Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

About The Rapture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Rapture (758 Views)

After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
I present here what I know about the rapture of the saints of God. Is there going to be a rapture, as understood by many Christians? My answer to the question is that there will indeed be a rapture. A lot of other Christians do not believe that there will be a rapture. Even those who believe that there will be a rapture do not clearly understand the process that will lead up to the rapture.

1Co. 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed —
1Co. 15:52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1Co. 15:53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

1Th. 4:15 According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
1Th. 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
1Th. 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Above passages of New Testament Scripture describe the rapture. The people of God that will be snatched up to heaven will first of all be transformed from earthly to spiritual bodies—resurrection.
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
Who will make the Rapture?

Ep. 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Ep. 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
Ep. 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Ep. 5:27 describes the people that will make the rapture. Ep. 5:25-26 describes the process that will lead up to the rapture. The people that Jesus will present to himself (rapture) will perfect. The process that will lead up to the rapture is simply the process of perfection. Jesus kick-started the process by dying for us. A person keys in to the process by dying with Jesus. ( .) A person becomes perfect only by being filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit. Fullness of the Spirit only comes to a person with a pure heart. The only way to purify the heart to the level required to receive the fullness of the Spirit by washing it with water through the word. I have explained the how to of cleansing the heart in .

1Jn. 3:1-3 (KJV) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Jn. 3:2 says that at the time the rapture will take, those to be snatched up to heaven will be like Jesus. 1Jn. 3:3 says that anyone who hopes to become like Jesus should purify himself/herself. How does a person purify her/himself? By washing the heart with water through the word!

Mt. 25:1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Mt. 25:2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
Mt. 25:3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
Mt. 25:4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
Mt. 25:6 “At midnight the cry rang out: `Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
Mt. 25:7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
Mt. 25:8 The foolish ones said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
Mt. 25:9 “`No,’ they replied, `there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
Mt. 25:10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

The wise virgins obtained the fullness of the Spirit before the time of the rapture. The foolish virgins did not do what it takes to obtain the fullness of the Spirit in time.
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
Misconceptions by some Christians

Christians understand that at the time of the rapture those to be snatched up to heaven will suddenly be changed from mortal to immortality, when the trumpet sounds. But the problem is with their understanding of which kind of Christians that will be so transformed. A lot of Christians believe that the typical “born again” Christians of today will experience the sudden transformation. Such Christians believe that the trumpet could sound right now and the born-agains will be whisked up to heaven. The big problem with this understanding is that nature does not allow discontinuity or sudden change. In the Parable of the ten virgins, the foolish virgins asked for sudden filling with the fullness of the Spirit (Mt. 25:8 ), but it was not granted to them. There is a minimum time allowed for reaching fullness of the Spirit.

In order for Jesus to transform from an ordinary man living in Nazareth to the extra-ordinary man that he was during his earthly ministry, he had to spend 40 days in the desert. In order for Elijah to be fit to be taken up to heaven, he had to trek for 40 days to reach Horeb, the mount of God.

Only those who are filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit of God can make the rapture. In order to be filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit of God, a person must have pure heart. Jesus’ 40-day desert experience was for the purpose of purging his heart of the world. Elijah’s 40-day trek to Horeb purged his heart of the world so that he could meet with God. Moses’ 40-day sojourn on Mount Sinai prepared his heart so that he could meet God. Today’s Christian’s, who are so engrossed with the world, expect that the grace of God will suddenly fill them with the fullness of the Holy Spirit and then immediately transform them to immortals and whisk them up to heaven. The God of today’s Christians is different from the God of Moses, Elijah and Jesus.

The reality is that before the rapture takes place, we will see people of God who are filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit of God. These people will be exactly as Jesus was during his earthly ministry. They will do all the works that Jesus did; they will even do greater work than Jesus did (Jn. 14:12). The latter rain will of course be greater than the early rain.
Re: About The Rapture by jonero4(m): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hmmmm I belong to Comment Readers Association of Nigeria (CRAON). Our duty is to read, hit like, smile and pass. We no dey find trouble oo. Lol.. And pls try and be vry brief with ur comments so we can move quickly to the next comments thank u, also if you are a member of this association, #hitlikeandpass #NofindTrouble ooooo
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 1:36am On Feb 18, 2018
The Promise is for Israelites

Ro. 9:3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race,
Ro. 9:4 the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.

Whatever promise God has made is primarily to the Israelites. But God has always allowed gentiles to join the Israelites in the enjoyment of the fulfillment of God’s promises. When God rescued Israel out of Egypt, some Egyptians left Egypt with the Israelites and journeyed to the Promised Land with them. Those Egyptians became assimilated into Israel, forever.

There is this misconception that the rapture will take the gentile church out of the world so that God will turn His attention to Israel. Unfortunately, the rapture is actually the fulfillment of God’s promise of resurrection to Israel (Ezekiel 37). Israelites will always be at the forefront of the fulfillment of any of God’s promises. The gentiles can join the Israelites in enjoying the fulfillment. The promise of adoption as sons of God and the promise of divine glory belongs to Israel; but the gentiles are allowed to join in the fulfillment. The gentiles can never go first.

Ro. 11:15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
Ro. 11:16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

Descendants of Israelites of old will be the first people to be filled with fullness of the Spirit in this end time. The first set of Israelites to be filled with the fullness of the Spirit become the firstfruits. This will mark the acceptance of Israel by God and will lead to resurrection and rapture of the people of God. Ro. 11:16 makes it clear that it is only after the firsfruits of Israel has been made perfect that Christians from different parts of the world can become perfect by receiving the fullness of the Spirit. The firstfruits of Israel are the 144,000 Israelites. They together form the woman of Revelation 12. The ministry of the woman of Revelation 12 will make a lot of people perfect.
Re: About The Rapture by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 18, 2018
Not gonna happen - a myth !!

1 Like

Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 6:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Je. 44:8 Why provoke me to anger with what your hands have made, burning incense to other gods in Egypt, where you have come to live? You will destroy yourselves and make yourselves an object of cursing and reproach among all the nations on earth.

Je. 44:13 I will punish those who live in Egypt with the sword, famine and plague, as I punished Jerusalem.
Je. 44:14 None of the remnant of Judah who have gone to live in Egypt will escape or survive to return to the land of Judah, to which they long to return and live; none will return except a few fugitives.”

Je. 44:25 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: You and your wives have shown by your actions what you promised when you said, ‘We will certainly carry out the vows we made to burn incense and pour out drink offerings to the Queen of Heaven.’ “Go ahead then, do what you promised! Keep your vows!
Je. 44:26 But hear the word of the LORD, all Jews living in Egypt: ‘I swear by my great name,’ says the LORD, ‘that no-one from Judah living anywhere in Egypt shall ever again invoke my name or swear, “As surely as the Sovereign LORD lives.”

In Jeremiah 43, we see a group of Israelites from Judah that stubbornly migrated to Egypt, contrary to the word of God given to them by Jeremiah. In Jeremiah 44, those Israelites had gone deep into the idolatry of Egypt. God warned them to refrain from idol worship, but they refused and openly voiced out their refusal. God disconnected them from His name and idol worship became their only religion.

God pronounced that almost all the Isrealites that went down to Egypt would die in Egypt. Their descendants would not bother to go back to Judah since Africa was the only place they knew. God had pronounced that He would punish these Israelites with sword, famine and plague. As these Israelites faced the sword, famine and plague, they migrated beyond the land of Cush. They eventually reached the rain forest region of what is now known as Nigeria and finally settled among the aboriginal people there. Due to extensive intermarriage with the aboriginal people, today they are indistinguishable from other Africans.

In the mid-1990s, towards the end of each year, some white evangelists were holding Christian workshops in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. They proclaimed that the whole world is waiting for Nigeria. God later made me to understand that the whole world is waiting for the Israelites in Nigeria.

God deliberately disconnected Nigeria’s Israelites from the world Jewry, so that they would not be contaminated by the religious beliefs of the world Jewry. For centuries, these hidden Israelites were buried in total idol worship, even though they maintained adherence to ancient hebrew culture. Towards the end of the 19th century, European missionaries began to reach the hidden Israelites with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It is very interesting that Zephaniah 3 (Old Testament) says that Israelites residing in Nigeria, who believe in Jesus as the Christ, will spearhead the purification of the peoples of the world.
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 6:07am On Feb 18, 2018
When will it begin?

The sign of Revelation 12 appeared in the sky on September 23, 2017. That was a pronouncement that the woman of Revelation 12 is about to arise. God synchronizes His great moves on earth with the ancient Hebrew calendar. The great end-time revival will begin on the first day of the first month of the ancient Hebrew calendar in 2018. The first day of the first month is the day of new moon in March 2018—four weeks away.
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2018
Zep. 3:19 At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you; I will rescue the lame and gather those who have been scattered. I will give them praise and honour in every land where they were put to shame.
Zep. 3:20 At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honour and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes,” says the LORD.

God is about to restore the fortunes of Israelites still under oppression in diaspora. I pity those who have not yet repented of unjust treatment of Israelites in Nigeria.
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 9:30am On Feb 24, 2018
Kei144:

Je. 44:13 I will punish those who live in Egypt with the sword, famine and plague, as I punished Jerusalem.

In Jeremiah 43, we see a group of Israelites from Judah that stubbornly migrated to Egypt, contrary to the word of God given to them by Jeremiah. In Jeremiah 44, those Israelites had gone deep into the idolatry of Egypt. God warned them to refrain from idol worship, but they refused and openly voiced out their refusal. God disconnected them from His name and idol worship became their only religion.

God pronounced that almost all the Isrealites that went down to Egypt would die in Egypt. Their descendants would not bother to go back to Judah since Africa was the only place they knew. God had pronounced that He would punish these Israelites with sword, famine and plague. As these Israelites faced the sword, famine and plague, they migrated beyond the land of Cush. They eventually reached the rain forest region of what is now known as Nigeria and finally settled among the aboriginal people there. Due to extensive intermarriage with the aboriginal people, today they are indistinguishable from other Africans.

The Biafran war was a clear manifestation of sword, famine and plague (kwashiokor).
Re: About The Rapture by paxonel(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2018

...The people of God that will be snatched up to heaven
op, show me where this your phrase of yours is emphasied in any of the scriptures you quoted above ??
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 10:02am On Feb 24, 2018
paxonel:
op, show me where this your phrase of yours is emphasied in any of the scriptures you quoted above ??

1Th. 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Re: About The Rapture by paxonel(m): 10:14am On Feb 24, 2018
Kei144:
When will it begin?

The sign of Revelation 12 appeared in the sky on September 23, 2017. That was a pronouncement that the woman of Revelation 12 is about to arise. God synchronizes His great moves on earth with the ancient Hebrew calendar. The great end-time revival will begin on the first day of the first month of the ancient Hebrew calendar in 2018. The first day of the first month is the day of new moon in March 2018—four weeks away.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: About The Rapture by paxonel(m): 10:18am On Feb 24, 2018
Kei144:

Ok grin
I understand where your problem is coming from.

Have you ever heard of the term "figurative language " before, if you did literature in English atleast?
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 11:11am On Feb 24, 2018
paxonel:

Ok grin
I understand where your problem is coming from.

Have you ever heard of the term "figurative language " before, if you did literature in English atleast?

I am an engineer. The only thing I know about language theory is in terms of formal (machine) languages.

Actually, I took the phrase "snatched up to heaven" from Re. 12:5, where the manchild born by the woman of Revelation 12 is taken up to heaven; that is a description of the rapture.
Re: About The Rapture by paxonel(m): 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kei144:

I am an engineer. The only thing I know about language theory is in terms of formal (machine) languages.

Actually, I took the phrase "snatched up to heaven" from Re. 12:5, where the manchild born by the woman of Revelation 12 is taken up to heaven; that is a description of the rapture.
All that in revelation( sometimes you will see things like mark of the beast, 666, pests having teeths like lion, etc), including 1 thes 4:17. They are all figurative languages commonly used in the bible. What that means is that these phrases have indept meaning beyond what we see when we read them.
A good example of figurative languages are Jesus parables, he only interpreted few of his parables to his disciples.
For instance, Jesus interpreted one of his figurative language like this.

Matthew 13:37.He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38.The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

When you seperate the elements

Good seed sower=son of man
The field where the seed is being sown =the world
The good seed=children of the kingdom
The tares=children of the wicked ones
The enemy =the devil
The harvest = end of the world
The reapers = the angels

This is how to interprete a typical figurative language in the bible, it takes nothing spiritual or special ability to do, but to simply follow the elements and relate them to idea in the text.

Now let's go back to that 1 thes 4:17 again.

We who still alive = ?
Caught up together =?
In the clouds = in the air=?

For you to get the meaning of this elements then you have to read the whole chapter again (if possible) and relate it to see if what you think they mean(rapture) correlate with the point Paul was trying to pass across.
When you do that you will discover that the intention of Paul or the summary was not to talk about rapture(the word rapture do not exist in the bible) but to talk about resurrection of the dead .

Resurrection of the dead implies that christians will resurrect back to life and live again here on earth.

All I'm saying is, CAUGHT UP TOGETHER IN THE CLOUDS in 1 thes 4:17 do not necessarily mean people carried away to the clouds, find out it meaning.

You see how religion has been throwing millions into confusion all the while?
Don't follow your pastors or church, read your bible and understand it.
Re: About The Rapture by Kei144(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
paxonel:

All that in revelation( sometimes you will see things like mark of the beast, 666, pests having teeths like lion, etc), including 1 thes 4:17. They are all figurative languages commonly used in the bible. What that means is that these phrases have indept meaning beyond what we see when we read them.
A good example of figurative languages are Jesus parables, he only interpreted few of his parables to his disciples.
For instance, Jesus interpreted one of his figurative language like this.

Matthew 13:37.He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38.The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

When you seperate the elements

Good seed sower=son of man
The field where the seed is being sown =the world
The good seed=children of the kingdom
The tares=children of the wicked ones
The enemy =the devil
The harvest = end of the world
The reapers = the angels

This is how to interprete a typical figurative language in the bible, it takes nothing spiritual or special ability to do, but to simply follow the elements and relate them to idea in the text.

Now let's go back to that 1 thes 4:17 again.

We who still alive = ?
Caught up together =?
In the clouds = in the air=?

For you to get the meaning of this elements then you have to read the whole chapter again (if possible) and relate it to see if what you think they mean(rapture) correlate with the point Paul was trying to pass across.
When you do that you will discover that the intention of Paul or the summary was not to talk about rapture(the word rapture do not exist in the bible) but to talk about resurrection of the dead .

Resurrection of the dead implies that christians will resurrect back to life and live again here on earth.

All I'm saying is, CAUGHT UP TOGETHER IN THE CLOUDS in 1 thes 4:17 do not necessarily mean people carried away to the clouds, find out it meaning.

You see how religion has been throwing millions into confusion all the while?
Don't follow your pastors or church, read your bible and understand it.

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Ro. 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Ro. 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs — heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Jn. 14:2 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
Jn. 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Jesus is an example of the path that every person that God will adopt as His son must follow. The person's journey as a son of God begins with baptism into the Spirit of God. The person then goes through purification by washing with water through the word (Ep. 5:26). When the person's heart becomes pure through the purification, God gives the fullness of the Spirit. It is the fullness of the Spirit that does the resurrection (Ro. 1:4). Shortly after resurrection comes ascension to heaven. Because of a great move of God that will begin around this year's Easter, a lot of people (the wise virgins of Matthew 25) will receive fullness of the Spirit; they will be resurrected in the land of the living. These are the ones who will make rapture from the land of the living,

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Ten Virgins / These Are Signs That You Are Under A Spell. / Police Summons Pastor After Allegedly Bringing Dead Man Back To Life. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.