Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

"If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady (13663 Views)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / Woman Who Sent Daughter N7.4M While Abroad, Returns Home To Find The Money Gone / Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Snow87(m): 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Weldon ma, but make I no catch u for Shiloh 2025 praying for a God fearing man.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
am I the only one who thinks this one heart have been shattered?

2 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by poseidon12: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Yep, the lady is right. Husband and wife should jointly make financial decisions in the house, especially if they both contribute financially.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by xudek: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Drinokrane:

Twitter user @raychellered took to her handle to call out women who let their men make all the money decisions even though they both worked for it.

She is of the opinion that such women allow the men to walk all over them thus reducing themselves to doormats.

Read her tweets;

https://torimill.com/2018/02/if-you-both-make-the-money-and-you-let-him-decide-how-its-spent-youre-a-doormat-lady.html

Wallahi the girl fine wella
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by adetes: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by FluidQueen(f): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
They all a bunch of doormat. I agree.

I'd make my money and a dude would dictate how I spend it? Is he retardéd?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by buchilino(m): 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
A PERSON WHO ISNT MARRIED OR HAS NEVA EXPERIENCED MARRIAGE, HAS NOTHING 2 OFFER COUPLES (BASED ON ADVICE)

1 Like

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by sweetilicious(f): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
Exactly.My sister earns alot as a manager,the hubby earns too as a doctor.They had no car after their marriage. In short,they had no better property.The husband started with things he used from university and was working in a private hospital.My sister was a graduate trainee before they got married.I could remember how we used to enter keke all the time.Within a spec of 1yr,they got a car.My sister wasn't dragging the car as a contributor.The husband takes her to work and sometimes brings her back.They lived happily and managed that car for 4yrs till it started wearing out.They got another one for occasional programmes. They built a mansion within 5ys of marriage.I have never seen my sister disregard her husband nor become pompous of her contributions.The man is the head and she is happy to submit totally.I won't dispute the fact that her hubby is extremely family conscious.He is involved totally.But i prefer to be loved and catered for than struggling the headship of the home.This op didn't even make sense to me.
LesbianBoy:
Senseless girl
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by sweetilicious(f): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
yeah true.And some people's advice cannot be used in solving some certain issues because people and their understanding differs.
buchilino:
A PERSON WHO ISNT MARRIED OR HAS NEVA EXPERIENCED MARRIAGE, HAS NOTHING 2 OFFER COUPLES (BASED ON ADVICE)
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Bimpe29: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
She's one of the pythons that swallow marital bliss.

1 Like

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by talk2percy(m): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
No wonder she dey show expired breast-she fit be lesbian
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Xano(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Men and Ladies(not married) have no right standing to advice on marriage.
Most ladies who do so are pained and seek attention from people.
Such people, I read and close their page, no value to add.

1 Like

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
These are traits of a
Single
Rustrated
Disvirgined
Possessed
Jobless
Whoring

Lady
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by cococandy(f): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
So you people want her to make money but you get to decide how it’s spent? Is that what will make her a good woman?
genghiskhan007:
These are traits of a
Single
Rustrated
Disvirgined
Possessed
Jobless
Whoring

Lady
talk2percy:
No wonder she dey show expired breast-she fit be lesbian
Bimpe29:
She's one of the pythons that swallow marital bliss.
praiseneofingz:
am I the only one who thinks this one heart have been shattered?
Snow87:
Weldon ma, but make I no catch u for Shiloh 2025 praying for a God fearing man.
LesbianBoy:
Senseless girl
princeking2:
Yes Aunty slay queen.
Well, I think it should be a collective decision, after all it was a product of collective effort.
princeking2:
Yes Aunty slay queen.
Well, I think it should be a collective decision, after all it was a product of collective effort.
millomaniac:
But if she does make the decision I guess that makes the man the door mat. Olodo girl !!
LordBaelish:
This one is just an UGLY attention seeker.

Which Naija woman would contribute for Car and allow the man to sell off?

Naija women that would shout "I contributed ooo" till you vex refund her the money..

Na wa sha. Some people online dey do like we no dey the same naija offline..

SMH
Horlubunmmy:
Another slay witch.

I'm sure she's not married yet.
marvin904:
feminist are just educated mo.rons undecided

9 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Lalas247(f): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
FluidQueen:
They all a bunch of doormat. I agree.

I'd make my money and a dude would dictate how I spend it? Is he retardéd?
tell them again

be like say d guy wan die..

think I slave day in day out for a piece dick to become my financial accountant no way..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Acidosis(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
cococandy:
So you people want her to make money but you get to decide how it’s spent? Is that what will make her a good woman?

No, a good woman is one that minds her business and try to make her family/marriage/relationship work.
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Chai! Naija guys and so much stupidity spewed on one thread. The lady is right in every sense of what she said. Why would a man dictate how I spend my salary when I've a brain of mine, and he earns too? Why would we contribute to buy a car/property only him is entitled to?

Most of you bashing her need brain transplant.

10 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Slapsticker: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Let the lady buy her car, build her house and have her investments in her name.

There is no point contributing.

Simple
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Apina(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
She's just ignorant. How many married couples does she know before drawing such a conclusion? I know families where the property is in both their names, and why should a woman remind her husband that she paid for a house both of them are occupying as a family, if she's not trying to brew trouble undecided
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Jman06(m): 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
There's sense in what she said. Some cunning men just want doormats as wife whom they can easily ride on. The woman would suffer to make the money with them or even more of the money, but the man would take everything in his name and use the wealth to chase small girls.
Women would however continue to fall for such cunning men because those kind of men are masters of sweet talking. They easily use words to brainwash the woman.

6 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by tartarus(m): 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
poseidon12:
Yep, the lady is right. Husband and wife should jointly make financial decisions in the house, especially if they both contribute financially.

Of cos but many nairaland guys don't know how to read. They just follow the bandwagon

I agree with her opinion. Couples should make decisions together!

2 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by tartarus(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
sweetilicious:
Exactly.My sister earns alot as a manager,the hubby earns too as a doctor.They had no car after their marriage. In short,they had no better property.The husband started with things he used from university and was working in a private hospital.My sister was a graduate trainee before they got married.I could remember how we used to enter keke all the time.Within a spec of 1yr,they got a car.My sister wasn't dragging the car as a contributor.The husband takes her to work and sometimes brings her back.They lived happily and managed that car for 4yrs till it started wearing out.They got another one for occasional programmes. They built a mansion within 5ys of marriage.I have never seen my sister disregard her husband nor become pompous of her contributions.The man is the head and she is happy to submit totally.I won't dispute the fact that her hubby is extremely family conscious.He is involved totally.But i prefer to be loved and catered for than struggling the headship of the home.This op didn't even make sense to me.

You obviously didn't try to understand the post before commenting! Please read and assimilate! No one is talking about wives disregarding husbands! undecided
The post is about couples making contributions and decisions TOGETHER!

1 Like

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by cococandy(f): 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Jman06:
There's sense in what she said. Some cunning men just want doormats as wife whom they can easily ride on. The woman would suffer to make the money with them or even more of the money, but the man would take everything in his name and use the wealth to chase small girls.
Women would however continue to fall for such cunning men because those kind of men are masters of sweet talking. They easily use words to brainwash the woman.
[
kimbraa:
Chai! Naija guys and so much stupidity spewed on one thread. The lady is right in every sense of what she said. Why would a man dictate how I spend my salary when I've a brain of mine, and he earns too? Why would we contribute to buy a car/property only him is entitled to?

tartarus:

Of cos but many nairaland guys don't know how to read. They just follow the bandwagon

I agree with her opinion. Couples should make decisions together!
It’s not about reading . The average Nigerian guy’s idea of a good woman is one who isn’t lazy (I.e contributes to the family income) but let’s him make all the decisions (including financial). So she works, gives him the money and let’s him decide how it is spent.

Well, if unfortunately he decides to spend it on a house and properties in his name alone, she should be ‘submissive’ and accept it because that’s what the Bible says. The Home she contributed to build is ‘the man’s house’ from which she can get kicked out of if she dares to question his excesses (like spending their collective income on his mistress).

You only have to be here a short while to see the perverse pattern of thoughts that is predominant among the contributors on this forum.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by donnie(m): 11:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
This is why I've been reluctant to allow my wife into my main business.

I will open another one where she can call all the shots.

She is NOT foolish like this one tho

... she's the best! kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 15, 2018
kimbraa:

LOL. I had to read her post over and over to get their annoyance.
She said the truth for Christ sake.

Maybe if we change the woman to man, they'll get the message cheesy

1 Like

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by sulakishop(m): 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
My father is the Head of our family
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by bukatyne(f): 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Home breakers on the beat.... I bet you that babe is single and wants other ladies to join her in her forever singleness

She is NOT a home breaker according to her posts.

If a husband decides on the funds both of them make ALONE, then it is a dysfunctional marriage.

Do unto others as you want them to do unto you.

1 Like

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
poseidon12:

I was desperately looking for a post of reason.

Are people just daft or do they lack understanding?

Is it normal for one person to make decisions on the resources of 2 people?

Anyways, they are the masters of dishing out what they can't take.
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by bukatyne(f): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
cococandy:

I read some things here in amazement.
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Fhemmmy: 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
poseidon12:

Regardless if they both make the money or if it is made by just one party, how to spend the money should be made by both parties

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / How Can A Parent Tame A Delinquent Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.