Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? (913 Views)

Kuroiler Fertile Eggs And Cocks Available / Is There A Way Of Stopping Roosters From Crowing? / Farmpally.com :- How You Can Stop Dogs From Destructive Chewing Behavior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 6:22am On Feb 16, 2018
Good morning people. I desperately need your help. I have twenty cockerels that are four months old right now. They are very healthy, but the problem is that they crow too much and disturb the whole neighborhood... where I stay is very quiet, and the cocks start crowing nonstop from around 4am till 7am.

I have been awake since around 4:30 this morning and this is a daily occurrence. It is torture. Is there any way I can reduce their crowing?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 6:24am On Feb 16, 2018
Lala, seun...please help a brother.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Tallesty1(m): 6:51am On Feb 16, 2018
kay29000:
Good morning people. I desperately need your help. I have twenty cockerels that are four months old right now. They are very healthy, but the problem is that they crow too much and disturb the whole neighborhood... where I stay is very quiet, and the cocks start crowing nonstop from around 4am till 7am.

I have been awake since around 4:30 this morning and this is a daily occurrence. It is torture. Is there any way I can reduce their crowing?
1. Buy Calabar or Ghana hens and cage them together with your cockerels. Trust me, they will be too tired to crow the next day.

2. Just in case you don't have money to buy the hens, eating some of the cockerels works too.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by LadySarah: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2018
lol.cut off their beaks.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Vannlex(m): 6:54am On Feb 16, 2018
simply remove the hairs around the neck

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by marshalldgreat(m): 7:12am On Feb 16, 2018
Ah ah, it's simple na... Kill the COCK
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 7:19am On Feb 16, 2018
LadySarah:
lol.cut off their beaks.
It is not beaks they use in crowing...it is their throats.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 7:20am On Feb 16, 2018
You guys are giving funny answers, but this is a serious case.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by adisabarber(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2018
Extend darkness and they will not crow so early.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Childofaking: 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
At four months your cockerels should be going to the market now or at what age are you planning to sell them?
That is what make them what they are and I am afraid until you sell them off , you will have to cope with it. You can also consider rearing broilers instead of cockerels.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Floryangel8: 1:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sorry I can relate to that, ended up eating mine, they were just four but the crowing no be here.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Momcherry(f): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
adisabarber:
Extend darkness and they will not crow so early.

Extend darkness? They are outside in a cage.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Childofaking:
At four months your cockerels should be going to the market now or at what age are you planning to sell them?
That is what make them what they are and I am afraid until you sell them off , you will have to cope with it. You can also consider rearing broilers instead of cockerels.

Yeah, I plan to sell to the people in my community. Someone is coming to buy two tomorrow morning. Market women here in Ibadan don't buy at good price.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by kay29000(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
Floryangel8:
Sorry I can relate to that, ended up eating mine, they were just four but the crowing no be here.

lol!
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Vannlex:
simply remove the hairs around the neck

Do this really work
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by chukskafor(m): 5:48am On Nov 25, 2020
Sweetness4:

Do this really work
Work kee, what corolation does the neck feather have with the crowing; those are answers from clowns
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 25, 2020
chukskafor:
Work kee, what corolation does the neck feather have with the crowing; those are answers from clowns

I was surprised ni lol.... Thank you.
Re: Is There Anyway I Can Stop Cocks From Crowing Too Much? by jamace(m): 6:57am On Nov 25, 2020
grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Farm On My 4 Plot Of Land In Moniya, Ibadan / No Hidden Charges Just 200k For 1 Acre In Abeokuta / Black Stone Flower (kalpasi) Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.