Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Whinning Sound From The Engine Bay - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Whinning Sound From The Engine Bay (862 Views)

Rats In The Engine Bay / Help!!! Solution To Rats Entering My Engine Bay / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whinning Sound From The Engine Bay by JAYUK(m): 1:03am On Feb 15, 2018
I changed a few suspension and steering component, bow joint, tie rod end, stabilizer linkage and steering knuckle, after which a whinning sound came up which gets louder when the engine is revved up, the mecho said it was the steering pump,that it has packed up,the oil level in the cup is at the max level,oil color is light red.please experts in the house please come to my rescue, its an RX 330
Re: Whinning Sound From The Engine Bay by aieromon(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
JAYUK:
I changed a few suspension and steering component, bow joint, tie rod end, stabilizer linkage and steering knuckle, after which a whinning sound came up which gets louder when the engine is revved up, the mecho said it was the steering pump,that it has packed up,the oil level in the cup is at the max level,oil color is light red.please experts in the house please come to my rescue, its an RX 330

If you experience stiffness in turning the steering wheel,get ready to replace the power steering pump. You might need to flush out the steering oil and refill the proper way without introducing air bubbles.

The whining sound is a major sign of a failing steering pump.
Re: Whinning Sound From The Engine Bay by stephcruse(m): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
For you to get good result you need to take the car to a garage where they have good technician and latest equipment to diagnose the noise , good luck

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Jeep 300 Gear Not Selecting / See The World’s First Transparent Car / Clean Registered Toyota Camry :2007 Going For 1,750m, You Can Reach Me On Whatsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.