Now, none of the refineries function and he has not said anything to condemn himself. is that not hypocrisy?
They should castrate that idiot way say Nigerians pay less for cooking gas. even if na true sef, only one month reach to announce the decades of cheats and extortion on Nigerians?

Aside Buhari being the worst President and cursed man. Those who voted him are cursed for being a curse to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by jobbers: 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
lies
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by GoodMuyis(m): 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
chordrylateral:
He fill 3kg for u @the rate of 350/kg not 5kg
5kg is 1700 he didn't fill you 5kg
You are right, I just realized that am using 3kg

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by kolawoleibukun: 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
Born2Breed:

Aside Buhari being the worst President and cursed man. Those who voted him are cursed for being a curse to Nigeria.
true
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by chordrylateral(m): 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
GoodMuyis:

You are right, I just realized that am using 3kg

Lol so you aren't sure of your cylinder volume before....Hope you've not go and accused and fought him of cheating you.I face this type of things in my shop too. Go and apologize if you've fought him.
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by LaudateII: 12:38am On Feb 15, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
considering the fact that we are a giant supplier of natural gas our local suppliers actually sell oxygen-filled gas to us rather than the real deal. one is buying half the content in a normal cylinder of gas. other places of the world, gas cylinder day last the buyer for a long time. In Nigeria before you on am make eba e don finish.
Nigeria has abundant natural gas reserve at 192 Trillion Cubic Feet, TCF, and currently, ranks ninth in the world, yet the locals resort to firewood becasue they cannot afford to use gas. only in Nigeria is cooking with gas considered an affluent lifestyle. people go even day brag say dem day use gas. gas way poor men day use anyhow for other places.
Is our government bragging that Nigerians pay less for gas when the average citizen cannot afford it? why are government representatives so wicked like this? You cannot even use electric stove place boil water because light bill is still onthe high. how can the poor survive in this country?
Even the rich people cannot use gas to cook party food. they claim firewood food na sweet pass but when dem go Dubai go do wedding dem forget say firewood food no day there. person go day brag in penury

Buhari enter power instead of am to become minister of light he run go petroleum. he boasted that our refineries would function 100% and criticised the previous regime. Now, none of the refineries function and he has not said anything to condemn himself. is that not hypocrisy?
They should castrate that idiot way say Nigerians pay less for cooking gas. even if na true sef, only one month reach to announce the decades of cheats and extortion on Nigerians?

Oxygen-filled gas? How?? Where? shocked What tests did you conduct on the gas to ascertain that your cylinder contained oxygen? Guy, please do not say what you do not know. Oxygen is actually used in hospitals to resuscitate patients, or to enable those with breathing problems, cope easily when trying to inhale. It is also used to enrich fuel, as a disinfectant (for its oxidizing properties), and as a liquid propellant for rockets. I strongly doubt if it can be used for cooking, because when it comes into contact with flammable organic materials, it may react explosively

An empty 12.5 kg cylinder usually has a tare weight of 14.3kg - 14.6kg. undecided When you take it to an approved LPG gas plant for refill, it should be filled up with 12.5kg cooking gas. If your cylinder valve is not leaking, which could cause loss of gas, then it should serve you for 2-3 weeks, if you are a small family using it for domestic purposes. A caterer cooking for a large clientele would use more gas, for her trade.

Finally, if you refill your cylinder at the roadside resellers of gas, then you can be shortchanged. sad Most of them lack properly calibrated weighing scales, or an accurate gauge. So how can you tell what quantity was actually dispensed into your cylinder?
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by kolawoleibukun: 7:59am On Feb 15, 2018
LaudateII:

Oxygen-filled gas? How?? Where? shocked What tests did you conduct on the gas to ascertain that your cylinder contained oxygen? Guy, please do not say what you do not know. Oxygen is actually used in hospitals to resuscitate patients, or to enable those with breathing problems, cope easily when trying to inhale. It is also used to enrich fuel, as a disinfectant (for its oxidizing properties), and as a liquid propellant for rockets. I strongly doubt if it can be used for cooking, because when it comes into contact with flammable organic materials, it may react explosively

An empty 12.5 kg cylinder usually has a tare weight of 14.3kg - 14.6kg. undecided When you take it to an approved LPG gas plant for refill, it should be filled up with 12.5kg cooking gas. If your cylinder valve is not leaking, which could cause loss of gas, then it should serve you for 2-3 weeks, if you are a small family using it for domestic purposes. A caterer cooking for a large clientele would use more gas, for her trade.

Finally, if you refill your cylinder at the roadside resellers of gas, then you can be shortchanged. sad Most of them lack properly calibrated weighing scales, or an accurate gauge. So how can you tell what quantity was actually dispensed into your cylinder?
you just day contradict yourself. you say how and you say you can be shortchanged. where you day? are you a foreigner in Nigeria? abi you be jjc? if you no no something make you ask first. u must not know everything. carry your gallon go petrol station go buy fuel or kerosene and tell me weda e go full. ask yourself weda government no no. na gas na Nigerians go just dash you accurately without cheating you because your papa name na oil well.
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by LaudateII: 10:24am On Feb 15, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
you just day contradict yourself. you say how and you say you can be shortchanged. where you day? are you a foreigner in Nigeria? abi you be jjc? if you no no something make you ask first. u must not know everything. carry your gallon go petrol station go buy fuel or kerosene and tell me weda e go full. ask yourself weda government no no. na gas na Nigerians go just dash you accurately without cheating you because your papa name na oil well.

No sir. You are the one whose post is riddled with contradictions. shocked

First, you said your cooking gas cylinder was filled with Oxygen, without any iota of proof. sad This was debunked and the reason why it could not occur, was clearly pointed out to you.

Secondly, you claimed that your cooking gas does not last. In fact your words were: "In Nigeria before you on am make eba e don finish." This obviously was a clear exaggeration on your part. undecided So I pointed out to you the reason why your cooking gas could end up being inadequate, namely:

1); Refilling your cylinder at a roadside gas retailer, instead of filling it up at a certified LPG Gas plant or LPG skid. sad I even gave you the average tare weight for a 12.5kg cylinder of gas, and the correct quantity that should fill up the cylinder. Do you remember? If you refill your cylinder at a roadside dealer, you could end up being shortchanged, as many of them are not licensed to refill cylinders, and many of them lack properly calibrated weighing scales or means of measurement. So always refill your cylinder at a properly certified LPG gas plant, instead.

2). Your cylinder valve might be leaking, and this could lead to gas escaping unnoticed from your cylinder. shocked If this occurs, it constitutes a risk. First, the amount of gas left in it would not be enough for your needs, and secondly, it could lead to a fire, if it is not checked or if the valve is not replaced.

Now, if you have taken note of all these, there is no reason why your gas cylinder would not last you for a few weeks of usage. Gas is a finite quantity, not infinite. Just like kerosene or wood, it gets depleted as you used it for your daily cooking activities, over a period of time. sad Even the fuel in your car, ends up running out at a particular point in time, after you have driven it for several kilometres. Just monitor its usage. So what is so difficult about that?

I have bought kerosene for stoves, petrol for cars, gas for cylinders and diesel for generators from filling stations, and I have hardly ever been shortchanged. Why? Because I only refill or make my purchases from accredited fuel stations, or LPG plants. In my car, I know where the gauge reaches, when I buy 2,000 naira worth of fuel or more. So if anyone sells fuel to me, and it is below the gauge, I call the attention of the management to it, and ensure it is rectified. undecided

In the same manner, when your cylinder is being refilled, at an accredited LPG Gas Plant, kindly watch the gauge on the scale or dispenser, and ensure the accurate quantity is refilled in your cylinder before you leave the place. wink Be wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by kolawoleibukun: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2018
LaudateII:

No sir. You are the one whose post is riddled with contradictions. shocked

First, you said your cooking gas cylinder was filled with Oxygen, without any iota of proof. sad This was debunked and the reason why it could not occur, was clearly pointed out to you.

Secondly, you claimed that your cooking gas does not last. In fact your words were: "In Nigeria before you on am make eba e don finish." This obviously was a clear exaggeration on your part. undecided So I pointed out to you the reason why your cooking gas could end up being inadequate, namely:

1); Refilling your cylinder at a roadside gas retailer, instead of filling it up at a certified LPG Gas plant or LPG skid. sad I even gave you the average tare weight for a 12.5kg cylinder of gas, and the correct quantity that should fill up the cylinder. Do you remember? If you refill your cylinder at a roadside dealer, you could end up being shortchanged, as many of them are not licensed to refill cylinders, and many of them lack properly calibrated weighing scales or means of measurement. So always refill your cylinder at a properly certified LPG gas plant, instead.

2). Your cylinder valve might be leaking, and this could lead to gas escaping unnoticed from your cylinder. shocked If this occurs, it constitutes a risk. First, the amount of gas left in it would not be enough for your needs, and secondly, it could lead to a fire, if it is not checked or if the valve is not replaced.

Now, if you have taken note of all these, there is no reason why your gas cylinder would not last you for a few weeks of usage. Gas is a finite quantity, not infinite. Just like kerosene or wood, it gets depleted as you used it for your daily cooking activities, over a period of time. sad Even the fuel in your car, ends up running out at a particular point in time, after you have driven it for several kilometres. Just monitor its usage. So what is so difficult about that?

I have bought kerosene for stoves, petrol for cars, gas for cylinders and diesel for generators from filling stations, and I have hardly ever been shortchanged. Why? Because I only refill or make my purchases from accredited fuel stations, or LPG plants. In my car, I know where the gauge reaches, when I buy 2,000 naira worth of fuel or more. So if anyone sells fuel to me, and it is below the gauge, I call the attention of the management to it, and ensure it is rectified. undecided

In the same manner, when your cylinder is being refilled, at an accredited LPG Gas Plant, kindly watch the gauge on the scale or dispenser, and ensure the accurate quantity is refilled in your cylinder before you leave the place. wink Be wise.
oga we are both Nigerians here and you cannot tell a person who passed through a system his experience. if you never go civilized country, I have. And as a matter of fact, I live in one now. so no be me you go tell about LPG or STI. If you want to educate me, do the practical. take 4 litters gallon go NNPC station and buy fuel if e go fill your gallon. You day see korokoro suffering and you day sugarcoat am. I have to exaggerate because I am sensitive to the pains of the commoners. I have seen a grown man cry because of gas to cook for his family. Gas way the man buy no last 2 weeks e finish. Not everyone has that kinda cash. if you have used gas outside Nigeria or if you have anyone living outside Nigeria ask am how long him cooking gas day last.

telling of roadside seller is just sugarcoating the pains of my brother there. who gave those people license to sell? is the government not aware? no be from NNPC dem day buy am from? abi dem day refine their own crude oil? telling me that my cylinder has leakage na insult. Are you vouching for NNPC that cannot account for themselves? do you think that they are ignorant of that they are doing? They know pass you. if person complain of his problem no day shut the person up because. don't tell the person that he lied because you are not there. what you are saying, you yourself are not sure. when them bring evidence come out now you go run. you no go fit stand again.

dem no day carry any government company for back for 9ja. things happen everyday and your experience might be rosy but do not trash another man case because you no go fit carry the pain.

I am not speaking as someone who used gas in January but na Nigeria we all day for decades now so we know whats up. all we day shout for is change. if you day talk like this people get the impression that things are getting better but that is wrong.

many of my guys here have been misinformed but open the matter scatter make people know the seriousness. the topic is sayign now that gas is cheap. is it really cheap for you now? can the avergae man in nigeria afford it? when the average nigerian feeds less than a dollar per day. how can he afford gas. if dem pay you minimum wage 18k can you afford cooking gas?

I know wetin I day talk my guy. all these story no day sweet me. no be for me or my family oh but I am sensitive because I have been there before and I know what it is. I am in a comfortable place today but I know how life be for there.

guy! dem no day intimidate me with English cos apart from nairaland na English surround me. I am educated here and I no forget my root.
Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by LaudateII: 12:35am On Feb 19, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
oga we are both Nigerians here and you cannot tell a person who passed through a system his experience. if you never go civilized country, I have. And as a matter of fact, I live in one now. so no be me you go tell about LPG or STI. If you want to educate me, do the practical. take 4 litters gallon go NNPC station and buy fuel if e go fill your gallon. You day see korokoro suffering and you day sugarcoat am. I have to exaggerate because I am sensitive to the pains of the commoners. I have seen a grown man cry because of gas to cook for his family. Gas way the man buy no last 2 weeks e finish. Not everyone has that kinda cash. if you have used gas outside Nigeria or if you have anyone living outside Nigeria ask am how long him cooking gas day last.

telling of roadside seller is just sugarcoating the pains of my brother there. who gave those people license to sell? is the government not aware? no be from NNPC dem day buy am from? abi dem day refine their own crude oil? telling me that my cylinder has leakage na insult. Are you vouching for NNPC that cannot account for themselves? do you think that they are ignorant of that they are doing? They know pass you. if person complain of his problem no day shut the person up because. don't tell the person that he lied because you are not there. what you are saying, you yourself are not sure. when them bring evidence come out now you go run. you no go fit stand again.

dem no day carry any government company for back for 9ja. things happen everyday and your experience might be rosy but do not trash another man case because you no go fit carry the pain.

I am not speaking as someone who used gas in January but na Nigeria we all day for decades now so we know whats up. all we day shout for is change. if you day talk like this people get the impression that things are getting better but that is wrong.

many of my guys here have been misinformed but open the matter scatter make people know the seriousness. the topic is sayign now that gas is cheap. is it really cheap for you now? can the avergae man in nigeria afford it? when the average nigerian feeds less than a dollar per day. how can he afford gas. if dem pay you minimum wage 18k can you afford cooking gas?

I know wetin I day talk my guy. all these story no day sweet me. no be for me or my family oh but I am sensitive because I have been there before and I know what it is. I am in a comfortable place today but I know how life be for there.

guy! dem no day intimidate me with English cos apart from nairaland na English surround me. I am educated here and I no forget my root.

Eeyah! Your long epistle shows that you did not even understand the point being made in my last post. sad Any grown man crying because of gas that did not last for 2 weeks, is merely feeling sorry for himself. I have offered my advice. He should check the valve in his cylinder to ensure it is not leaking. And he should replace it, if he discovers it is leaking. He should also buy from only approved LPG outlets to ensure his cylinder is accurately refilled. Must I repeat this in my native dialect for you to understand it? shocked

If you tell me that you do not believe or you cannot understand how cylinder valves can leak, then it means you are grossly ignorant. Talk to experts who know about these things. The rubber seal inside the valve can wear off. Even the regulator can become defective over time. Get a qualified gas technician to check it for you, and change it, if needed. sad

As for those selling LPG cylinders by the roadside and refilling them, you need to realise many of them are unlicensed and crooked. undecided Some are licensed to sell only cooking gas accessories but then, they turn round and start refilling, which is an activity that is not covered by their license. Go to them and ask them for a copy of their current license and you will hear the fake excuses they give.

As for buying accurate litres of fuel, ensure you patronise a fuel station with an accurate meter. There are stations I will NOT buy from, simply because I am not comfortable with the way they dispense fuel. And there are others I do not mind going to the extra mile to patronise, because of their accurate method of dispensing fuel. Shine your eye. Everyone has a choice. sad

There are different sizes of gas cylinders. From 3 kg that costs less than 1,000 naira to refill, to the 6 kg which costs less than 2,000 naira to refill to the 12.5 kg and even up to the 50kg. Choose the one that suits your pocket. undecided The same people who lament that gas is expensive will end up buying other items for far more expensive amounts. Some even buy 1 bottle of kerosene, that will not last them for 3-4 days, at an exorbitant rate.

Now, if you are done lamenting, kindly stay out of my mentions, since it is obvious that you are allergic to honesty and good advice. Thanks. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS by kolawoleibukun: 5:06am On Feb 20, 2018
LaudateII:

Eeyah! Your long epistle shows that you did not even understand the point being made in my last post. sad Any grown man crying because of gas that did not last for 2 weeks, is merely feeling sorry for himself. I have offered my advice. He should check the valve in his cylinder to ensure it is not leaking. And he should replace it, if he discovers it is leaking. He should also buy from only approved LPG outlets to ensure his cylinder is accurately refilled. Must I repeat this in my native dialect for you to understand it? shocked

If you tell me that you do not believe or you cannot understand how cylinder valves can leak, then it means you are grossly ignorant. Talk to experts who know about these things. The rubber seal inside the valve can wear off. Even the regulator can become defective over time. Get a qualified gas technician to check it for you, and change it, if needed. sad

As for those selling LPG cylinders by the roadside and refilling them, you need to realise many of them are unlicensed and crooked. undecided Some are licensed to sell only cooking gas accessories but then, they turn round and start refilling, which is an activity that is not covered by their license. Go to them and ask them for a copy of their current license and you will hear the fake excuses they give.

As for buying accurate litres of fuel, ensure you patronise a fuel station with an accurate meter. There are stations I will NOT buy from, simply because I am not comfortable with the way they dispense fuel. And there are others I do not mind going to the extra mile to patronise, because of their accurate method of dispensing fuel. Shine your eye. Everyone has a choice. sad

There are different sizes of gas cylinders. From 3 kg that costs less than 1,000 naira to refill, to the 6 kg which costs less than 2,000 naira to refill to the 12.5 kg and even up to the 50kg. Choose the one that suits your pocket. undecided The same people who lament that gas is expensive will end up buying other items for far more expensive amounts. Some even buy 1 bottle of kerosene, that will not last them for 3-4 days, at an exorbitant rate.

Now, if you are done lamenting, kindly stay out of my mentions, since it is obvious that you are allergic to honesty and good advice. Thanks. undecided
mumu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Midas shipping & freight, My Experience, Story And Lost of item with them / Letter Of Non Indebtedness / Share Your Fx Broker Experiences Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.