Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place (2105 Views)

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) / Pls Help A Nairalander's Baby Win Cussion's Baby Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 10:52am On Feb 14, 2018
Good morning everyone, please spare me few minutes to read Wat I am presently passing Fru at a place of work and I need a reply as two heads re better Dan one..... I am currently a teacher in one of the school in osogbo, A pupil in my class is a serial debtor, Fast forward to yesterday, I was put under a duress to append a signature for d said student to sign for her and whereas one of d female head teacher is d architect of this mess as she is a close ally with d pupils parent.... the meaning of the signature is dat my salary would be deducted at d end of d month for few months if d school fees isn't paid, just because i ddnt signed yesterday, I was given a day suspension (today) and I was eavesdropped I would be made to sign under duress again if I return back to work tmao... The question now is... (1) Is it rampant among teachers in other schools to append such signature for a student or pupil who re owing elsewhere in other schools (2) What if the parent change her child school, won't dat be hell burden for me since I would have append an undertaking.. The debt of d pupil is close to 45_50k..... Please I need ur advise as I fnk this is not fair at all... Don't just pass by without replying as ur advise might have a long way to go.... Have a lovely day ahead
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by babythug(f): 10:56am On Feb 14, 2018
Begin to explore other job options . Don't let them bully you into signing it. It's the school authority/ admin that is responsible for ensuring fees payment by the pupils

Should it be worth(ie your time and the finances( it , seek legal redress.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by MhizAJ(f): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2018
This is rubbish
What kind of school is that

Is it a public school or a quack private school

I don't know why teachers are undermined in Nigeria...The school thinks they can just treat teachers anyhow

It's time to leave that job
Start looking for other options

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2018
babythug:
Begin to explore other job options . Don't let them bully you into signing it. It's the school authority/ admin that is responsible for ensuring fees payment by the pupils

Good luck
Thank u plenty.. U appreciate mam
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2018
babythug:

Good luck
Thank u plenty.. I appreciate mam
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 11:11am On Feb 14, 2018
MhizAJ:
This is rubbish
What kind of school is that

Is it a public school or a quack private school

I don't know why teachers are undermined in Nigeria...The school thinks they can just treat teachers anyhow

It's time to leave that job
Start looking for other options
A private nursery and primary school ni o..... It's somehow weird to me,... because appending a controversial signature might boomerang for few weeks to come .. A day suspension for not signing .. Imagine dat
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by MhizAJ(f): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2018
ojotobiloba1:

A private nursery and primary school ni o..... It's somehow weird to me,... because appending a controversial signature might boomerang for few weeks to come .. A day suspension for not signing .. Imagine dat
Fvck them joor
I can relate
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by Acidosis(m): 11:54am On Feb 14, 2018
Write a resignation letter and take it along to school tomorrow.

If you're pressured further to append your signature, simply drop your letter and move on to another job.

Appending your signature will not only reduce your salary, it will further deplete your esteem, sanity, your worth, and everything you represent.

Trust me, your refusal will give you fulfilment on the short- and long-run, whether you're retained on the job or not.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by badoh(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
I have never heard of this shit in my life. How much are they even paying you as salary? Who gave you a day suspension? Is the Proprietor of the school aware of the suspension?
This school need to be flagged on social media for this unjust act.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Acidosis:
Write a resignation letter and take it along to school tomorrow.

If you're pressured further to append your signature, simply drop your letter and move on to another job.

Appending your signature will not only reduce your salary, it will further deplete your esteem, sanity, your worth, and everything you represent.

Trust me, your refusal will give you fulfilment on the short- and long-run, whether you're retained on the job or not.
I really appreciate ds.. Thanks
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
badoh:
I have never heard of this shit in my life. How much are they even paying you as salary? Who gave you a day suspension? Is the Proprietor of the school aware of the suspension?
This school need to be flagged on social media for this unjust act.
The head teacher issued out the suspension because I ddnt sign under duress ... He knew the truth dat his female colleague was d architect of all ds but he chose not to say d truth so dat d proprietress wont scold him...
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by louisa4luv(f): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
What were the terms of service agreed upon when you accepted the offer of appointment. If it isn't part of the terms, then you have to speak up for yourself boldly.
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by LadySarah: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
louisa4luv:
What were the terms of service agreed upon when you accepted the offer of appointment. If it isn't part of the terms, then you have to speak up for yourself boldly.

F..k terms of agreement ontop max #30k.
why will a Teacher be subjected to such bul..it?
Is their anything one wont hear in this Nigeria,bikonu?
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
LadySarah:

It's really funny indeed.... Teachers rallied round on ds matter and staged a lil protest because dey thought a fight for one is a fight for all, I was told everything would be under normalcy tmao... I really appreciate for ur gesture.. Than u mam
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 11:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
LadySarah:

It's really funny indeed.... Teachers rallied round on ds matter and staged a lil protest because dey thought a fight for one is a fight for all, I was told everything would be under normalcy tmao... I really appreciate for ur gesture.. Thank u mam
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ireneidiva(f): 5:02am On Feb 16, 2018
ojotobiloba1:

It's really funny indeed.... Teachers rallied round on ds matter and staged a lil protest because dey thought a fight for one is a fight for all, I was told everything would be under normalcy tmao... I really appreciate for ur gesture.. Thank u mam
Please work on your grammar. How on earth do you even teach if you write like this?
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ireneidiva(f): 5:03am On Feb 16, 2018
ojotobiloba1:

please work on your grammar. How on earth do you even teach if you write like this?
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
ireneidiva:

Please work on your grammar. How on earth do you even teach if you write like this?
Thank you for spotting the grammatical blunders, perhaps u can tell me where there is one and re send the right words.. No harsh feelings though
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by Richy4(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
What kinda of hellish school was that.. I guess the fact that there are unemployment in the land made some of the employer to act stupidly.. I wish you can start looking for another place.. it's just a freaking nursery and primary school..

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Richy4:
What kinda of hellish school was that.. I guess the fact that there are unemployment in the land made some of the employer to act stupidly.. I wish you can start looking for another place.. it's just a freaking nursery and primary school..
Concerned parents and teachers protested on my behalf and dre decision was reversed as at yesterday... Thank u for ur reply.
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by Nicklaus619(m): 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2018
This is preposterous uncalled for and modern day slavery, just like one of the comments here, don't allow anyone bully you to do what ain't gonna benefit u, explore other opportunities bro your destiny ain't yoked with that very school..
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by Pearl05(f): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
ojotobiloba1:

The head teacher issued out the suspension because I ddnt sign under duress ... He knew the truth dat his female colleague was d architect of all ds but he chose not to say d truth so dat d proprietress wont scold him...

Rubbish. Let the head teacher sign the undertaking for the pupil. Or write it off as bad debt. They just wanted to steal your money.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by christ007(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
Use your head op
Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ayili: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2018
ojotobiloba1:

Concerned parents and teachers protested on my behalf and dre decision was reversed as at yesterday... Thank u for ur reply.
Don't be relaxed thinking you have won the war has just began. brother start thinking of how to diversify and venture in another business should in case the headteacher strikes back

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by Richy4(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2018
ojotobiloba1:

I'm glad for you... Just stay there as a away of buying time while looking for other/ better prospects. You can't stay there... Your employer has proven to be the devils cousin..be wise

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, A Day Light Robbery At My Work Place by ojotobiloba1: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
ayili:

Don't be relaxed thinking you have won the war has just began. brother start thinking of how to diversify and venture in another business should in case the headteacher strikes back
U re truly right, working hear is like a sitting down on a keg of gunpowder., I will try hard and venture into any available business anytime soon... Thank u so dearly and may God perfect everything dat concerns u

(1) (Reply)

Must You Marry Her Because You Got Her Pregnant? / Should I Still Play The Foolish Woman? / For The Married Women ONLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.