Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! (1091 Views)

“Unidentified Flying Object” (UFO) Causes Panic In Benin, Edo State / Before And After Photo Of These Postcards Will Leave You Shocked / Large Spinning UFO-like Ice Disk Appears In U. S. Town's River(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by RoyalBlak007: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2018
Hotel Svart will sit in a breathtaking location at the foot of Svartisen - Norway's second largest glacier

Architects went about crafting the unusual structure so it will use 85 per cent less energy than a regular hotel

The eco-friendly building will be rigged up to a geothermal well so naturally-heated water will run throughout

You'll be left starry-eyed at this UFO-style hotel, set to touch down in the Arctic Circle.
Incredible renderings have emerged of the spaceship-style lodge, which is scheduled to open in 2021 in northern Norway just above the Arctic Circle.
The images show how hotel Svart will sit in a breathtaking location at the foot of Svartisen - Norway's second largest glacier - and it will be set above the water on stilts. Architects went about crafting the unusual structure so it will use 85 per cent less energy than a regular hotel would.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-5390641/UFO-style-lodge-set-land-Arctic-Circle.html

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by RoyalBlak007: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2018
The walls of the building have been strategically designed to insulate in the winter and allow for ventilation in the summer

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by RoyalBlak007: 9:09am On Feb 15, 2018
The hotel will be rigged up to a geothermal well, so naturally heated water will run throughout

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by RoyalBlak007: 9:09am On Feb 15, 2018
Along with being eco-friendly, another draw for visitors will be the hotel's location. Situated just above the Arctic Circle in a remote patch of untouched countryside, stays at Svart will provide the perfect opportunity to see the ethereal Northern Lights

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by RoyalBlak007: 9:10am On Feb 15, 2018
The hotel is set to offer various outdoors activities including hiking, kayaking and mountain biking

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by Jayson1: 9:33am On Feb 15, 2018
Norway it is then. I have to cancel Golden Tulip for my Honey Moon next year.

To my unknown wife, your father will pay for the 2weeks accommodation. cool

RoyalBlak007, you're always giving us some jaw dropping threads. Many thanks bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by billynoni(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2018
Cool,me likey.
Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by krissconnect(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2018
Very nice... Buhari shame on u undecided

1 Like

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by RoyalBlak007: 9:54am On Feb 15, 2018
Jayson1:

RoyalBlak007, you're always giving us some jaw drooping threads. Many thanks bro.

grin
You're welcome bro
Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by Jayson1: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

grin
You're welcome bro
wink
Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by AishaBuhari: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2018
Jayson1:

RoyalBlak007, you're always giving us some jaw dropping threads. Many thanks bro.
Lawd!!! *Hands on the head*
Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by DisGuy: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
Very interesting, I wonder what will happen when all the snow on the mountain melts--or maybe they don't have summer months.

1 Like

Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by 2O17: 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
shocked
Re: The UFO Hotel That'll Leave You Starry-eyed! by ogbiwa: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2018
Cool concept. The location though. I trust they must have done extensive research and tests of the area. I just hope they did enough. I'm looking at the proximity of that glacier and wondering" avalanche"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Highly Dangerous Bridges In The World / How Can I Travel To Algeria to Live and Work / My US Visa Refusal Under 214b & 212(a)(6)(c)(i) Material Misrepresentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.