Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages (304 Views)

Parish Priest Sells Church And Its Land Leaving His Members In Disbelief (video) / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish / Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages by olamariamjonez(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Rev. Fr. Lawrence Soja-Anyembugu, Parish Priest in charge of St Sylvester Catholic Church, New Nyanya, Nasarawa state, has sponsored the marriage of 136 couples within two weeks.

Soja-Anyembugu, announced this to newsmen on Saturday during the marriage matrimony of 83 couples in commemoration of his 10th priestly anniversary in St Patrick Catholic Church, Akwanga, Akwanga Local Government Area of the state.

He said that the gesture was extended to the people, who do not marry in the church to enable them to receive the sacrament of holy matrimony.

According to him, the step will also enable those who did not marry in the church to receive the sacrament of holy matrimony and to get their marriage blessed.

“I have decided to celebrate my 10th priestly anniversary to sponsored mass wedding for people who indicated their interest to have their marriage blessed in the church.

“As at Feb. 3, I have sponsored 53 couples in St Sylvester Catholic Church, New Nyanya.

“Today, I have sponsored 83 couples making a total of 136 couples to enable them get the sacrament of holy matrimony as well as to give them a sense of belonging,” he said.

The priest called on the couples to continue to be patient, tolerate one another for them to have a peaceful home, adding that marriage is all about endurance and patience.

“The importance of church marriage cannot be over-emphasised as it will promote peace among the couples and also enable them to get more blessings and God’s favour.”

Soja-Anyembugu, called on the couples and other Nigerians to live exemplary lives by inculcating moral values in their children and for the overall development of the country.

Read more: https://bah.com.ng/2018/02/17/parish-priest-nasarawa-sponsors-136-marriages/

Re: Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages by Sundaygeorge: 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
。。good one。。。。。。。
Re: Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages by labelle123(f): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
ça c'est bien
Re: Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages by 2cato: 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
labelle123:
ça c'est bien
i want to learn french i will i go about it
Re: Parish Priest In Nasarawa Sponsors 136 Marriages by orisa37: 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
He's a Winner if he leads all to Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Dies From Cancer Days After Baptizing Daughter / Seven Lessons Nigerian Preacher Can Learn From Evangelist Billy Graham / You're Specially Invited To Our 1 Day Prophetic Night Of Talitha-cumi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.