Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

What Is The Difference Between Purpose And Objective? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Difference Between Purpose And Objective? (384 Views)

Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. / Unemployment Insurance | Purpose And Who Is Eligible / Discover Your Gift & Purpose And Turn Them Into Wealth In 3 Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Purpose And Objective? by Omuneizzy6(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nairalanders, i understand that these two words sound different but their meaning is related
just like other words in the same family like;
Vision,Goals,Aim,Objective and purpose
But what i really need to know here is the difference between Objective and purpose...

Please someone should help am lost... Your point will be useful...
Re: What Is The Difference Between Purpose And Objective? by alex81(m): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
purpose: a general picture of ur responsibilities in order to achieve an end task or goal.

objective: specific task/responsibilities needed to achieve the main goal.

for eg

purpose might b to Cook rice.

objectives:

light up d gas/electric cooker.

perboil d rice,

prepare sauce, etc
Re: What Is The Difference Between Purpose And Objective? by JARUSHUB: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Nairalanders, i understand that these two words sound different but their meaning is related
just like other words in the same family like;
Vision,Goals,Aim,Objective and purpose
But what i really need to know here is the difference between Objective and purpose...

Please someone should help am lost... Your point will be useful...

GOAL

Ensuring your ambition and aim both for short term periods, as well as synchronizing it with the long term periods e.g. working towards changing our job profile to ensure that you pick up the right skill sets and your potential is recognized so as to meet you aims and move towards your ambition.

PURPOSE

This can be termed as an essential need of an individual, which gives a meaning to his/her actions. There is always a purpose behind all goals.

From a career perspective, this can further aid your understanding: http://www.jarushub.com/should-you-include-this-in-your-cv/

(1) (Reply)

*private Teachers/instructors* For *ican* Exams / Your Potential / Vacancies In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.