Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (7494 Views)

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately / UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC / UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by actiondrilling: 12:26am On Feb 20, 2018
The striking unions made up of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) announced the meeting a day after the Joint Admission & Matriculation Board (JAMB) issued a statement that the two months old strike would affect the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) especially the mock examination scheduled for February 26.

Joint Action Committee, the body overseeing the ongoing strike by non-academic unions in Federal universities across Nigeria has scheduled an important meeting to review their decision to down tools.

The striking unions made up of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) announced the meeting a day after the Joint Admission & Matriculation Board (JAMB) issued a statement that the two months old strike would affect the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) especially the mock examination scheduled for February 26.

SaharaReporters learnt that JAC would be holding a congress to do an evaluation of the strike action which has been on since December 2017.Speaking with our correspondent, the Secretary of University of Lagos chapter of NASU, Comrade Aderibigbe said the scheduled meeting would also x-ray the case of some members who were arrested a couple of days back.

“The congress would be holding because of the strike and probably update members on the arrest of our members. We need to officially inform our members that those arrested have been released, that will be part of what we would be discussing,” Aderibigbe said.

JAMB had in statement noted that the unions are part of the key stakeholders for the conduct of the UTME examinations while expressing the hope that the federal government would accede to the requests of the striking workers for successful conduct of the examination.

“The unions are our critical stakeholders and their absence would be felt if the issue is not resolved before Monday, February 26. We are still hopeful that an amicable resolution of the crisis would be reached before the date of the examination.”

“We had prayed and worked tirelessly to ensure that the strike was called off hence our continued shifting of the dates for the examination,” JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr Fabian Benjamin said in a statement

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/utme-2018-non-academic-staff-unions-to.html

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2018
My problem is while is these trikes are on, no sign of protest from any of this organization had it been it's GEJ hmmm

Good morning all.

FTC more blessings this week Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by CodecJay(m): 7:25am On Feb 20, 2018
Ok
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by ivili(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2018
I think this Buhari 'so government is the best for Nigerians. Two months old strike and no body cares....democracy is truly alien to you guys.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by teemanbastos(m): 7:34am On Feb 20, 2018
ivili:
I think this Buhari 'so government is the best for Nigerians. Two months old strike and no body cares....democracy is truly alien to you guys.
The FG said that they have made sure of their money in the 2018 budget, but the 2018 budget will start in like June or July, so Except NASU soft pedals... we would be waiting until mid 2018 before the strike is called off as they said... No Payment, No Work..
They are tired of Empty promises.. the Government has to convince them Strongly and stop the pranks of not honouring signed agreements.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by BiGVEEN58(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2018
Nothing works in this country... Just when jamb is starting to rush things up.. NASU carry their evil spirit come slow them down. angry
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by aking123(m): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2018
I pity Nigeria's educational sector. I don't think there is barely a soul that has completed his/her tertiary education in public schools and has never experienced strike.
I cry for Nigeria!
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by omocalabar(m): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
My problem is while is these trikes are on, no sign of protest from any of this organization had it been it's GEJ hmmm

Good morning all.

exactly sir...no one even talking abt it

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2018
Please, they should call-off this strike. This their nonsense strike is delaying my transcript application.

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by MrJoshBaba(m): 7:52am On Feb 20, 2018
This country has a way of gifting frustration to it's citizens, which can be either by Independent marketers strike, ASUU or NASU strike, total blackout, wake-and-see price changes etc.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by BABANGBALI: 8:05am On Feb 20, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Please, they should call-off this strike. This their nonsense strike is delaying my transcript application.
come make I package one for you
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by montumonami(m): 8:12am On Feb 20, 2018
I couldnt do my clearance because of this damn strike

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2018
BABANGBALI:
come make I package one for you
Are you working in the students record department? If they didn't call of their strike, I will use my student profile since it contains all my results.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by BABANGBALI: 8:21am On Feb 20, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Are you working in the students record department? If they didn't call of their strike, I will use my student profile since it contains all my results.
just cone first make we talk. Na cash and carry o
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by IBBG(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2018
its so appalling the way the govt is treating this strike with so much levity.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by earthsync(f): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2018
they better call off this strike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Maj196(m): 9:01am On Feb 20, 2018
They better call of the strike cuz government no reason their matter at all
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Daint: 9:19am On Feb 20, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

sad that even after graduation, its like we are never really free. i need my transcript

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by mamuzoOMAH(m): 9:40am On Feb 20, 2018
the strike go end soon. just believe

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:04am On Feb 20, 2018
Daint:

sad that even after graduation, its like we are never really free. i need my transcript
It just a shame bro. I even called their enquiry lines, the numbers aren't going through. I had to call one of my juniors in Unilag, he told me the non-teaching staffs are frustrating the school, no light, no water. He told me that is the reason why my transcript is yet to be processed.

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Bifrost: 11:16am On Feb 20, 2018
The funny part is that, FG is not even concerned. No meeting with them, nothing!
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2018

People don't even care.
This has been on FP for 4hours, we are still on a single page.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by BetaThings: 11:38am On Feb 20, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

Good morning all.

How long did ASUU strike last for for under Jonathan? more than 4 months
At the end of the day he sacked the Minister of Education and left Wike (the Minister of State for Education) who did not do anything about the strike because he (Wike) discharged his real mandate of tackling then governor Amaechi

We have not forgotten

We also recall that Jonathan sent policemen after people protesting fuel subsidy removal. Scores were killed and eventually he deployed soldiers
to the streets to end the protest
We have not forgotten

Amaechi never abused Jonathan, he only expressed his disagreement with Patience's attempt to undermine him; people still criticised him for turning on a fellow man from SS
And Jonathan used that policeman Mbu to harass and intimidate Amaechi
Today, Fayose insults Buhari and he is applauded. Yet no policeman in the mould of Mbu has done anything to Fayose
We have not forgotten

Still Jonathan's supporters still play victim

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Danielomisco(m): 11:44am On Feb 20, 2018
ibbryte:

People don't even care.

bro its so painful,this strike is holding my life back

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by BetaThings: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2018
ibbryte:

People don't even care.

Why should they comment?
Is it about BB Naija
or a girl asking any man who can guess a number to come and meet her parent who will not give any list or
Chelsea V Barca

1 Like

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2018
Danielomisco:
bro its so painful,this strike is holding my life back

Aswear.

I have been home for 6months now.
It seems like the end is near tho.

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Danielomisco(m): 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote author=ibbryte post=65222341]

Aswear.

I have been home for 6months now.
It seems like the end is near tho.
[/quote hopefully, I think from now to two weeks,Atleast 15working days.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by makapella(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lemme say that they hv lost this war already. Since December till now,the govt has not given a single fvck abt em..As long as academic activities are still on,nobody cares about their strike..we really need an industrial revolution in this part of the world..Take nairaland for instance,the comments are very few unlike other topics..if na ASUU dey Strike now,we no go hear word..Exams r even ongoing sef..Buhari definitely didnt go to school.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Truman155(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
after graduation all I need is my certificate and I can't get it because of this useless strike how can i get any reasonable job without my certificate. I am currently frustrated in the contraption called Nigeria
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Daint: 9:15am On Feb 21, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

It just a shame bro. I even called their enquiry lines, the numbers aren't going through. I had to call one of my juniors in Unilag, he told me the non-teaching staffs are frustrating the school, no light, no water. He told me that is the reason why my transcript is yet to be processed.

I am following the development, it seems that it will be decided soon cos of JAMB'S INVOLVEMENT. So hopefully the pressure can touch the government to yield or at least give them a listening ear.
Re: UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Daint:

I am following the development, it seems that it will be decided soon cos of JAMB'S INVOLVEMENT. So hopefully the pressure can touch the government to yield or at least give them a listening ear.
I hope the issue is resolved. Thanks for this info.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words / Jamb De Form Closing Date! / Nnamdi Azikiwe Cut Off Mark Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.