Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,199 members, 7,839,083 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April (1702 Views)

Poll: Will Arsenal secure a victory over City?

Yes, definitely: 25% (1 vote)
No, City will force a draw: 0% (0 votes)
No, they'll lose: 75% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Cristalz(f): 9:45am On Apr 23, 2010
Arsenal will be battling for 3 vital points when they welcome Manchester City to the Emirates on Saturday.

Arsenal have lost twice to City this season - 4-2 in the League and 3-0 in the Carling Cup - but they have not lost at home to them since 1975. Since the 3-2 reverse at Highbury, the teams have met 24 times with Arsenal winning 18 and six games drawn.

Arsenal's failure against Wigan means that they have lost their last three games, two in the Premier League and one in the Champions League, conceding nine goals in the process. If they lose for a third successive Premier League game it will represent their worst sequence in League football for three years, when they lost to Everton, Liverpool and West Ham, between March 18 and April 7 2007 - and finished fourth.

Manuel Almunia should return to goal but Thomas Vermaelen, Cesc Fabregas, Aaron Ramsey, William Gallas, Kieron Gibbs and Johan Djourou are out while Alex Song is doubtful. But Andrei Arshavin could be involved.

Earlier in the day, Spurs are at Manchester United where they get the chance to further reinforce fourth place. But if they lose, City can return to fourth place with three games to go.

City test Sylvinho and Martin Petrov but Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott and Martin Johnson are still absent. But City should include former Arsenal favourites Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure, with the former set for a hostile return following the manner in which he celebrated a goal in the 4-2 win over Arsenal earlier this season.
Adebayor ran half the length of the field and was later banned three games for a stamp of Robin van Persie.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Freiburger(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2010
I think this is a do or die match for Arsenal after that careless lost to wigan athletic.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by yemmight(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2010
There's no do or die in any game. If they do play good food footy against City, like United do, victory is on the way. They must try and manage the attacking force to reduce pressure.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by tkb417(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2010
more of a do or die for Citey

Arsenal arent competing nothn anymore

they can as well lose by any margin

Verdict: with all the missing players and with nothn at stake, Citey to win 3-2
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by khanye(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
Arsenal 1 - city 3 cool

#RIP Dagrin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by 4llerbe(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2010
frankly, this is gonna be the lowest point of the season.

silvestre and sol vs adebayor, tevez and bellamy, lord have mercy.

im already weeping for the comedy of errors going to be unleashed.

besides, Mancity want it more, arsenal players just cant be bothered anymore, they never believed they could win the title, now with the impossibility of that added to the fact that they know 3rd place goes into champs lge, they wont move a muscle unnecessarily.

these are players who could not even be motivated by a derby against spurs, how will the sight of adebayor be the motivation?

city 5 arsenal 1
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Emperoh(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2010
I am sticking my neck on this game. . . . . . .Arsenal is losing this one!!
Everything seem against them!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by mbulela: 1:21am On Apr 24, 2010
Kolo has revealed the real reason why he left Arsenal or the first time.

[b]Kolo Touré has spoken publicly for the first time about the breakdown in his relationship with William Gallas and admitted that it was the tension of not being on speaking terms with one of his team-mates, refusing even to talk during matches, that made him decide to leave Arsenal.

The bad feeling between the two former central defensive partners became so deep‑rooted, according to Touré, they would not even discuss match instructions. Touré eventually became so disillusioned he handed in a transfer request and, even though it was rejected initially, he had made up his mind that the situation was both intolerable and irreparable, eventually moving to Manchester City last summer for £16m.

"When you play with somebody and you don't even talk to each other on the pitch it's really difficult," he said. "Me and Gallas , we didn't talk to each other at all. One of us had to go and it was me. It was coming down to me really because I didn't want to put the team in a difficult position, so I was the one who said I wanted to go.

"As a player, I had great respect for Gallas because he was older than me and in Africa when someone is older you have respect for them, but I think sometimes he took advantage of that in some ways. I had six years at Arsenal but the last two were very difficult. It can happen in football that you argue with somebody in training but when you are not even talking on the pitch something has to change."[/b]
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by elowa: 11:36am On Apr 24, 2010
"How market" town-criers should be ready to ask Gaynnerz the ultimate question
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Sauron1: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
Fabianski

Sagna   Campbell     Silvestre     Clichy

Alex Song
         Diaby                          Nasri

Walcott                                       Rosicky
                      Van Persie

-------------------------------------------------
                      Tevez

Bellamy          Barry           ohnson

De Jong          Vieira

Bridge   Kompany    Toure   Zabaleta

Given
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2010
Wonder what wenger sees in Flappyhandski. If he's doing this to prove a point, wrong move! Market go sell à la Tevez!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by follypimpi(m): 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2010
Who cares if we win sef.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by follypimpi(m): 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2010
So fabianski in goal,buhahahaaaaa man city 5 arsenal 0
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Sauron1: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2010
follypimpi:

So fabianski in goal,buhahahaaaaa man city 5 arsenal 0

Diaby is useless!!!!
Where did Wenger find the Arabian donkey?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by kaypumpin2(m): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2010
~Sauron~:

Diaby is useless!!!!
Where did Wenger find the Arabian donkey?
What did he do?
He's been on Viera's case like the guy owes him sumn. undecided

The statistics tell the whole story. . . 2 shots at goal throughout the entire 90mins embarassed
I can't remember Fabianski making any save too undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by duduspace(m): 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2010
The game is quite drab, all our play is still concentrated in the center and little penetration, hope no defensive lapses occcur today. Its another test of a kind.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by nateevs(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2010
Only 15 posts . .
Is the dream so very dead?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by bgees(m): 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2010
This is unheard of shocked. Arsenal are playing and this thread is still on its first page. well ,maybe market no move.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by scantee(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2010
hahaaa where is every body!!!!!!!!!! the thread still in one page lol
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2010
The is the most boring game of football I have ever seen in my life.

Where is the entertaining EPL they all rant about
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by nateevs(m): 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2010
Shay Given's season is over.
Never knew a goalie could get injured like that.

City are making Arsenal look like a very defensively solid side.
And that's with a front line of Ade, Bellamy, Tevez and Johnson.

Very bad.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2010
Even silvestre's brain is not in his pocket as usual today
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2010
8 fu-cking minutes added at Emirates? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

WenGAY time!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by jerk: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2010
dayokanu:

WenGAY time!!!!!!!!!!
which club do support? Just running frm pillar to post. I dnt blame u coz any winning club is ur club,10 clubs fan in a season idiot.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2010
When you are looking for classic mor0ns, no one need look further than you.

The LovePeddler who shat you should be ashamed of the Group Intimacy that begat you in the first place
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by nateevs(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2010
jerk:

which club do support? Just running frm pillar to post. I dnt blame u coz any winning club is your club,10 clubs fan in a season idiot.

Who be dis?
If you have not been here for long why don't you ask questions?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by kaypumpin2(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2010
dayokanu:

WenGAY time!!!!!!!!!!
Are you sure you watched the whole match?Given's injury made the added time so.

*************yawns***********
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by mystikal(m): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2010
*hiss**
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by nateevs(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2010
The last time I checked, Arsenal were supposed to dismiss these teams with "consummate ease"
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
They have the easier run in aint it?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by khanye(m): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2010
Arsenal to win the EPL grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by presido1: 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2010
Is it mathematically over?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News : Roy Hogson Has Been Sacked ! This Is Good News For Liverpool Fans ! Mod Take N0te . / Biggest Match Fixing Scandal In European Football History / How Can You Not Concur With Me When I Say Laliga Is Trash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.