Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,926 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) (6253 Views)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / How Do I Get To Illorin From Lagos? / Car Leasing Services In Illorin,kwara State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2018
@OP...bros you for just enjoy the road trip na.
Rest assured your "paradise uyo" might not also be a paradise to other first time uyo visitors.
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Ttipsy(f): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
OP you said Owerri this n that...
only where I can credit Uyo over Owerri is in terms of Road infrastructure, apart from it, you cant compare both cities. Owerri is neat, entertaining, Amazing views and structures... maybe you made your conclusion while you still at the Highway going to Ilorin

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
uboma:

12k per night is cheap to me.

I won't even sleep in such hotels/motels.

I always stay at Kwara hotel whenever I am in Ilorin. Food is cheap and good. And there are a lot of persons from other states doing business opposite and the around the hotel.

By the way, where in Uyo do you reside?
12k per night in Ilorin is not cheap because the equivalent of that in lagos will be 25k to 30k and thay is the price of a standard hotel.

4 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
To say Ilorin is dirty is a big lie and to say No fine babes in Ilorin is another big lie. I lived there for a year and I had mad fun, I like the road network in the city, except where there is market or renovation going on, if you don't have money to flex in Ilorin, Ilorin will be super bored to you. Lautech students always come to ilorin on weekends to have fun. If you say Ilorin is the Headquarter of 419ers, I will agree. If you say most Ilorin men don't take care of their wives, I agree, if you say a husband may know who is phucking his wife and they will even be greeting each other, adultery they commit in Ilorin ehn, Lagos dey learn, agreed. Someone already mentioned hypocrisy...forget the Muslim tag in Ilorin, Ilorin is as bad as Lag and Ibadan. Only in Ilorin they will get drunk and still pray the 7pm and 8pm prayer. But to say Ilorin is dirty is wrong info

Godzlove8:
i won't emphasize on the issue much.. but i just gotta say i wasted my time and money to visit a place like illorin.

i was so happy to finally think that I'm gonna step my feet in one of the most popular city in Nigeria. from what I've been seeing in pictures and reading what people write about the city of illorin.. in my mind i thought i was gonna have a happy stay there.

So i left my beautiful paradise Uyo, Akwa ibom (Just came to know that uyo is a paradise after i visited illorin) cheesy

I left itam park in uyo to illorin around 8:30am . arrived at ile ife.. from there the driver stopped us at osogbo.. then i took another bus there to illorin.

to be truthful with you guys.. i just came to realise that no state or city in Nigeria can match the beauty in uyo.

asin, i passed few cities on my way to illorin and i shook my head in disappointment.

it looked to me like i was in another country entirely..

from aba to onitsha to owerri to sapele to asaba to benin to ondo to illorin. . swear non of this cities pleased my eyes.

especially in onitsha.. i mean, how do people survive there?

just when i thought I've seen it all.. i now arrived at illorin.. chai

immediately i came down from the bus, i swear to God i vomitted.. people were just looking at me.. and in illorin, you can easily differentiate between a visitor and the occupants there.. because those from illorin look unkept and poor..

ma no lie.. illorin is a village.. and a very nice village sha with dust everywhere

before i forget.. they are so used to their language that most of them don't understand english again

i had to call an interpreter severally when i want to make a request or ask questions.

their food? hmm

throughout my 1 day stay.. i didnt have any appetite to eat.. went to a hotel and bought a plate of rice.. then slept off..

but what i ate this morning .. only God knows what i passed through to swallow that sh*t they call eba..

i forced myself to take 2 balls then stood up.

about the girls? hmm.. the ones i saw looked stressed out

no beautiful girl sha.. they are just there..

and you guys shouldn't think i stayed at a particular place in illorin.. cos i actually went round illorin

city is messed up

i wanted to stay for a week.. but right now, I'm on my way to uyo..

can't wait to visit my paradise

it is now that I've come to appreciate and love my city

i once thought that uyo wasn't that beautiful as people claim it is.. but what i saw in other states I've made me realise that uyo is a paradise..

ok bye!

to those that stays at illorin.. abeg make una enjoy una state.. una no go everly see me again

lagos is next grin

5 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
On the food aspect, go to African pot, go to chronicles, you are a stranger there, I will take you to 10 small restaurants where you will get bush meat, ogunfe, correct food. generally hotel foods are rubbish. Have you tried wanche in Ilorin? Banku? their fried wara, fura or posh boli and chicken? If to say u be fashion guy, visit GQ, MondieS, soundbAr sef, water view, millennium hotel bar(like 10-12 big tv inside that small bar o)

there is a zoo before unilorin gate sef.

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:

shopping mall and hotel does not make a city beautiful, what makes a city beautiful is good roads, beautiful houses and clean environment.
tell em
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by SamReinvented: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
This writer is bullshitting. I've been to both Uyo and Ilorin. .....and they are not even comparable.

To start with, Uyo is a very small city..both in size and population. ....there's really nothing going on there. When you get passed the fancy main roads that was built by the recent administrations, the inner roads are horrible and almost nonexistent. You'll rarely find fancy buildings too. The largely residential buildings are just bleh.

Ilorin is always my next city to pick (I think calabar would be good too, but I'm yet to visit), after abuja, when it comes to road infrastructure. The networks are amazing; they are also well maintained and cleaned (like crispy clean - I once plied the roads very early in the morning and I saw the uniformed women who clean them daily). As several people here have mentioned already, the roads constantly undergo renovations and overhauling. The only other city where this actually happens is abuja.

The airport is also very functional and well maintained... compared to some of the horrible airports I've been in this Nigeria. Plus, there are a couple of very standard and modern bars and clubs in Ilorin. I couldn't find any in Uyo. The ones I found on Google and the ones suggested by local hotel guys are very far from the word standard/modern.

If I should pick which city looks more like a village (in terms of both infrastructure and activities going on), I'll pick Uyo, not Ilorin. I don't know what this poster is on about.

9 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 10:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
SamReinvented:
This writer is bullshitting. I've been to both Uyo and Ilorin. .....and they are not even comparable.

To start with, Uyo is a very small city..both in size and population. ....there's really nothing going on there. When you get passed the fancy main roads that was built by the recent administrations, the inner roads are horrible and almost nonexistent. You'll rarely find fancy buildings too. The largely residential buildings are just bleh.

Ilorin is always my next city to pick (I think calabar would be good too, but I'm yet to visit), after abuja, when it comes to road infrastructure. The networks are amazing; they are also well maintained and cleaned (like crispy clean - I once plied the roads very early in the morning and I saw the uniformed women who clean them daily). As several people here have mentioned already, the roads constantly undergo renovations and overhauling. The only other city where this actually happens is abuja.

The airport is also very functional and well maintained... compared to some of the horrible airports I've been in this Nigeria. Plus, there are a couple of very standard and modern bars and clubs in Ilorin. I couldn't find any in Uyo. The ones I found on Google and the ones suggested by local hotel guys are very far from the word standard/modern.

If I should pick which city looks more like a village (in terms of both infrastructure and activities going on), I'll pick Uyo, not Ilorin. I don't know what this poster is on about.

sorry you meant to say oyo and not uyo.. two different city bro. check on your spellings next time.. thanks. enjoy ur beautiful illorin grin
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Afam4eva(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ihe never been to Ilorin but when i served in Owerri some years ago, guys from Owerri actually told.me that Ilorin was no match for Owerri in terms of beauty and cleanliness but was bigger. Of i were to judge based on that, the OP may be correct considering the fact that Owerri and Uyo are similar.

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by spaggyy(m): 8:07am On Feb 21, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:

shopping mall and hotel does not make a city beautiful, what makes a city beautiful is good roads, beautiful houses and clean environment.

Did you comprehend my comment at all?

Or you missed where I wrote "
To mention few!!! Because visiting this four places alone will expose you to beauty of the land, you won't miss the beautiful and magnificent buildings, the beautiful connecting roads. "

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 05, 2018
Godzlove8:
i won't emphasize on the issue much.. but i just gotta say i wasted my time and money to visit a place like illorin.

i was so happy to finally think that I'm gonna step my feet in one of the most popular city in Nigeria. from what I've been seeing in pictures and reading what people write about the city of illorin.. in my mind i thought i was gonna have a happy stay there.

So i left my beautiful paradise Uyo, Akwa ibom (Just came to know that uyo is a paradise after i visited illorin) cheesy

I left itam park in uyo to illorin around 8:30am . arrived at ile ife.. from there the driver stopped us at osogbo.. then i took another bus there to illorin.

to be truthful with you guys.. i just came to realise that no state or city in Nigeria can match the beauty in uyo.

asin, i passed few cities on my way to illorin and i shook my head in disappointment.

it looked to me like i was in another country entirely..

from aba to onitsha to owerri to sapele to asaba to benin to ondo to illorin. . swear non of this cities pleased my eyes.

especially in onitsha.. i mean, how do people survive there?

just when i thought I've seen it all.. i now arrived at illorin.. chai

immediately i came down from the bus, i swear to God i vomitted.. people were just looking at me.. and in illorin, you can easily differentiate between a visitor and the occupants there.. because those from illorin look unkept and poor..

ma no lie.. illorin is a village.. and a very nice village sha with dust everywhere

before i forget.. they are so used to their language that most of them don't understand english again

i had to call an interpreter severally when i want to make a request or ask questions.

their food? hmm

throughout my 1 day stay.. i didnt have any appetite to eat.. went to a hotel and bought a plate of rice.. then slept off..

but what i ate this morning .. only God knows what i passed through to swallow that sh*t they call eba..

i forced myself to take 2 balls then stood up.

about the girls? hmm.. the ones i saw looked stressed out

no beautiful girl sha.. they are just there..

and you guys shouldn't think i stayed at a particular place in illorin.. cos i actually went round illorin

city is messed up

i wanted to stay for a week.. but right now, I'm on my way to uyo..

can't wait to visit my paradise

it is now that I've come to appreciate and love my city

i once thought that uyo wasn't that beautiful as people claim it is.. but what i saw in other states I've made me realise that uyo is a paradise..

ok bye!

to those that stays at illorin.. abeg make una enjoy una state.. una no go everly see me again

lagos is next grin

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Puvor: 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
OP is definitely biased. This is the same Ilorin he spoke of.

3 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
Puvor:
this can't be the illorin i travelled to.. this looks like some part in uyo village
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
I actually had a great time in Ilorin when I visited.

I went to Dada Pottery, Iya Yusuf Restaurant, Unilorin Zoo, Esie Museum and to Oowu falls outside the city. You have to find the beauty in places you visit - especially within Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Olamega78(m): 11:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
As far as the OP's account about Ilorin is concerned, I'll say YES and NO! I personally, admit that the infrastructural facilities obtainable in Ilorin are not too good and the government can do more, given the fact that it's an old state which was created alongside Kano and some other ancient states. But, it's unfortunate that the OP's adventure is not well executed hence the horrible and not impressive experience. Ilorin, if well explored, can be quite interesting and memorable.
Maybe when next you decide to embark on such trip, get yourself a tour guide and/or locals that will guide you through your adventure. Don't forget that, Uyo is an oil producing state while Kwara is not. Therefore, you cannot make a conclusion based on your haphazardly executed trip. Thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by SamReinvented: 1:21am On Mar 11, 2018
Puvor:

I saw African Pot in the third pic. I've eaten there a couple of times....they make some very tasty delicacies. grin grin cool cool.
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by SamReinvented: 1:27am On Mar 11, 2018
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by yungchop: 11:25am On Feb 10, 2019
The op probably stayed around that Ganmo and Gaa Akanbi side.. That picture of dusty road is around that offa garage.. You're still not in Ilorin properly sir..
Did you visit Agric?
How about CBN side?
GRA
Palms?
Pipeline?
Gaa odota?

Maybe you no even reach Taiwo self you come claim dey you enter ilorin.. Guy park well make thunder no fire you for that lie oo..

I live in Abuja, maitama to be precise. You should know that it takes a lot for a place to look amazing to me but guy you saying Ilorin is dirty and boring is the biggest lie I've heard in a while now.. Wtf? I'm a final year student of Unilorin and all through my 5 years here.. It's been madt fun..

Then the Almighty Tanke when students are on session?

Can you come back to Ilorin before I graduate?
I volunteer to take you around when next you come. All your bills on me.
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by yungchop: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2019
Puvor:

It's like you're a student ba? That's the Auditorium / senate building in the last picture
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by abiodunakande19: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
The op visited Ilorin and didn't remember any place. He just went round trekking all over d city..Took pictures with a 2 mega pixel fone. Snapped a bolus of amala and a gutter with no landmark and when he was done trekking, he got to another place he can't remember the name and took a bus back to Uyo..

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by OVB123: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
femijck:
U cannot know much about any city u ve only stayed in for less than a week...ilorin Is not a paradise and it's far from perfect....but it's not as bad as u portray it to be...
The mistake u made was that u didn't ask or make proper enquiry about where to stay or visit in Ilorin. And instead of staying or visiting the newly developed or students area, u av probably stayed among the indigenes.

Almost 1/2 of the population of people in Ilorin are students and business guys from allover Nigeria and there is so much diversity.....so u did not make proper enquiry before u travel...even if u visit USA and u don't do ur assignment properly, u will say the same thing.....next time don't make that mistake and if u by chance visit Ilorin again don't go when the institutions are on break....
There are more than 5 institutions in Ilorin alone...make friends with them and let them show u around. I schooled and lived in Ilorin for about 5 years.
True talk
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by OVB123: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
To say Ilorin is dirty is a big lie and to say No fine babes in Ilorin is another big lie. I lived there for a year and I had mad fun, I like the road network in the city, except where there is market or renovation going on, if you don't have money to flex in Ilorin, Ilorin will be super bored to you. Lautech students always come to ilorin on weekends to have fun. If you say Ilorin is the Headquarter of 419ers, I will agree. If you say most Ilorin men don't take care of their wives, I agree, if you say a husband may know who is phucking his wife and they will even be greeting each other, adultery they commit in Ilorin ehn, Lagos dey learn, agreed. Someone already mentioned hypocrisy...forget the Muslim tag in Ilorin, Ilorin is as bad as Lag and Ibadan. Only in Ilorin they will get drunk and still pray the 7pm and 8pm prayer. But to say Ilorin is dirty is wrong info

What about the saying that their women do not marry outside illorin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airbus A380 / Top 10 Countries With The Cleanest And Safest Air To Breathe In The World. / British Student Visa: Should I Apply Alone Or With My Wife (as Dependent?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.