Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 (37878 Views)

Chelsea Vs Juventus UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd November 2021 / Barcelona Vs Juventus UCL (0 - 3) On 8th December 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by HITTED(m): 6:39am On Mar 08, 2018
shankara7:
They didn't take the match serious because their qualification was certain and that explains why they rested their key players.

Who said they didn't take the match seriously? Did you even watch the match? They dominated the game from beginning to end, had more attempts at goal than Basel but failed to win. They didn't play like they were joking...you should have seen the WTF look on Guardiola's face after the second concede. He was visibly pissed and shamed.

Truth is, Basel sat down, reviewed the last match and adopted a new strategy. That's how to know a good coach - he doesn't make the same mistake twice. You think City would win the first leg if Basel played with the same spirit they used yesterday? Take it or leave it, City have been exposed. There won't be easy sail for them henceforth.

And you said they rested key players. Who are these key players (how many of them), if I may ask?

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by mikedimeji(m): 6:52am On Mar 08, 2018
HITTED:

Who said they didn't take the match seriously? Did you even watch the match? They dominated the game from beginning to end, had more attempts at goal than Basel but failed to win. They didn't play like they were joking...you should have seen the WTF look on Guardiola's face after the second concede. He was visibly pissed and shamed.

Truth is, Basel sat down, reviewed the last match and adopted a new strategy. That's how to know a good coach - he doesn't make the same mistake twice. You think City would win the first leg if Basel played with the same spirit they used yesterday? Take it or leave it, City have been exposed. There won't be easy sail for them henceforth.

And you said they rested key players. Who are these key players (how many of them), if I may ask?
Lol, I believed u watch the match. All this ur analysis no carry water. That’s more like Man City second 11 and they were playing like snail. Just like he said, he needed to rest his first 11 because it wasn’t an important match. There’s no how he would have conceded 4 no matter what.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by akeentech(m): 6:53am On Mar 08, 2018
HITTED:

And you think Liverpool can beat Juve?

Liverpool can beat anybody...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by HITTED(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2018
akeentech:

Liverpool can beat anybody...

Not Juventus.

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by STILESGANG: 7:07am On Mar 08, 2018
bot101:

Forget that guy. Na Man City wey just start champions league 2 days ago dey talk. 4 - 0 don dey high dem dey make dem think say Barça na dia mate. My prayer be say make dem draw Man City against Barça make fowl nyash open.
As in the arrogance of the so called city fans is nauseating and the English media needs to tone down the hype.This city team is good but to me they haven't faced any real test,we can see what happened to PSG and how they were smashed by an average Madrid team this season.

Even guardiala is smart enough to admit that his team haven't gotten to that barca level yet but they can only do their best to.

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by saintkeppy(m): 7:23am On Mar 08, 2018
saintkeppy:

I'm not under-rating Spurs, playing open football with Juve, 1 of the most experience clubs in this competition might pose a problem, that 2away goal is too precious to Toy with, except u guys are Not just serious, then Juve will teach u how to score &defend till the end, trust Italians.

Spurs will exploit spaces &penetrate Juve.
Juve is very wary of this.
No doubt spurs play good football,
My broda, this is not premier league but UCL &knock-out stage.

You don't play open football all the time to impress people, Spurs had a precious 3goals &they threw it away by failing to do the needful (parking the bus).

If it were Mourinho, my broda, this match for end like 1-0 or at most 1-1, then progressed to the next stage.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by akeentech(m): 7:33am On Mar 08, 2018
HITTED:

Not Juventus.
Even Barca nd Madrid join Liverpool can beat anybody
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by njelrapheal: 7:43am On Mar 08, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
baba u no sabi ball if u do u go sabi d meaning of underdog and think about this if Madrid face man city who do you think bookies gon the lower odd to win (remember it involves ther money) and why Madrid experience no count against them Tot was winning they got Laxed due to d fact juve needs two gols they scored 1 and 2 atleat Kane hit bar it is all luck that was d difference Tottenham played them home and away baba they can't play that match again and juve should win Chelsea hit bar twice against barca it ended 1-1 Nah experience Abi luck am a mancity fan oh trust me ihavenot seen any team inspain that can beat me oh
u de rake. U suppose say u never see team u fit Beat for Spain. U think say na by gra gra

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Mayowa1056(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Bamz:

Hey, I'm only looking at trends here. At this rate, next week's fixture would be no different.
sad
Bamz:

Hey, I'm only looking at trends here. At this rate, next week's fixture would be no different.
....let wait till next week...
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Mayowa1056(m): 7:46am On Mar 08, 2018
heed101:
Ticket won grin
congrats..
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by RoyalBlak007: 8:13am On Mar 08, 2018
Claireshan1:
caring fire!!!! grin please try and eat when arsenal wins the premier league grin

Cc Arsenal Fans grin

"The number you've dialled is switched off" embarassed
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Claireshan1(f): 8:16am On Mar 08, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Cc Arsenal Fans grin

"The number you've dialled is switched off" embarassed
scammed keep trying

Abi isn't same line?
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by luwabrooklyn(m): 8:33am On Mar 08, 2018
STILESGANG:
So no team in Spain can beat city.Or do you think you are playing with chelsea or manu?Guardiala himself can't make a complete arrogant statement like this..

I'm even praying for a barca,city draw.Let me witness the so called pep magic.Maybe you are mistaking De bruyne for messi. grin
beat Chelsea first

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Catastrophe1: 8:35am On Mar 08, 2018
Cadec007:
liverpool are scared to play fellow english teams and you want to go italian?.......LMAO
scared of which English team? City , Chelsea and United or are there any other ?
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Catastrophe1: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2018
akeentech:

Even Barca nd Madrid join Liverpool can beat anybody
ignore him, shey na quarter final ? Every team got their weak point.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Catastrophe1: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
beat Chelsea first
Epic

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 8:49am On Mar 08, 2018
ominilongest:
..yes bro..that's y barca has more champions league..you're right grin
Use your upper, for the past 15years,madrid have been barca bitch,stop using franco blood stained era to delude yourself
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2018
marksleek25:
To all those yabbing Madrid-the year whichever club you support wins the UCL back to back, only then can you talk at the table of UCL kings. Even Barça no fit talk for where I de. Gbam!. Hala Madrid!!
You mean franco madrid or REFADRID grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2018
ominilongest:
are u for real.. Champions league bro,do u check d record..past four years only not to talk of the days of Stefano...no team can match real Madrid records in the champions league for now...12champions league,3 champions league in 4yrs..isn't that cool cool
Lool glad you had to go back to the franco era 50s,stained with blood and oppression,because when we look at the past two seasons it has been REFADRID grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2018
ominilongest:
no team will pray for Madrid at this stage of the champions league...no team bro
Except BARCERLONA,infact if we get through CHelsea we want REFADRID,So we can start celebrating the treble early only if WE Dont get the otther park the bus italian team in the semis
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by purplekayc(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2018
Spurs disappointed. What happened to.them after winning first leg.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by ominilongest(m): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2018
phaamsaam:
Except BARCERLONA,infact if we get through CHelsea we want REFADRID,So we can start celebrating the treble early only if WE Dont get the otther park the bus italian team in the semis
seriously?..Even ronaldo has more goals in the champions league than the whole Barcelona squad this year..pack well jare grin

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by marksleek25: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
phaamsaam:

You mean franco madrid or REFADRID grin
I guess you one of the yabbers! At the mention of Madrid, only one club comes to mind brother... One and only REAL MADRID!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
marksleek25:
I guess you one of the yabbers! At the mention of Madrid, only one club comes to mind brother... One and only REAL MADRID!
Just said the obvious,up to you to swallow it...REFADRID DE FRANCO
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 9:43am On Mar 08, 2018
ominilongest:
seriously?..Even ronaldo has more goals in the champions league than the whole Barcelona squad this year..pack well jare grin
lol has more goals, cant wait for another Santiago bernaLEO Visit...hopefully hot and cold balls doesnt prevail and REFadrid get shakhtar or roma, because even Juve in a knock out wouldnt be palatable for the franco team...keep basking in tapnaldo goals in the ucl...Fingers crossed
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2018
STILESGANG:
Which big team has man city faced this season.,And don't mention all those manu,Chelsea shit?
ur brain is paining u.... Wat has barca done dis season so wat mancity has done in premiiership is nothing abi...i hp Barça get Bayern Liverpool or mancity if de make it pass Chelsea
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by Heartmender1: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2018
Neimar:

lol
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by phaamsaam: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
ur brain is paining u.... Wat has barca done dis season so wat mancity has done in premiiership is nothing abi...i hp Barça get Bayern Liverpool or mancity if de make it pass Chelsea
None would be comfortable playing any spanish team, only if ur brain is paining you thats why you dont wanna use ur upper
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:13am On Mar 08, 2018
phaamsaam:

None would be comfortable playing any spanish team, only if ur brain is paining you thats why you dont wanna use ur upper
nobe all of us de dis season I ll see wat barca ll do
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by marksleek25: 10:23am On Mar 08, 2018
phaamsaam:

Just said the obvious,up to you to swallow it...REFADRID DE FRANCO
stale talk,say something else more engaging
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by onyxo76(m): 10:24am On Mar 08, 2018
i went for a juventus to qualify at odds of 3.00 on nairabet, when spurs scored I still kept faith with the Italians...I knew the experience in the competition will pay off.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 2) On 7th March 2018 by ominilongest(m): 10:50am On Mar 08, 2018
phaamsaam:

lol has more goals, cant wait for another Santiago bernaLEO Visit...hopefully hot and cold balls doesnt prevail and REFadrid get shakhtar or roma, because even Juve in a knock out wouldnt be palatable for the franco team...keep basking in tapnaldo goals in the ucl...Fingers crossed
..take a chill pill my nigga...we're d king of champions league kiss wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Brighton Vs Arsenal - ( 2 - 1) On 20th June 2020 / TRUE STORY:What i saw in my dream about CHELSEA fall in july. / Everton Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 13th December 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.