Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve (19003 Views)

Mikel Obi Set To Open A Football Academy In Jos, Visits Governor Lalong (Pics) / EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football / Meet Joel Obi's Wife And Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by robosky02(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Joel Obi, is set to return to the Super Eagles squad ahead of next month’s international friendlies against Poland and Serbia, four years after he last featured for Nigeria, Completesportsnigeria.com has reliably gathered.

Obi was on from the start for Torino against Turin rivals and champions Juventus in a Serie A clash on Sunday as he continued his impressive form in Italy this season. Juventus won 1-0.
The former Inter Milan star last featured for the Super Eagles in their 2-2 draw against Scotland in a 2014 friendly game in London.

Gernot Rohr’s men will take on Poland and Serbia on March 23 and March 27 respectively.

Obi has been in a rich vein of form in the Italian Serie A, scoring four goals in 17 league games (five goals in 19 games in all competitions).

“He (Joel Obi) brings a different dimension to the team. We saw the Super Eagles play a different system against Argentina and that’s part of the dynamism Rohr is hoping his side can evolve into before the World Cup,” a top source in the Nigerian Football Federation revealed to CSN.

Obi has made 12 international appearances for the Super Eagles since his debut in 2011.

Completesportsnigeria.com also gathered from the source that Rohr will make a late decision on whether to include any of the outfield Home Eagles players in his squad for the games.

“I don’t know as of now mabye later he (Rohr) will decide that,” the source added.

The Super Eagles are drawn in Group D alongside Iceland, Croatia and Argentina for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/obi-set-eagles-return-stars-torino-vs-juve-rohr-considers-chan-stars/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by robosky02(m): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Danielomisco(m): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
The guy is not bad o

4 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by robosky02(m): 8:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
Danielomisco:
The guy is not bad o

omo after okocha joel obi is the most gifted midfielder with sharp passes if not for injury that has kept them of and on

28 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by NwaNimo1(m): 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
Looks a average,,,,,,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Xavier9ja(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
Statistically he is good but is he performing at par with the statistics? E.g pogba is better statistically than kante and Lemina of southampton but I'll choose the latter two over pogba anyday cos they perform better on the pitch regardless of their ratings by the media. So joel Obi should go and chill.

2 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Dutchey(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
My dog be barking like an idiot disturbing my sleep. Your mate's are swallowing 35million, you are here barking for rat. pet that can not not swallow 35million is that one a pet??
...I'm dumping this mumu dog for snakes now. Please where can I buy correct snake that can swallow money and not humans oh!!

10 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Jarus(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
No home-based outfield player is SE material pls.

2 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by 2kris(m): 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
robosky02:

Joel Obi, is set to return to the Super Eagles squad ahead of next month’s international friendlies against Poland and Serbia, four years after he last featured for Nigeria, Completesportsnigeria.com has reliably gathered.

Obi was on from the start for Torino against Turin rivals and champions Juventus in a Serie A clash on Sunday as he continued his impressive form in Italy this season. Juventus won 1-0.who him wan bench
In did I onazi or ogu
The former Inter Milan star last featured for the Super Eagles in their 2-2 draw against Scotland in a 2014 friendly game in London.

Gernot Rohr’s men will take on Poland and Serbia on March 23 and March 27 respectively.

Obi has been in a rich vein of form in the Italian Serie A, scoring four goals in 17 league games (five goals in 19 games in all competitions).

“He (Joel Obi) brings a different dimension to the team. We saw the Super Eagles play a different system against Argentina and that’s part of the dynamism Rohr is hoping his side can evolve into before the World Cup,” a top source in the Nigerian Football Federation revealed to CSN.

Obi has made 12 international appearances for the Super Eagles since his debut in 2011.

Completesportsnigeria.com also gathered from the source that Rohr will make a late decision on whether to include any of the outfield Home Eagles players in his squad for the games.

“I don’t know as of now mabye later he (Rohr) will decide that,” the source added.

The Super Eagles are drawn in Group D alongside Iceland, Croatia and Argentina for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/obi-set-eagles-return-stars-torino-vs-juve-rohr-considers-chan-stars/

1 Like

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Stanleyville(m): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
abeg theguy shuldgo nd sidon..he's had his chanceS already..wetin hm take am do??

1 Like

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Oseapple01: 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
FTC soon
Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by lexyman(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
i wish this guy is free from injury... its been long Super Eagles play wth a very skilful midfielder

13 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Bonaventura(m): 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
ladeb:
nasooo na beat dem go still beat unna for world cup
Prophet of doom

5 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by robosky02(m): 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
ok
Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Apination(m): 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
Some people wen no know we're valve dey for football still dey criticize undecided
Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Afobear: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
Stanleyville:
abeg theguy shuldgo nd sidon..he's had his chanceS already..wetin hm take am do??
you be MuMu

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by victormeg(m): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
King990:
Buhari your death will be more painful than that of Oduduwa.
You'll die as a loser and bury as a loser that you're.
Useless uncircumcised bloody mentally deranged idiot

Are you through? Say baba 2019.whether you like it or not. When they say vote pdp in 2014,una say no.the suffer must continue for una 2019.anofia.you never see anything. If you like curse from now till eternity,he must come back 2019 and your suffering and cursing must continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:39pm On Feb 19, 2018
lexyman:
i wish this guy is free from injury... its been long Super Eagles play wth a very skilful midfielder
He's not VERY skillful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by femi4: 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
That guy and injury are....
Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by handsomeyinka(m): 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Good midfielder......he plays better than lalasticlala.
Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by kassano22(m): 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
After 4yrs,Them don de come back one by one as world cup don de reach. E remain mutiu adepoju to be invited to SE for world cup frendlies.

2 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by gegee(m): 10:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
I've always liked this guy's style of plat he's very skillful on the ball i hope he makes it to the world cup. na Gernet Rohr hold knife and yam

10 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by aspirebig: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Scoring 5 goals in all competitions.....not even a double digit and he is being celebrated?

When we go learn?

I hope Taribo West will also join our defence line to fortify the SE defence, with the likes of Uche Okechukwu....their experience is needed for this W/cup.

Shiòooor...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by BrutusOj(m): 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
gegee:
I've always liked this guy's style of plat he's very skillful on the ball i hope he makes it to the world cup. na Gernet Rohr hold knife and yam
You and few guys here watched him play for real. Like someone stated above, after JJ Okocha, Joel is the next Skillful mid fielder we ever had. injury just wouldn't let some players show them selves when it matters the most. I pray he stays strong till world cup, we need someone like him in the squard to do man our mid field to open way forward

1 Like

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by RZArecta2(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
ladeb:
nasooo na beat dem go still beat unna for world cup
mkpi cool

1 Like

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by somteez: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Rohr should pick onuachu and onyeka from midttyland Denmark. Those 2 are damn BAD

2 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Harrytimbog(m): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Christian Obodo should be in the picture too.....nigga was nicknamed bundle of skills during his days. Even if he is older than buhari, d mumu dem still fit pick m. Experience is d key word.
Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
Majority of the guys criticizing Joel Obi have not seen him play. The dude is a good and skillful creative midfielder, which the Super Eagles badly need in the world cup(you can check out his highlight against Juventus if you don't believe me) . Injuries have just been extremely cruel to him. More so, those guys sarcastically calling for the recall of Taribo West and Mutiu Adepoju do not know that Joel is actually younger than Mikel Obi. He is probably 26 or 27.
If anything happens to Mikel at the world cup, maybe injury or if he is tightly marked in a match, there is no other genuine creator in that midfield. That's why we badly need Joel and just pray he doesn't get injured because, like Diaby, he is made of glass.

15 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by justy15: 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
Joel is the best n most skillful midfielder Nigeria could have had after jayjay if not for injury worries, hope he come back fit

4 Likes

Re: Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 20, 2018
OlamideOkadigbo:
Majority of the guys criticizing Joel Obi have not seen him play. The dude is a good and skillful creative midfielder, which the Super Eagles badly need in the world cup(you can check out his highlight against Juventus if you don't believe me) . Injuries have just been extremely cruel to him. More so, those guys sarcastically calling for the recall of Taribo West and Mutiu Adepoju do not know that Joel is actually younger than Mikel Obi. He is probably 26 or 27.
If anything happens to Mikel at the world cup, maybe injury or if he is tightly marked in a match, there is no other genuine creator in that midfield. That's why we badly need Joel and just pray he doesn't get injured because, like Diaby, he is made of glass.

I liked his style of play the first time I watched him play for Nigeria. I followed his game when he was at Inter Milan, I admired his power, deft left foot, passes and shootings...however for whatever reasons, those qualities are long gone or have deserted him. He hasn’t grown or added much to his talent.

I watched him come out at Craven Cottage, I saw him during the warm up trying to chip the ball over Agbim and I thought he was back to show Nigerians what we’ve been missing but during the match against Scotland, I think he was one of the greatest disappointments in that field.

I rated him so him and expected so much from him but I don’t think he has got anything to offer or add to the new Super Eagles team.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transfer Deadline Updates / Nigeria's Likely Opponents In Brazil / Barcelona Finally 'Reach An Agreement' To Keep Lionel Messi Until 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.